What's new

Purple Afghan

G

I didn't take many pics of the #6 harvest, but she was similar to the #4 purple pheno, she had the same large buds, just a bit more airy. The lighter magenta tone of the purple colour is apparent in some of the pics. The lower buds were more magenta, the top ones being darker.

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

G

Here are some pics of the main cola from #4 after a week of hang drying. I took this bud to my mate's 30th birthday party and jaws hit the floor when I pulled it out. After all, it's not every day you see a 9-inch purple bud. The last pic is some lower buds from the #6 purple pheno, this pic clearly illustrates the difference on colour between the two purple phenos, #6 being more magenta, #3 being dark purple.

DSCF0102.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Last edited:

Ras Pablo

Veteran
OMG Bh....what amazing!! colors!! I wish one day try this beauty outdoors here in Valencia...mediterranian sun :rasta:

Blesess!

G

Hi Ras

I would imagine this strain would do very well in the mediterranean sun, and would yield very well too. The colour isn't temperature dependent, so they would also be very purple.

G

Here are some pics of a dry bud from pheno #4, after 3 weeks curing in the jar:

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

monkey5

Veteran
British Hempire, very nice nug shots !!! looks like some candy tasting smoke for sure !!! best looking purple nug ive seen ever , grown under a 250 watt .... great find...good on you !!! wow !!! NICE!!! monkey5

G

Wasn't a cut, grown from seed. I am old that it's an unhybridised Afghan brought from said country by a British soldier and given to my firend who passed it on to me. I started 8 seeds, 4 males, 4 females, kept the best male and polinated the four females. This was before I realised there were 4 different phenos at least, so far from uniform in some aspects, but quite uniform in others.

Temps always in the 24-28 range, so the colour is not dependent on temperature. I imagine these would be even darker purple if grown outdoors with cold nights.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
BH, this is a very interesting strain.... and I think would be a nice plant to work hard with it..cause all afghan.. have a big potencial!!

Wan´t to see how is gonna be next generation BH :rasta:

Jah Guide

ngakpa

Veteran
British_Hempire said:
Wasn't a cut, grown from seed. I am old that it's an unhybridised Afghan brought from said country by a British soldier and given to my firend who passed it on to me. I started 8 seeds, 4 males, 4 females, kept the best male and polinated the four females. This was before I realised there were 4 different phenos at least, so far from uniform in some aspects, but quite uniform in others.

Temps always in the 24-28 range, so the colour is not dependent on temperature. I imagine these would be even darker purple if grown outdoors with cold nights.

BH - wonderful colours, sounds lovely

the British contingent of ISAF (Nato) troops in Afghanistan have as far as I know been stationed in Southern Afghanistan for many years - Helmand and Kandahar provinces... tentatively you could guess these seeds are from down South... Kandahar is certainly one of the most famous hash regions, wish I could say I had tried some myself, but sadly not... (nicest Afghan I have smoked was from Sheberghan, redder and more refined garda when unpressed than generic Mazar, strong sharp smell - stong smell of juniper, with cocoa and chocolaty orange, very powerful high too...)

G

Hiya Hazy. I think that this Purple Afghan has a similar taste to that DC you had, the #6 purple pheno is the closest, the other phenos all have the same flavour but with varying degrees of sweetness added.

I plan to cross a purple pheno Purple Afghan to a DC male somewhere down the line, the Purple Afghan has all the yield and colour you could want, and the DC would add resin, be an interesting cross I am sure. In the meantime, I used the best Purple Afghan male to pollinate a lower branch on my Cheese and OG Kush cuts and got about 50 beans of each. I've shared most of them with other folks, but have about 15 of each left, I'm gonna start them next run. If I can find a lady with the size and colour of the Purple Afghan but the bud density and resin production of the OG, I'll be a very happy camper and will spread the cut far and wide! lol

ngakpa

Veteran
yeh it is nice Hazy - in my limited experience Sheberghan is the best smelling and best looking hashish I have ever seen, does the whole melty bubbly thing like good Mazar, but actually the high tends to make me quite edgy and paranoid, many smokers love it though... Kandahari is spoken of as being one of the best types of hashish too... it used to be the place to go for that was a particular street in Quetta named after one of the more notorious Southern states of the US... though it was all closed down about three months ago... Mriko has a pick of Sheberghan hashish I think, and I would guess as a strain it would have wider thicker leaves than BH's strain here has, but again I am not sure - plan to find out soon though hehe

those crosses sound fecking lovely btw -

Last edited:
G

Well, I doubt I will ever be able to go to Afghanistan and try their produce for myself, so growing their genes will have to do!

blisstonian

Hey bh,

got my purp afgani outta ottawa canada.

It is so purple, but gets Mad purple w/nice cool temps. Takes 42~45 days to amber trichs. I let clones go 25 days from cut and yield 45 to 6O grams per plant. gotta love it.

nice pix

G

42 to 45 days to amber? I've never seen a plant that took less than 55. These took 65.

Latest posts

Latest posts