What's new

Purple Afghan

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Alfred-cannaria said:
Heyyy folks!!!

Some pics of my Afhgan Purple mum pregnant with other afghan purple to reproduce the genetic...

22067P2060208.JPG

Wow Alfred that looks damn tasty :yoinks:

:bow: super nice mum alfred........

those purple affie genes are simply amazing...

edit : have you guys thought of a Deep chunck x Purp Affie ?... that would be possible to create a afghan line with DC qualities but with better yiled and calyx to leaf ratio...and maybe some purple individuals :joint: .....yep i know ; that's simple to say ;)

Last edited:
G

Right now seeds are like hen's teeth, but I;m working on making a load more. I only made about 150 in the first batch and shared all but 25 or them with folks who would work with them and use them to make crsses such as Alfred in Spain and esbe in Denmark. I'm delighted to see Alfred's have indeed grown purple, even outdoors in Spain and also delighted that he has made more seeds so that many more oflks will get to try this lovely colourful lady for themselves.

From day one I had planned to cross the Purple Afghan to DC but a (former) friend stole my DC cut so it never happened. I have suggested to esbe and another friend who has the DC that that they cross the PA to the DC so they may well do so. I have also btained some DC seeds and will be growing them very shortly. I already have some Purple Afghan seedlings so I will cross the PA to the DC before too long.

So I'm sure in a few months there will be plenty of Purple Afghan seeds and hybrids floating around which makes me very happy.

British_Hempire said:
From day one I had planned to cross the Purple Afghan to DC

yeah the cross seems obvious to me even if im not in da breeding thing :)
i really like indicas (love to puff it a lot before sleepin or when im with my galfriend watchin tv at night) but today's indi are all the same :badday: ....
i think starting over with new afghan and paki original landraces is the way to go.....really....i'm in for the rebirth of indicas :joint:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
That's a right nice afghani sativa BH,i've read about them but never seen 1 up until now,aparently thay use to use the sativa's for hash production up until early 1900 when thay started to use the indica's for hash production.

Hello friends BH, good to see you dear bro.

Prximately i´ll harvest the PA seeds,if my friend BH want i can share some of this seeds. Always to people that BH want beacuse he give me the seeds of this genetic.

Bye friends!!

G

Please feel free to share the seeds freely, just want as many folks as possible to be able to sample this purple beauty!

G

I'm having some difficulty working out which male from the next generation Purple Afghan seeds to chose, I've found one with a lovely structure and a deep purple stem, but his balls are green, maybe they will turn purple before long. I want to find a purple male as I'm trying to stabilise the purple trait. I've cloned this one but I'll keep looking for other good males, see if I can find one with purple balls.

Last edited:

HarryNugz

another example of a beautiful purple plant that afghan. too bad these purple balls are sterile. i've been looking for a non sterile purple male for some time as well. good luck in your search BH.

hi all

hi all

whats up nugz long time no see :headbange man this has been a god send some more purple loves hanging out now i am not up to speed on the purple afghan but i have been playing around with the color's also and i tell you what do yours look alot like mine hear check this out if i may

i am pulling up a seat to see hows yours turn out for sure :headbange

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High' BH - nice grows man & many cool pics :wave:

just a hint about the selection - think you don't need a male with purple flowers if you want to make more seeds from this Afghan ...if it's a pure indica... than this genetics are already stable & it's not possible to make any big dramatic changes in one generation, at least if no specific chemicals are used. the way how the traits are shared is relatively constant in a pure-line. the whole genetic structure with the female combination will still give a highly similar ratio of phenos in the next generation.
so, spoken practical, using a male with purple flowers will may result in a bit higher ratio of purple males in the progeny....but not necessary changing the female side of the same line. of course the same happens also in the other way, an opticaly green affy male will not destroy the color of the purple affy female. the green male has for sure some great purple potential written in his genes... and crossing him with other lines will show the dominance of his potential. (i may add here that an important environmental factor for the deep purple expression are the low temps:)

a simple visual example is the deep chunk male i used for my own seed production of this line...
he was totally green on the leaves & stems, just a bit purple on some flowers ...but the color still appears in any chunky female that comes from the collected seeds of mine.

dc male

one of the moms..

15012dc_trics6.JPG

a nice example about temps & coloration is this dc male from Pablos, growing in spanish "winter"
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1567447#post1567447

28167DSC_0456.JPG

~also Esben had a mad colored dc male there in the northern outdoors last year (not winter grow)

as far as hybrids in my experience, the purple expression from the dc afghan is very dominant in the skunk cross. the skunk mom was a completely green plant. my dc male is up there on the first pics... and on the pics under this text it's visible that the purple (among the trics:) is much all over the skunk/chunk calyxes

some seeds shots on the skunk mom

the resulting skunk/chunk

i believe that practical experiments are much more useful for learning about nature, rather than theoretical speculation about what will you stabilize if you chose the male with purple balls. overall i would say - don't let the optical phenos fool ya... i'm sure you can get very nice purple kids also from this plant you have now!

though it's depending what you really want in the whole picture... just purple? what about more resin?!? :D
imo' the connoisseur wants a quality finished product, regardless of the look and yield. (yield may be important for some box-growers or commercial sellers, & bud-color is just optical). for me counts at the end only taste & effect ...that's why i picked the most aromatic dc male rather than an other that was more purple and also a bit earlier.

i was going the same way in the berry process, the analysis of the smell and stem structure was for me more important than the colorful expressions. note please that this was during the hot summer grow we had last year - none of the plants had much purple at all:)

the most aromatic original blueberry father

and the main mom - was very resinous & flavorful

i call this next generation just berry

colors are still on the nugs & trichomes - even if the male was green on his flowers (during the hot summer grow:)

and that's my blockberry (an absolutely green citrus blockhead mom crossed with the same original blueberry male)
...it's a fruity/potent plant with some colors on a few calyxes as well as some pinky trichome bodies

it's always good to learn from the observations of your own results & it's also good that different folks have different tendencies during the selection of cannabis ...so whatever you do, it's not wrong.... just be sure about that what you really want in the finish.

~sorry for this extremely long post with pics ...hope you don't mind... i just don't like to post words only

Good luck & much fun!

Last edited:
G

Hiya Harry, real shame that male is sterile, he's a real beauty!

Hiya Twisted Passion, love the avatar. That plant is lovely, some similarities to the PA but the PA has green leaves with hardly any purple, just the calyxes are purple.

Hiya XYZ, many, many thanks for the words of wisdom, I have a lot of respect for your work and skills. Thanks for the infor about indica IBLs. The first run of PA produced two different, but equally purple phenos, a pure green pheno and a green/pink pheno. I had three males, two were typical lanky males with very little side branching, while the third had the same structure as the females and was much shorter and had a lot of side branching, so I chose him based on these structural criteria. All four females were pollinated by him.

I chose 5 seeds from the better of the two purple phenos (although they were very, very similar) to do a quick test run and due to a problem with mould, I lost 3 of them and have 2 plants - one male, one female, the female has green preflowers, will put her into flower in a couple of weeks when I have taken cuts, if she is green the clones will be discarded.

The goal is to lock down the purple trait so that it is truebreeding for the intense purple colour, this is because I want to make outcrosses with a PA male and want one that is truebreeding for the purple colouration.

The actual PA line I will preserve as-is, don't think it needs any more work as the green and green/pink phenos had the same taste/smell as the purple ones, just a difference in colour, it's a pretty stable, consistent line as-is, the only reson I want to work it is to create a breeding line, the original PA line will be maintained as well.

I've cloned the PA male and will use him to make a couple of outcrosses - to a pure Thai and my El Yucateca Mexican, I'll only know if he passes on the purple trait by growing out his progeny, but I have decided that I am getting rid of most of my mothers and just keeping the Purple Afghan, El Yucateca and Kentish Cream, this is so I can devote all my resources to working these three into consistent, true-breeding seedlines. I'll ke keeping cuts of the pure Thai female too as I want to hybridise her.

It's a shame I don't have more space to be able to keep some of the beauties I'm gonna lose, but I have everything in seed form or can get another cut - Zamalhaze, Grapefruitbowl, Actual Sativa, Cheese, Purple Afghan x Cheese, Cheese x Yumboldt, Flo, Hashplant, Black Domina, G13 x OG Kush, Dark Kush, Blueberry x Zamalhaze, Trainwreck x Mexican, sadly they all have to go, just don't have the room to keep em.

G

Here are the ladies that I am gonna cross the Purple Afghan male to:

Thai:

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

Kentish Cream Jamaican:

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

El Yucateca Mexican:

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

I'll need some folks to do some test grows of these in a few months. I'm particularly excited about making the Purple Afghan x El Yucateca cross as both strains have huge yield and a heady high. They both also have extremely good calyx to leaf ratios so I hope I can breed a huge, purple strain with hardly any leaf! The Kentish Cream has crazy resin production and is right up there with the best for potency and taste. The Thai I haven't flowered yet, but judging by the smoke of the very high quality Thai sticks the seeds came from, it's similar to the Chocolate Thai DJ Short wrotre about as it has a dreamy, mellow high.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
hope you get a nice pa cross my friend, lovely mum for shure!

damn that El Yucateca Mexican is special! looks a lil like pa in green and fer shure sounds nice in a cross with pa!

B

bagseed77

this thread has me in a trance, at first when i read you were keeping the mexican and throwing out all those other mothers i shreeked and then i saw the pic, sweet.
all i have ever grown is mexican and i dont see why people bash it, there are some real treats, i think the el yucateca and the PA will be awesome.

good info xyz

G

Hiya esbe.

I thought the similarities between the green pheno PA and the El Yucateca were striking, so you're right, looks like a PA in green!

PA Green pheno:

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

El Yucateca:

DSCF0021.jpg

G

I can't find any pics of the green pheno PA, only of the tirmmed green PA buds, so just try and imagine this only green, not purple and you'll get an idea of what she looked like, the green pheno yielded the same as the purple phenos, they were identical apart from the colour.

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

lasko

BH what a beauty you have there. I like afi photos, but also mexican looks very very tasty.
Im sure you will have a nice nice cross

nice smoke m8

Latest posts

Latest posts