What's new

Purple Afghan

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
BH - here's my two Purple Afghan plants (at front), getting ready for the great outdoors. The one on the right is definitely female, and still waiting for the other to declare. But apart from a slight difference in height and leaf-size, they're remarkably similar...:)

G

Hiya mate, good to see the PA again, not surprised that they look very similar, all of the 7 I grew from that same batch of seeds you have were very similar, the differences came in flower, some turned purple, some didn't, the green ones were just as good though, just green/pink rather than purple.

Due to circumstances I have to keep tight-lipped at the moment, but I can everyone that the Purple Afghan still survives, the male and female cuts I had are still alive, male pollen has been produced and some females have been pollinated, there are some PA ladies growing outdoors and indoors and PA seeds will be available late summer, probably end of August, can't say more than that or go into details or post pics, so please don't ask, my personal situation is difficult right now and I can't say anymore.

Easy Brit. Been following your thread, i come back now and then. You do inspire me for sure man. Just simply put 'budtastic' mate. I'v not actually grown any full purple plants yet, but i have grown outdoors a NPP from Nirvana that had slight purpleing. This was back in 2003 i think.
I had 4 Mr.Nice from Sensi growing indoors that turned out to be all male, so i choose the male stud (like you do), and crossed it with the NPP. I'm yet to grow these, but i think i'm gona have to give them a go these comeing days.
May be i'll have a beauty on my hands by autumn. But no way (i think) as gorgeous as them PA.

Top Buzz.
Peace.

Fellow Brit. :joint:

G

Hiya mate

Great to see someone is still followignthis thread! The PA project continues:

Last week I pollinated three exotic tropical pure sativa ladies from 3 different continents with distinctly different characters with magic dust from my Purple Afghan male, went to visit the ladies today and there are plenty of shrivelled, orange pistils and swelling calyxes - growing out those progeny is far more interesting to me that selfing a cut, no matter how elite or sought-after it may be!

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

As for mould, I had that problem last summer (record humid year, 2007 in the UK) and I cured it by placing a fan blowing directly at the plants and addign in a couple of those sheap plastic boxes full of water absorbing crystals you get in pund shops or hardware stores, the ones I had were 151 brand. For a bigger space, a pugin mains dehumidifier should do the job nicely, but take care not to drop the humidity too low!

dkmonk

Wow your PA project is comming along very nicely, a lot of different crosses coming out of this one. I'm sure you are going to find some terrific "diamonds in the rough" or not so ruff since PA is already a nice plant.

If your interested in an abundance of us commercial US brick beans i may know someone who has some, because they like to buy a couple of pounds a month :), just drop a pm if your interested in growing a surprise.

Hope your crosse's come out good,

nice lookin,

dkmonk

Chaghatai

This is amazing work. I can't wait to work with the stabilized PA someday. Unreal colors you found there, especially since they're not particularly temperature-dependent. Please keep up the updates as you are able!

Latest posts

Latest posts