What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Thai Sativas

romanoweed

i think you are rather an older guy, i would guess... age doesent matter.

So, you seem to imply You DID smoke 70s Thai.. or something of greater greatness.. but here is the point..
I am a guy, that smoked it too.. And i hallucinated on it.. And people ALWAYS tell its not true basically..

So then there is you, and i relitvated your idea, that thai is not AS strong as claimed.. i gave credit to it, i said: some guys who smoke much cbd wont trip.. right? yes..

So, i dont know man.. we come back to ME.. I can only smoke sativas.. and every time someone says Thai may not be as strong.. then its a relative true claim.. But also relative wrong.

For some its very strong for the others , if they are in the situation of smoking much cbd, or overall much much weed, its weaker..

What has this to do with coming back to me: well... i work my ass off for finding it, and assuring it lives on (preservation) cause its the only weed i can enjoy. COUPLED with the rarity of it that comes from very very few people even willing to grow lowyealding plants.. Such relativations that you did .. well they dont have a direct effect.. you didnt influence people, but they paint a relatively true picture for people who probably dont care for thai that much..
So, again ME knows that by such "relative truths" in the situation of rarity and omnipresence of so to speak"fake thai" or "missleading modern thai" that its very easy for people to say:

1: ooh i smoked a THAI, and it was more stressy than anything.. and it sounds as thule says its anyway not as good as people tell.. (wich is true for some who smoke much cbd, have differnet brain..)
2: ooh, i never actually got a thai offered, and thule says its anyway not as good as people say (wich is true for some who smoke much cbd, have differnet brain..)

imho.. if you understand tha I can only enjoy real Thai and similars.. Your comments dont paint the full picture..And i completed it.
Also your strong defending, that hippies didnt tell you valid smokereports so to speak... even after i told you basically that it wasnt just hippies but still people in 2020 who had these reports.. this hurts me a bit.. i dont think i have implied tooo much you dont know stuff. i stressed it a bit tho.. and why.. well its my guilt, but on the other hand i tested you, and you didnt positively pass the test .. i brought up a smokereport from 2 years ago "fly to space report" .. was interested if you would come back like "aaah i remeber wich you mean, it was this guy called ....." .. but you didnt..

Look , i found it painful. i can only smoke thai, i hunt loong time.. you bring anwsers that arent wrong, i make them a bit more true, ESPECIALLY for the type of personalities that can trip.. and only can smoke this weed.. Dont you want this type of guys to have their THAI.. ? By kind of selfedefending, youre.. you still bring the relative truths forward.. in favor for, well guys who dont trip on weed, and that is probably not of such great immence differecne as it is for people who trip.. i understood i attacked you in the way that i implied you dont know as much as i.. its wrong, but ey.. i just decided to do so, because..

Last edited:

romanoweed

because there are guys that only can smoke thai.. if i smoke something else i get depression, depressive thought.. so, can i please have my word without people questionign it, or just straight kind claiming its not valid, not true, outdated or whatever.. please let me do that..

Otherwise i feel like the thing is outa controll with this everlasting. ooh thai is way weakerONLY claims.. people may beleive it. and i can work even harder than already probably..
I dont drink, i dont like it.. so can i please get my puff too, one day? after 10 years ofweed abstinence because of hybrid-paradise, and cluelessness of those who actually would grow thai, but dont even know such a thing exist, and could definitely take a breeze of thaismokereport, that may make them mouthwater, cause they instinctively feel: " yeah that sounds better than that stuff i always get".. "ill grow it despite the floweringtime." so therefore i get some more helping hands, can i? thanks man!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm not sure I understand most of this page of the thread, but if you didn't smoke the Thai sticks in the 70s then you cannot know if something else you smoked in 2000 is the same.
I'm hoping to start some Thais next summer (Southern hemisphere). I'd love the old Thai sticks to be out there. :ying:

romanoweed

so, you are saying, no seed generated in the 70s would EVER be able to be sprouted and produce Thai again, even it was a seed that was made in the 70s.. Evidence?
Or just assumtion..

Again. yeah you didnt understand it.. would you you would have heard me scream to please not question the ONLY person that still speaks about his tripexperiences in year 2000. Thats all you do, up and down left and right, into the heart, you just question it. Sickening.

I dont want to tell anything nomore to you .. (i may, but i dont want,,) really its so freaking sickening.. whats the intention

Claiming its not possible, but i tripped on weed ... or was it , on what ? what was the thin landrace looking 20 weeker bud then? ooh laced,, gotcha..

Up and down. thats what i dont like man. i try to clear things up, not just chat. ey. its kinda hurting.

yeah the things you probably didnt understand is that i basically told, that im the only person that tripped on weed and is forthcoming about it today is me. your talking to me right? and that its so sickening, cause i tell something that is part of looooooooooong reserch, what made people trip, what not.. and every time there are dozens of people questioning in an exaggerated amoutn (thats also cause they are more people that didnt trip on weed) every single term and word that i say .. to the point of too much...

romanoweed

instead you could go like: ooh, you tripped, was it nice tell me about it, oh you researched, what did you find , without questioning every single word., icant talk nomre really. zero interesse, zero request for old strains, zero, sometimes its just zero, like now, and just questioning every single letter basically.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
so, you are saying, no seed generated in the 70s would EVER be able to be sprouted and produce Thai again, even it was a seed that was made in the 70s.. Evidence?
Or just assumtion..

Again. yeah you didnt understand it.. would you you would have heard me scream to please not question the ONLY person that still speaks about his tripexperiences in year 2000. Thats all you do, up and down left and right, into the heart, you just question it. Sickening.

I dont want to tell anything nomore to you .. (i may, but i dont want,,) really its so freaking sickening.. whats the intention

Claiming its not possible, but i tripped on weed ... or was it , on what ? what was the thin landrace looking 20 weeker bud then? ooh laced,, gotcha..

Up and down. thats what i dont like man. i try to clear things up, not just chat. ey. its kinda hurting.

yeah the things you probably didnt understand is that i basically told, that im the only person that tripped on weed and is forthcoming about it today is me. your talking to me right? and that its so sickening, cause i tell something that is part of looooooooooong reserch, what made people trip, what not.. and every time there are dozens of people questioning in an exaggerated amoutn (thats also cause they are more people that didnt trip on weed) every single term and word that i say .. to the point of too much...
No, all I am saying is that if you didn't experience original Thai sticks in the 70s, than you cannot know if later experiences compare, or not. Anyone can claim to have a plant grown from original Thai Stick. If that is smoked by someone who has no experience of the original, how can they tell if it is legitimate or not?

romanoweed

but i was quiet accurate in saying that you go down the "questioning" route. right.?

you basically put into question "the knowledge over thaistick that i have" ..
And again one could say thats just questioning "the knowlege".. not any knowledge at all, but rather the amount of knowledge ..
and thats what i find too much.. thats all the responses i get.. the reasoning of Things not beeing.. Knowledge not beeing.. the impossibility of somethign, the knowledge..

So, and then i counter: do you have evidence that thai sprouted 50 years later MUST be different.. what if i plant it in thailand same location that they stemmed for.. And honestly i dont want your anwser... Its just to much pointing out of what isnt.. because even grown the same seed here in Europe, or even one time reproduced (wich my seed wasnt acording my research) it COULD possibly be pretty similar ?or even very similar,, or identical? .. or do you have evidence (bestcasescenario original seeds sprouted/grown in thailand 50 years later) that supports your claim of impossibility.?

because i tripped on such a degree that i call it livechanging, that i call ayahuasca level.. sand you tell in my face it was unauthentic, whera my report is above every other i ever read in intensity..

So, even IF my experience was unauthentic, it was still livechaning, ayahuasca degree.. so i think that could deserve a bit more emhasizing, what IS.
So, the first Generation Vietnamese that i probably smoked CANT be the same as what the 70s people smoked..lol even if was as deep as ayahuasca.. exceed any imagination i had.. ok thats all i get as response. no question what i saw, how it felt, how it compares to other drugs.. you just talk about what it cant, and what isnt.
without any evidence (can be anektotal, but atlest something to back it up),

its relatively sickening

Chi13

ICMag Donor
but i was quiet accurate in saying that you go down the "questioning" route. right.?

you basically put into question "the knowledge over thaistick that i have" ..
And again one could say thats just questioning "the knowlege".. not any knowledge at all, but rather the amount of knowledge ..
and thats what i find too much.. thats all the responses i get.. the reasoning of Things not beeing.. Knowledge not beeing.. the impossibility of somethign, the knowledge..

So, and then i counter: do you have evidence that thai sprouted 50 years later MUST be different.. what if i plant it in thailand same location that they stemmed for.. And honestly i dont want your anwser... Its just to much pointing out of what isnt.. because even grown the same seed here in Europe, or even one time reproduced (wich my seed wasnt acording my research) it COULD possibly be pretty similar ?or even very similar,, or identical? .. or do you have evidence (bestcasescenario original seeds sprouted/grown in thailand 50 years later) that supports your claim of impossibility.?

because i tripped on such a degree that i call it livechanging, that i call ayahuasca level.. sand you tell in my face it was unauthentic, whera my report is above every other i ever read in intensity..

So, even IF my experience was unauthentic, it was still livechaning, ayahuasca degree.. so i think that could deserve a bit more emhasizing, what IS.
So, the first Generation Vietnamese that i probably smoked CANT be the same as what the 70s people smoked..lol even if was as deep as ayahuasca.. exceed any imagination i had.. ok thats all i get as response. no question what i saw, how it felt, how it compares to other drugs.. you just talk about what it cant, and what isnt.
without any evidence (can be anektotal, but atlest something to back it up),

sickening
romanoweed, you are reading much more into it than what people are actually saying. Please read again what I have actually written (and Thule). All I am saying is that if you have not tried the original Thai Sticks, then you do not know if anything else you try is the same, or compares in some way. I am not saying that something now can't compare, only that you do not know if it does if you haven't had the original.

Not once have I said that Thai Stick or similar can't exist now, only that unless you have actually smoked the original, you do not know for sure. Anyway, not sure how to explain it better so good luck in your search.:comfort:

romanoweed

yes, and im not complaining in that sense about you specualting .. however, again and again people emphasize only on what isnt when it comes to thai trip experiences . basically only

read your sentence.. you point out again what i DO NOT KNOW.. Without to back up the CLAIM that you know that i do not know.. so it stays a Claim..

So you claim "negative " things, unless you provide subsequently a bit of evidence.. at this point you claiim what isnt. the "you do not know"

Thats itselve not bad.. but get it.. thats all people always tell me when it comes to thai tripweed.. what cant, isnt and so forth..
So im not actually debating what you say without backing it up with evidence.. im simply adressing, (and abit of complaining) THAT you do that, but not necessarly you, just the icmag in a whole, as any other forum.. there is always the same response: it cant , it isnt,and so forth..so

romanoweed

im sorry if you stepped into the wrong area in the wrong time, kindof.. Its really this accumulation , not necessarly one single person, just the accumulation of "it isnt "claims that is totally unbalanced discussion.. i woukld have let it be good.. and i did thousand times..
I know you guys even as interested and longtime interested in this.. i think we are all just sickened all together that we have not even one old Thai line around... So , are we frustrated..

doesent change that i also sickened, and now it was too much.

anyay lets be kind i suppose? haaha, , sorry and by

Chi13

ICMag Donor
It's all good romanoweed. I realise you are just passionate about your cannabis.

I do believe that Thai stick or similar is still out there somewhere. Member here, HEMPY has it (or so he claims) and I have no reason to doubt. There must be others who have preserved it even if it no longer exists in Thailand. It was exported all over the Western world for almost a decade. I had cannabis in Laos a few years ago that was quite similar. Better in fact for me as it didn't come with the paranoia that Thai stick could produce, but neither did it have the trippiness unfortunately, just rocket ship take off euphoria and bliss. To be honest, I would love to have the Thai stick again but I would not smoke it regularly as it would be hard to function on it.

GreenAndFast

The effects of smoking Thai stick and tripping is why I'm growing so many landrace and NLDs. My old mango cut is certainly euphoric and uplifting but no paranoia or edge to the high. Maybe I just haven't smoked a sufficient quantity as I am a heavy smoker(vaper). I'm hoping the latest Zamal I grew will have something about it but reading reports of various other strains - tripping seems to be a lightning in a bottle moment. Probably not trying hard enough 😂

harvestreaper

Veteran
20220420_175739.jpg

feelin blessed wanted a male,, last two mango thai/laos seeds male and female ,,,the male

Leocadius

Veteran
Solo he probado Thai stick en extracción de aceite, nunca lo he probado en flor. Me recuerda mucho al efecto de la negra congoleña que fumaba en flor antes de 1976

Attachments

• Gn Thai stick.JPG
    Gn Thai stick.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
  • Gn Thai Stick x Zamal f3 x Zamal f7.JPG
    Gn Thai Stick x Zamal f3 x Zamal f7.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 67
  • Gn Thai Stick x Zamal f3 x Zamal f7 (2).JPG
    Gn Thai Stick x Zamal f3 x Zamal f7 (2).JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
I use to get Thai sticks back in the 70's, especially when I lived in Oahu. A lot of it was fugazi, buds that looked like Thai, secured to a stick with hemp twine or fishing line and a miraculous increase in price.

Thai sticks in Hawaii smelled like wet carpet and gave you a very powerful dreamy, semi-narcotic like high, similar to an indica.

Chocolate Thai 70% THC a.jpg
Chocolate Thai 70% THC.jpg

Thai strains are not uncommon in my neck of the woods, with chocolate and lemon pheno's being the most popular.

Pictured below is some Thai Sativa live resin I'm currently enjoying. It has devastating potency, with a strong lemon citrus flavor......:smoker:
Thai Live Resin.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I use to get Thai sticks back in the 70's, especially when I lived in Oahu. A lot of it was fugazi, buds that looked like Thai, secured to a stick with hemp twine or fishing line and a miraculous increase in price.

Thai sticks in Hawaii smelled like wet carpet and gave you a very powerful dreamy, semi-narcotic like high, similar to an indica.

Pictured below is some Thai Sativa live resin I'm currently enjoying. It has devastating potency, with a strong lemon citrus flavor......:smoker:
I found it very interesting that comment with indica like high.

citric thai is some great stuff!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I had cannabis in Laos a few years ago that was quite similar. Better in fact for me as it didn't come with the paranoia that Thai stick could produce, but neither did it have the trippiness unfortunately, just rocket ship take off euphoria and bliss. To be honest, I would love to have the Thai stick again but I would not smoke it regularly as it would be hard to function on it.
maybe it has something to do with processing it? like drying and curing? more curing?

as this I found very interesting. first it was happy euphoric weed, after curing it turned to trippy weed:

Here's a GN Thai stick cut selected from a few packs, it takes 20+ weeks to finnish and has a pleasant sweet piney flavor that I've found to be pretty common among the Thais. Straight off the tree its a very friendly high, but becomes more and more psychedelic the longer it cures.
picture.php

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

I tripped out on weed too... and it was not landrace...

what really counts in the end is if you tripped out on weed today or yesterday. if you tripped on weed at 70s or at 80s, it is nice memory, good for nostalgia and telling stories, but quite useless for smoking weed today.