What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

hanfiking

There’s just not enough good information about purple strains on the internet! We people are too lazy getting high on anything that resembles cannabis to fully describe the tastes, the mood, the feeling and the smells!
I had a purple strain a few years ago. The word on the street was, it was called purple haze, but it wasn't purple haze. The taste was earthy, slightly peppery/woody, tinges of lavender or mushroom. It wasn't too strong but had a really relaxing uplifting high, combined with the great taste it made me slightly euphoric, because I was enjoying such a great variety of ganja that I've never been able to find again. It's probably right under my nose and I'm sure it will turn up again.

Motaco started a great thread http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&page=1&pp=40

Many of you already know him, I don't... but it's a really great thread and extremely informative, but it's still not what I and many of us are looking for.
:joint:
Strain specific information, like THC, CBD, colours and hues, pictures, the high the feeling, the way it made you think. Where is it from, how does it taste grown in different environments and in general any tastes you could make out, or grown using different grow set-ups? and much, much more for every single strain. if any of this info is missing then there’s no point in adding the plant to this thread because we want all the information we can get. come on guys, pull yourselves together men.
Lets not limit this thread to purple strains only, any indicas and sativas are welcome too :lurk:

Purple Queen
Purple Widow
Purple #1 / Purple (Dutch Passion)
Purple Haze
Purple Star
Lighstorm BX1
Sweet Tooth #3 (Spice of Life)
Blackberry
Passion Purple
Lavender
Amethyst Bud
Biddy Early
Purple Power
New Purple Power
Original Flo
Flash Back
Kilimanjaro
Shaman
Strawberry Cough
Sweet Purple
Purple White Widow?
Twilight
Blueberry?
Trance
Purple Tops
Hollands Hope?

And these are just the strains that I have found in on-line seed banks, there are many more!! And all of them have a story to tell but the sites that offer them have almost nothing or always the same things to tell. So lets get the info rolling in.

Hanfi

Last edited:
Couple more for you

Purple Urkle clone only
GDP clone only

HTC makes haze bred towards the purple pheno, there were a couple packs up this weekend.

A lot of people think purple strains aren't that great. They look cool, but thats about it. I know there are a couple, but I think thats what you will find mostly.

plenty of info available on most of those by using the search:yes:

hanfiking

Yeah but it's not about the list of plants for me. You can put any plants in here as long as theres a good load of information to go with it. i like the purple strains a few of them are quite rough smelling and tasting sometimes, i like that. They also have a subtlety about them which i think is great. I want to find some which have a pine lavender mix smell taste that would make my day.

I have used the search but it's all scattered around in dribs and drabs, I want this thread to give you everything on every plant.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Purple Peace from G.A., not seeds for sale, but for sharing. Nice outdoor strain made to fit the climate of northern europe. Also the cross i use for outdoors here in Denmark, Purple Peace x Afghani#1.
It purples regardless...although theres a better yeilding green pheno too.

Stay Safe

I almost forgot:

You should be able to find a lot of valuable information that you are looking for here courtesy of Neptune:

No pictures but great info.

Overgrow's Complete Strainguide
OverGrow's Cached Strainguide:

http://www.hanflexikon.de/

See ya around,
JC
:joint:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

hanfiking: It is impossible to give people exact descriptions of different highs that different strains produce. You posted a link for UST, when you have finished the whole thread you will find some values of thcv (aso...) of some sativas. Those values aint gonna give you exact feeling about the effects of the strains + those values are so variable, plants that are same strain & from same batch will have different values than others, so...

GDK: Delicious bud, do you thing this cross of yours(?) will finish in Finland´s summer/autumn before frost get it?

Jingles: Awesome as always -> purple purple!!!

hanfiking

Oh yeah i know you can't document everything maybe as detailed as I would like, but it has to be better than the sh*t infos everyone gets from those seed websites.

Really i just want your personal experiences, and anything of informational value. And your most beautiful purple pics ;)

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one of the most fine stuff for me is the F13
crispy sativa high & great taste (hard to put in words ...something like vanilla/poison:)

as far as indicas i love the effects & flavor from Deep chunk (purple hashplant:)

hanfiking

XyZ that sativa looks Stunning!!! what was she like to grow, and what did you use? can you compare the taste or smells to anything i can relate with?

Peace

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Posted by hanfiking: Oh yeah i know you can't document everything maybe as detailed as I would like, but it has to be better than the sh*t infos everyone gets from those seed websites.
I dont try to be rude, just try to explain how hard & expensive is it for seedbanks/-companys to test their strains.

I am also fed up with all those bs descriptions that some companys put in their website. It is better to ask growers what they think about some strain you are interested. However, there are companies/breeders that give the exact heritage of the strain + other info about it. After a little surfing you will find it yourself. A breeder/company that tells about their strains heritage & answers peoples email questions about them are pretty sure more respectable breeders than companys that advertise their: ybergymbesuper-purplehaze -lol- = you know the point;) There are too much breeders/companys that are underrated, I wish these companies will get some foothold in the seedbusiness.

As for the purple pic´s:

hanfiking

Herbalistic: your totally right man! I have searched everywhere, but 90% of seed companies just use copy paste descriptions, they remind me of 5th hand street dealers or Chinese whispers. the most annoying thing is that you don't know anymore who is giving you any good first hand information, and it's stupid because I'll end up gunning the people who do and thats in my opinion why seed companies become underrated in the first place.
You can't hold breeders accountable for the data that does or doesn't reach the consumer.

I just want to find what I'm looking for. It seems theres no pride in commercial breeding anymore e.g. if you grow a unique strain and its stabilized and healthy and great etc. then I personally would try to sell it as best i can in a way that anyone who reads the description would almost be with the plant see, feel and smell and taste it.
ICMAG is sofar the best site I have found, I wasn't around with OG, but this is great already Information takes time to come together and it will happen and be even better here eventually.
I've been having fun reading the growers diaries, i also have a few little plants of my own.
I would like another great thread where people can spill their beans of wisdom for the rest of the world.

Peace

21025normal_purple_pot.jpg

Last edited:

kooki

:wave: @ hanfiking.
Hya hanfi, i am interested also in tryin purple stuff in future(along with other projects :D ) and currently havent had a purple plant before lol.. but i am growing out a female seeds Purple Power , its a baby still yet ,will be 2 week old on the friday coming, and some time before we get to the budding stage n colourful pics, but i shall pop back all going well with it, and post some pics then. I personally dont know too much other than their sites and a few threads on here about it, they say it needs 8 weeks veg. the plants are uniform about 40% ( as in that many will be closely resemble each other), that its unreliable indoors as its an outside strain, but i have seen others do indoor and doing indoor myself. They quote a 7 week flowerin period, but i never pay too much attention to the seed companies flower times lol.. i will get better idea growin some. And taste look smell, i cant comment on yet, but hopefully will get back in future to address that too..

Great thread idea, gettin some info from growers about these purple strains.. there is also a good thread somewhere of pics of those purple plants too, i sat lookin at the pics for hours, think its in the flower pics forum.
:wave:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Deep Chunk
Sweet Tooth x Lightstorm
Lightstorm (Sandstorm x Twilight)
Kodiak Gold

I know for a fact there is some purple in these genetics. I'd say Deep Chunk has the most purple.

killabrown420

awesome buds guys...this is the closest I've gotten to purple buds, BS#1 f2's from an old OG'er.

and some IPXBB (bb pheno) from ~outame~, another old timer OG'er

Latest posts

Latest posts