What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr Clean, the male in Destroyer is pictured in this thread, he is a selection from Destroyer genetics. He looks Thai.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219224

Destroyer may be closer to a Pure Thai than I realize - the effect is a Thai high. The nine Meao Thai females assures depth and variety of pheno-types within Destroyer's mostly Thailand genetics. Charlie Garcia noted - in the original (early) breeding a Mexican / Colombian male pollinated nine Meao Thai females.

FWIW :)

Not problem Infinitesimal
Destroyer uses its male, a dad maintained from 2003, called Mr Klean (in the picture) by friend Raco
All Meao Thai crosses use a pure Meao Thai male so most lines made with ACE are real F1s, not Destroyer used there
best
kaiki

Mr. Klean is 12 years old and still kicking afaik :)

Angolese (f) x Meao Thai (m)...F2 seeds by Mustafunk ;) and grown guerrilla style by me lol...harvested last November...not cured yet :)

satva

Veteran
Thanks Raco, Mr. Klean is very clean and clear, indeed!. You and Mr. Klean are famous, for stabilizing seeds from Thailand genetics.

I'm crossing Destroyer along the original concept ~ Highland Mexican (father) from Chimera.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Raco,

One again you post pictures of buds that make me drool. That Angola x Mr. Clean looks like the pure Sativa I smoked so much in my youth. I literally can't stop staring at it.

:tiphat:

Is the male named Mr. Clean for the high of it's daughters, the aroma, both, or something else?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

T

tropicannayeah

Satva wrote

"Destroyer smoke report ~ 17 week phenotype smell in jar is similar to Frankincense Cedar/Pine/Lemon/Sweet Spice/Sage, the smell of the smoke is Sage / Herbal / Pine.

Clear, energetic, cerebral ~ connoisseur high. 9 month of curing. For months during the curing the smell was of Sage/Straw, now the smell - in the jar- is Frankincense ~ Sweet Spice/Cedar/Pine wood/Lemon. This pheno-type is my favorite smoke. That concludes the straight commentary. Now for the smoke report.

I'm floating at bit, as the energy is uplifting, spiraling, and light. Energy is flowing from the upper part of my brain, light energy flowing all around at the level of my eyes. My heart rate and energy increased from the upper chest. The effect is more energetic than euphoric. Euphoria is felt as floating and uplifting - a characteristic of Highland Thai. By contrast - euphoria from Highland Mexicans are more grounded and connected to the earth with good feeling. Thai phenotype is very clear - clearer than Highland Mexican phenotypes

The spiraling energy flow around eye level of the head is psychedelic, The upper part of your brain is active, so the effect is uplifting. The high is clear, in the head. The body effect is contracting and a bit tight. Other than that - first class connoisseur high."

The effects of the high you described so well is exactly the type of high I reach for every time too.

and Chock Dee to all the growers out there with a garden full of Thai girls. I grew nothing but Thais for ten years but haven't grown them for ages so it's great to check out threads like this.

One thing is for sure, Thais are the most challenging of strains to grow, every other strain is easier in every way...but growing Thais can also be rewarding too. If you can grow Thais, you can grow any other strain with ease.

Last edited:
T

tropicannayeah

and as wonderful as the highs are from the best examples of Thai strains...sky high, long duration, trippy. etc...the dry sifted resin made from the same buds is a huge step higher. Nothing beats the resin from a gentle first sift of well grown, carefully handled, several months old Thai bud...if the high from the bud gives you a nice almost trippy high, then very clean dry sifted resin from the same bud will be a highlight for sure. The problem is that once you start smoking dry sifted resin, bud from the same plant won't get you very high, the good news is you will breathe better as you will be smoking way less tar.

satva

Veteran
a huge step higher, from dry sift.

You can grind your best buds, do a rough sift and then vaporize on low medium temperature. The early resins taken at the lowest vaporization temperature are the sweetest / most sativa, stop vaporizing when you get the slightest smell of coffee. When you remove the sifted marijuana the color should be light / medium brown. Taking the early vapors off your best fine grind Thailand buds is fairly close to the effect of fresh dry sifted resin shaken from flower-tops after 3 months of cure.

The longer you vaporize at higher temperatures, the darker the dis-guarded marijuana, the effect of vaporizing becomes closer to smoking. Vaporizing, (compared to smoking) IMO has a cleaner and calmer effect especially at lower vaporization temperatures.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Ayyyyyyyyyy, finally! I cut my red thai last week end! Still a couple week before smoke test!

But smell is already "Thai Style" You should know :D

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Got pictures of that Red Thai?

I was going through Elevatorman's classic Thai stick thread and found these pictures, I hope ojd doesn't mind me posting them here.

1768101_45171.JPG

1768101_4528.JPG

Looks like a stereotypical Thai plant to me but I wasn't around in the 60's so how could I know for sure. This is what the original seeds looked like. There were some well made arguments about those sticks actually being from Laos or Cambodia..

9533DSCN7138_sm.jpg

I'm sure we've all heard the story of how middle eastern genetics were imported to Thailand in the 70's by cartels. The neighbouring countries are supposedly somewhat less affected by these genetics but is there anything to back this up? Where are these hashplant genetics now? I know there are hybrids grown in Thailand and Cambodia but apart from the obvious modern hybrid plants has anyone observed a trend towards hashplants in Thai strains? Anyone ever see a plant that looked even distantly Pakistani influenced? The whole Myanmar/China thing I think complicates things further..

I'm popping some SE Asian seeds, that's why I ask. Unfortunately none of them Thai :) but Laos and Cambodia hit close enough I think. I'm trying my luck with some Mekong Hazes, they've got some obvious germination issues. I don't have any fancy stuff like fulvic acid so it has to be very basic.. I manually cracked open some seeds and placed them in warm water 37-40c? The water was boiled earlier to kill any microbial life. I soaked the seeds overnight and kept the temps in the 30-35c range, today the one seed that I had brutally cracked with my teeth was looking swollen and I could actually see the tap root! That might not mean a thing but I'll try to follow the tips I was given and we'll see what comes out of it. It's almost pee-my-pants exciting at this point! :laughing:

I'm taking a microbe phobic approach with these, I even soaked the coco in boiling water before transplanting as to kill any fungi that might take an interest in my precious seeds. Any tips are welcome of course.

Siever

Veteran
Thanks guys.

And this was Thai by Greenhouse Seeds.

What is your opinion on Greenhouse seeds? I hear so many mixed reviews! Some say they suck, others say they are quite good. I only know that IMHO Franco is an exagerator. Always when they have found some "magic" landrace plantation from which they smoke, he is alwys like: oh my god I'm so fucking stoned, while they smoke every day all day. I did the same for more than 10 years and when I smoked the best weed the Holland coffeshops had to offer, 1 joint could barely made me high/stoned. He just needed just a couple puffs. WTF?
On the other hand, no matter where they go, they always have found the real deal; pure genuine local landrace. I once heard the story of , I think it was Serious Simon (a man who definately gets my thrust), in which he claimed he went to I can't remember, where he did an awfull lot of effort, but went back with empty hands.

Siever

Siever

Veteran
Got pictures of that Red Thai?

I was going through Elevatorman's classic Thai stick thread and found these pictures, I hope ojd doesn't mind me posting them here.

View Image

View Image[/URL

Looks like a stereotypical Thai plant to me but I wasn't around in the 60's so how could I know for sure. This is what the original seeds looked like. There were some well made arguments about those sticks actually being from Laos or Cambodia..

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9533DSCN7138_sm.jpg]View Image

I'm sure we've all heard the story of how middle eastern genetics were imported to Thailand in the 70's by cartels. The neighbouring countries are supposedly somewhat less affected by these genetics but is there anything to back this up? Where are these hashplant genetics now? I know there are hybrids grown in Thailand and Cambodia but apart from the obvious modern hybrid plants has anyone observed a trend towards hashplants in Thai strains? Anyone ever see a plant that looked even distantly Pakistani influenced? The whole Myanmar/China thing I think complicates things further..

I'm popping some SE Asian seeds, that's why I ask. Unfortunately none of them Thai :) but Laos and Cambodia hit close enough I think. I'm trying my luck with some Mekong Hazes, they've got some obvious germination issues. I don't have any fancy stuff like fulvic acid so it has to be very basic.. I manually cracked open some seeds and placed them in warm water 37-40c? The water was boiled earlier to kill any microbial life. I soaked the seeds overnight and kept the temps in the 30-35c range, today the one seed that I had brutally cracked with my teeth was looking swollen and I could actually see the tap root! That might not mean a thing but I'll try to follow the tips I was given and we'll see what comes out of it. It's almost pee-my-pants exciting at this point! :laughing:

I'm taking a microbe phobic approach with these, I even soaked the coco in boiling water before transplanting as to kill any fungi that might take an interest in my precious seeds. Any tips are welcome of course.

I wouldn't crack the seeds myself if I were you. Just put them in soil/rockwool/whatever & be patient. IMO it's to dangerous to waste seeds that way.

Siever

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I wouldn't crack the seeds myself if I were you. Just put them in soil/rockwool/whatever & be patient. IMO it's to dangerous to waste seeds that way.

Siever

These old seeds are notorious for not popping, I already wasted 7 seeds by not pre cracking them. According to Ed Borg the last person to succeed with these did just that.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Actually the correct term was "heavy scuffing". Which is what I meant to say. I only pre cracked that one seed to see what happens. Tired now..

ahortator

Veteran
Hi everybody

Siever, excuse me because it is not my business. But I wouldn't buy anything to people who travel around the world giving to the farmers Dutch hybrid seeds with the purpose to destroy the original landrace genetics.

The videos of their travels are very entertaining. But I cannot find any Colombian, Malawi, Indian, Jamaican or Moroccan strain or even hybrids of them in their web. Only fancy feminized Dutch polyhybrids.

About Thai and other SE Asian strains I look for something like this:

n) Southeast Asia - Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam (10 to 20 north latitude)

Since American troops first returned from the war in Vietnam, the Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, and Vietnamese strains have been regarded as some of the very finest in the world. Currently most Southeast Asian Cannabis is produced in northern and eastern Thailand. Until recent times, Cannabis farming has been a cottage industry of the northern mountain areas and each family grew a small garden. The pride of a farmer in his crop was reflected in the high quality and seedless nature of each carefully wrapped Thai stick. Due largely to the craving of Americans for exotic cannabis, Cannabis cultivation has become a big business in Thailand and many farmers are growing large fields of lower quality Cannabis in the eastern lowlands. It is suspected that other Cannabis strains, brought to Thailand to replenish local strains and begin large plantations, may have hybridized with original Thai strains and altered the resultant genetics. Also, wild stands of Cannabis may now be cut and dried for export.

Strains from Thailand are characterized by tall meandering growth of the main stalk and limbs and fairly extensive branching. The leaves are often very large with 9 to 11 long, slender, coarsely serrated leaflets arranged in a drooping hand like array. The Thai refer to them as "alligator tails" and the name is certainly appropriate.

Most Thai strains are very late-maturing and subject to hermaphrodism. It is not understood whether strains from Thailand turn hermaphrodite as a reaction to the extremes of northern temperate weather or if they have a genetically controlled tendency towards hermaphrodism. To the dismay of many cultivators and researchers, Thai strains mature late, flower slowly, and ripen unevenly. Retarded floral development and apparent disregard for changes in photoperiod and weather may have given rise to the story that Cannabis plants in Thailand live and bear flowers for years. Despite these shortcomings, Thai strains are very psychoactive and many hybrid crosses have been made with rapidly maturing strains, such as Mexican and Hindu Kush, in a successful attempt to create early-maturing hybrids of high psychoactivity and characteristic Thai sweet, citrus taste. The calyxes of Thai strains are very large, as are the seeds and other anatomical features, leading to the misconception that strains may be polyploid. No natural polyploidy has been discovered in any strains of Cannabis though no one has ever taken the time to look thoroughly. The seeds are very large, ovoid, slightly flattened, and light brown or tan in color. The perianth is never mottled or striped except at the base. Greenhouses prove to be the best way to mature stubborn Thai strains in temperate climes.

-Marijuana Botany, CHAPTER 3 Genetics and Breeding of Cannabis, Robert Connell Clark-

Siever

Veteran
Hi everybody

Siever, excuse me because it is not my business. But I wouldn't buy anything to people who travel around the world giving to the farmers Dutch hybrid seeds with the purpose to destroy the original landrace genetics.

The videos of their travels are very entertaining. But I cannot find any Colombian, Malawi, Indian, Jamaican or Moroccan strain or even hybrids of them in their web. Only fancy feminized Dutch polyhybrids.

About Thai and other SE Asian strains I look for something like this:

Not only that, they also claim that Mango Biche is the same as limon verde which is a Mexican strain according to what I know; Of course I don't know everything.
About this not being your business; this is a forum in which everybody has the right to share his thoughts and share information.
I'm very happy you showed interest.

Siever

Dave Coulier

Veteran
These old seeds are notorious for not popping, I already wasted 7 seeds by not pre cracking them. According to Ed Borg the last person to succeed with these did just that.

Treating annual seeds with Red light can improve germination rates. Also soaking the seeds in an ammonium nitrate solution can work as well. Utilizing both methods to improve seed germ would be ideal than one or the other.