What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

Dave Coulier

Veteran
G`day TB

Days cooler than the nights could be the answer ?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295119&page=4

Night vs day temps
http://www.ggspro.com/new/pdfs/upda...retch Through the Morning Temperature Dip.pdf

Thermoperiodic Stem Elongation Involves Transcriptional Regulation of Gibberellin Deactivation in Peahttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1183420/

Thanks for sharin

EB

About 3-4 years ago I had two clones of Sam's HazeSkunk in flower. One indoors, and one outdoors. The outdoor temps were in low 40's most nights, and that plant took weeks longer to 'finish', but it never did truly finish. The flowering was delayed by the cold temperatures, and she also threw a ton of nanners from the cold. She absolutely hated it, where as the indoor one properly finished weeks earlier with only a few nanners.

If you want your ladies to finish fast, keep it warm night and day, and feed them appropiately. Starving plants in flower has always delayed flowering for me and of course lead to decreased yield. Of course too much nutrients will delay flowering and extend your harvest window. So feed wisely. :tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

My temps are about 60 degrees at night, and 80 to 85 degrees daytime. I'm feeding enough to keep them alive.
:biggrin:

Some buds look ripe, and smell ripe. They have taken on a dominant incense smell along with lime and catpiss, without the sweetness. The buds that don't look ripe are very limey with a touch of catpiss. I had to pick up one unripe looking bud that had fallen over and lean it against my humidistat. It smelled like key lime pie, very sweet and limey, from my fingers touching it.

I think I should take a ripe looking incense smelling fox-tail and test it this weekend. I was going to wait until all pistils had turned brown, but the way that one is smelling, I'm starting to think I should harvest one branch at a time, by aroma. We'll see how the test goes.

ThaiBliss

satva

Veteran
Destroyer ~ Meao Thai dominate pheno-types curing in the jar for 9 months are developing Frankincense aromas -Cedar/Lemon/Pine/Sweet Spice. Frankincense aroma more exciting than the early cure aroma of Hay/Straw/Sage.

PS> Destroyer high is sativa enough!

vapor

Veteran
I have some destroyer at 5 weeks flower. I will have to do some learning and see if i can get familiar with the pheno's that might be coming.....

satva

Veteran

Destroyer smoke report ~ 17 week phenotype smell in jar is similar to Frankincense Cedar/Pine/Lemon/Sweet Spice/Sage, the smell of the smoke is Sage / Herbal / Pine.

Clear, energetic, cerebral ~ connoisseur high. 9 month of curing. For months during the curing the smell was of Sage/Straw, now the smell - in the jar- is Frankincense ~ Sweet Spice/Cedar/Pine wood/Lemon. This pheno-type is my favorite smoke. That concludes the straight commentary. Now for the smoke report.

I'm floating at bit, as the energy is uplifting, spiraling, and light. Energy is flowing from the upper part of my brain, light energy flowing all around at the level of my eyes. My heart rate and energy increased from the upper chest. The effect is more energetic than euphoric. Euphoria is felt as floating and uplifting - a characteristic of Highland Thai. By contrast - euphoria from Highland Mexicans are more grounded and connected to the earth with good feeling. Thai phenotype is very clear - clearer than Highland Mexican phenotypes

The spiraling energy flow around eye level of the head is psychedelic, The upper part of your brain is active, so the effect is uplifting. The high is clear, in the head. The body effect is contracting and a bit tight. Other than that - first class connoisseur high.

Based on my recollection of the Thai high from the 1970's, I'm guessing this one is a Meao Thai phenotype of Destoyer. charlie garcia noted nine Meao Thai females were crossed with Mr. Clean. Mr Clean was a 1970's Mexican / Colombian hybrid. Destroyer should yield several Meao Thai pheno-types. I beleive charlie garcia noted that some Meao Thia pheno-types have wider leaves in early vegetation, than the Mexican/Colombian pheno-types. In any case, that's my experience - Meao Thai has wider leaves in early vegetation.

Meao Thai branch spacing should be asymmetrical in vegetation and Mr. Clean (Mexican/Colombian) branch spacing should be symmetrical.

Highland Thai x Highland Mexican is a good blend.

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Mr Clean, the male in Destroyer is pictured in this thread, he is a selection from Destroyer genetics. He looks Thai.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219224

Destroyer may be closer to a Pure Thai than I realize - the effect is a Thai high. The nine Meao Thai females assures depth and variety of pheno-types within Destroyer's mostly Thailand genetics. Charlie Garcia noted - in the original (early) breeding a Mexican / Colombian male pollinated nine Meao Thai females.

Last edited:

Huesos

Purple Thai...

Purple Thai...

For your viewing pleasure....

Attachments

• IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 20

satva

Veteran
Some sort of Hmong Thai maybe.

Tell me about Hmong Thai?

Destroyer genetics are from around Meao Thailand, in the northern mountainous region. Destroyer has medium to viney structure, great vigor, with a medium leaf thickness (for a tropical sativa, not the super thin leaves) and asymmetrical branching. It is not an extreme equatorial sativa and is relatively easy to grow indoors for Thailand genetics with a range of 13 - 17 weeks flowering. Destroyer has some extreme phenotypes that are viney producing wheat / wispy stalks, that do not produce clusters of calyxes or dense flowers.

The effect is clear, spacious, cool and cerebral. I'm interested in Thailand genetics that may have a warmer and feel good effect. All in all Destroyer is a connoisseur genetic developed and stabilized from many years of breeding, selecting and back crossing. Your chances of success are high with Destroyer compared to growing a tropical landrace or native Thailand genetics - indoors in a closet or cabinet. Destroyer genetics are not the sweet fruity Thai Stick from the mid-1970's.

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Survey of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) use by the Hmong (Miao) of the China/Vietnam border region

Robert C. Clarke1 and Wenfeng Gu2

link

satva

Veteran
Thanks Thule, an interesting culture and region! It makes sense that Destroyer did not originate from the equator or a tropical jungle terrain.

My girlfriend made a short visit to Chiang Mai, Thailand which has mountains in the +2595 meter (+8,000 feet) range. She loved the people and the culture. There are lots of Buddhist temples and Buddhist sculptures in this region. Sophisticated architecture and sculpture reminiscent of an ancient culture that was perhaps ~ more enlightened ~ than present day life in the USA.

PS> Does anyone know of other strains / genetics that originate from this mountainous region of Asia?

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Nice one Huesos, I bet she's a tasty nugget.
I been wantin to tell you, your(and Charlie's) Peyote Purple is a big hit in Humboldt. I finally got to taste her and that girl has some Bold Flavors, and so budular, like rocks, no way to break up a bud, gotta have an industrial grade grinder. Big ups bro^

deadkndys

Started flushing my Thai today. This week marks 16 weeks since flowering lol.

Gonna harvest in 10-14 days.

Attachments

• DSC_0689[1].jpg
    DSC_0689[1].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 17

deadkndys

;Well it snowed here on New years (super rare for this part of socal) so I decided to start harvesting her today. She has been flowering for 17-18 weeks now.
:biggrin:

Attachments

• P8120012
    P8120012
    91.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0704.jpg
    DSC_0704.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 12
M

Mullum

wicked thread,thanks to all contributors

got me salivating like pavlovs dog:biggrin:

deadkndys

Well I made some bubble hash out of some Thai trim I harvested a few days ago. The trim yielded a good amount considering the amount I used (half gallon mason jar worth,grounded well).

Attachments

• DSC_0724.jpg
    DSC_0724.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
M

Mullum

Well I made some bubble hash out of some Thai trim I harvested a few days ago. The trim yielded a good amount considering the amount I used (half gallon mason jar worth,grounded well).

whoa Deadkennedys, that looks deadly:biggrin:
wondering if there are different effects from each hash pile?

Latest posts

Latest posts