Veteran
Greenhornet Seed Co Thai82,beautifull plant Mullum and so rare beans from
company that dont exist any more,

you are a pretty lucky man..

Kind regards :tiphat:

DS

T

tropicannayeah

On germination......I've found that tropical landraces tend to germinate slower than most modern hybrids, I've also noticed that heat plays an important part of germination success with Thais and other tropicals, so make sure your seeds are soaked in water, placed on wet tissues in a sealed container or planted in a medium that is warm. Many hybrids will germinate at 20C but Thais attain higher germination rates when the temps are high 20's, so aim for 25+degrees C or mid-70's+ F.

deadkndys

Did my first BHO run with some Thai I harvested last month. All in all im pretty satisfied with the results.

Attachments

• DSC_0811.jpg
    DSC_0811.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 17

RC_Colas

Veteran
GN Thai vs Luang Prabang Laos

GN Thai vs Luang Prabang Laos

Hola bushweed,

Aside from the Laos being more vigorus and intersexual, what other growth, potency or effect characteristics did you notice between the two? I have grown the GN Thai (CBG thread) and have some Laos in storage that I mean to get to soon...so any beta you can provide would be greatly appreciated;)

Wonderful photos of the GN Thai...think I will go and enjoy some now on that note:)

Saludos

RC_Colas

Hi infinitesimal,
The buds in the first post are bagseed Thai from the Laos border region. The buds in the second post are GN Thai. The Luang Prabang Laos is even more vigorous than the Thai stick, but has some intersexual expressions.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here grown both GN Thai stick and their*Luang Prabang Lao? I was wondering if their was enough difference that it's worth trying both or if I should just pick one to focus on. It will be grown indoors if that makes a difference. Germ rates, flower times, variations, etc? I've been growing fem seeds for a few years because I didn't know what I was doing when I first started but now I'm interested in some strong sativas.

Also, how do you send a PM here?

Thanks

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
The sun is back!

Not a pure Thai sativa, but a contemporary Laotian. My favourite in terms of looks.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Not a pure Thai sativa, but a contemporary Laotian.

picture.php

Thule - This looks as much or more like the pure Thai Stick I last grew in the early '80s as anything I have seen posted on the Web. What a beauty!

:tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Siever

Veteran
Mr Roseberry,

Why don't you just visit the ace seeds and cannabiogen websites? Ace has Oldtimers Haze which is the closest you'll ever come across the true original Haze from the '60 & '70 ties,
+ a lot of true Haze hybrids and many other pure sativas and their hybrids. Cannabiogen has a strain called Destroyer which comes close to the original Haze + they also sell a couple of true landrace sativas which were/are the true ancestors of the original Haze.
Don' t confuse the term original Haze with the strain Original Haze offered by I think Amsterdam seedbank, which is a Haze and Indica hybrid.

Siever.

P.S. can anyone explain what those light & dark green squares on the left where the user names are? I mean the ones under the user name.

Siever

joe2

Hi everybody

Siever, excuse me because it is not my business. But I wouldn't buy anything to people who travel around the world giving to the farmers Dutch hybrid seeds with the purpose to destroy the original landrace genetics.:
Agreed. Bummer to because it seemed like a very educational program till they started making hand gestures like the locals didn't have a clue, and trading inferior seeds for landrace, and probably with ill intention like you said.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thai nuts,

I put my thai stick plants outside at 38 degrees north in late august early september... ish. 1 of 3 started flowering mid-late september and also had the biggest buds but it was also a full blown hermi. the other two didnt start flowering until sometime in early october.

at that rate I knew that without a greenhouse they had no chance in hell at maturing properly so I really didnt pay them much mind... and just let them do their thing and see how long they would survive.

well thanksgiving came and went so did christmas and with the temps in the 30's and snapping into the high 20's I was shocked they were still alive so finally on new years eve with 2.5 or so months of flowering (not including the stretch/transition phase) and only seemingly half way through the likely 6 month flowering cycle I harvested the buds and snapped this pic first...

picture.php

ahortator

Veteran
It seems you find the Thai Stick fast flowering pheno :biggrin:

I have one female outdoors at 36ºN since August 2013. And she has begun flowering very slowly only some branches meanwhile most branches still are between vegetative and flowering stages but they will turn into vegetative again.

Only a few tiny and heavily rootbound clones seem to flower properly. At least I will be able to sample the plant :woohoo:

Greetings.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn ahortator thats crazy, I was able to get a few pre mature thai stick bound up... it was far from top shelf but it all got smoked :D it was surprising smooth smoke for how early it was.

Samson4

Veteran
How are you guys doing? I'm assuming everyone is done curing and are too high to come post.

I have a couple girls going now that'll put post up soon. A thai/thai82 x mexican/durban and a really nice panama red. Been a long time since I've seen a proper panama in person.

Samson4

Veteran
Panama red, more pics in my etc album if your guys are interested. When I run the rest of my seeds; I will probably pollinate her with a nice thai.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
1 of 3 started flowering mid-late september and also had the biggest buds but it was also a full blown hermi.

All the Thai sticks back in the 1970's had seeds and male flowers, they were known to be capable of flowering for up to 20 months and grow to over 25 ft, so that was probably the closest to the real thing as you're likely to get

Back then all weed had seeds in and lots of twigs

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the Thai sticks back in the 1970's had seeds and male flowers, they were known to be capable of flowering for up to 20 months and grow to over 25 ft, so that was probably the closest to the real thing as you're likely to get

Back then all weed had seeds in and lots of twigs

right on, I just wish I had the chance to let it mature I'm sure it would have been some really good smoke.

I still have a half way decent amount of seeds to work with, so I'm confident I can find another good, even superior, expession... they all had the same smell with good gland production.

20 months would be insane... 1/3 through a 6 month flowering feels like it is pushing my patience indoors... I dont know if I could pull off something flowering for 20 months though I would love to see the finished product, :D

I have a couple expressions of my Tabitha cross growing indoors that seem like they could go 8-9 months easy... it is a crazy daunting task just contemplating having to wait that long especially on an unproven genotype where the finished product is unknown. Imagine growing a plant for 9 months to find out its crap... LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts