What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Procrastination Station

Wicked

Thats pretty and big for an indoor soil operation. Do you find it hard to keep everything clean. How do you deal with yur yummy buddy smell? Does the size of the pvc scrog screen change anything in regards to yeild.
Nice grow show, Ill be interested in watching you set up your hydro.
Have a sunshiny day, inside 'n out!

pico

Veteran
Wicked- It isn't too hard to keep clean. A shopvac deffinately helps. I use have a carbon scrubber and a vaportek 4000 for smell. Vaportek actually in the mail to me right now. The SCROG deffinately helps the yield. More even canopy means more buds are getting ample ammounts of light. Thanks for stopping by.

Gaiusmarius- I will be throwing up a coco thread very soon. Might as well do a start to finish in the new forum.

pico

Veteran
day 27

12245IMG_1369.JPG

white widdow

12245IMG_1360.JPG

12245IMG_1325.JPG

12245IMG_1313.JPG

Blue Skunk
12245IMG_1347.JPG

12245IMG_1341.JPG

12245IMG_1336.JPG

Last edited:

Dreamscape

pico said:
lol, that was a good laugh dreamscape. Thanks for stopping by. Ask all the questions you want.

haha - You said it NOT me ...

Ok i'll start with question one of 42 ... :joint:

Just kidding , I dont break balls that hard haha ...

Ok , I was wondering did you keep those plants in the 3.5 gal. buckets and will you keep them that way to the end if you did ?

Also - are those tables you're using in the pics the 4x4 tables ?? I was shopping around online and every table of that size is 100.00 USD or more so I think i'm just gonna get some ply wood and make some tables for draining purposes as I do not see myself going ebb&flow anytime in the future ...

I'm also assuming you water everyday ? If so do you use liquid karma every watering ? How much LK + FloraNova would you say you would have went through if you used it the entire grow seed to cut ?

thanks pico
~ Dream

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
I think those are 3 gallon pots but I will check later tonight. But yes, they are staying in that size. I don't like to transplant after things are in flowering. Larger pots would not hurt, but they seem to be doing just fine as is.

The tables are 4x4 by botanicare. So it is 4x4 internal dimensions and probably 4'4" or so in actual length/width. The cheaper trays are 4x4 external dimensions and are about half as thick of plastic. Some 4x8 sheets of plywood and heavy duty platic will make a fine table for runoff. I have used that setup before with great success. I like the 4x4 units because I move my setup around all the time to different places.

I don't water every day. Probably every 3rd day they get water. Just depends on how fast they dry out. I am moving more towards COCO/Hydroton mix and I will be watering once a day in there. I have been giving around 6ml/gallon of floranova and 3-5ml/gallon of liquid karma and hygrozyme. I was giving this and then giving tap water in between feedings. I think I want to bring the floranova down to like 3ml/gallon and try that every watering. The plants just go crazy the day after I give them floranova and if I can have that happening every day then we will really be in business.

So far I have gone through 1 quart of Floranova. I am about halfway through flowering so it will be about 2 quarts total of floranova bloom total for flowering. For veg probably a half a quart of floranova grow was used. So less than $50 worth of base nutes and then probably $50-100 for the LK and hygrozyme(just a guess). Compare that to Advanced 2+ program and you can buy another few lights.

Grownz

Absolutely amazing grow! :yoinks: AND it's not even over yet!!!
I hope to do something similar with DWC.
Thanks you for sharing all the information you have! Helps with people planning similar set ups.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Yeah we are only on day 28 so there is still plenty of time for me to screw things up :)

I am thinking about throwing some buckets somewhere in my room as well. Only thing I would need to get is a water chiller. Other than that I have most of the parts around the house.

Thanks for stopping by.

pico

Veteran
Air cooled hoods reduce my canopy temp and reduce the strain on my AC. My room still stays in the mid 80s because I use CO2 and plants use CO2 better at a little higher temperatures. Bucket systems will go down the tubes quick if they get too hot.

N

Neptune

haha... this is gona be GREAT!!! congrats pico, you have done it.... steady as she goes, and you will harvest BIG

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
you put on some great & informative threads pico! i'm diggin the ebb & flow tray on the buckets with planks/ sheet underneath. easy, quick to put up & more importantly quick to take down ;)

will be watching to see how these plants turn out for you 'pgn' (pot growin nerd) lol :D

be well!

Dreamscape

pico said:
I don't water every day. Probably every 3rd day they get water. Just depends on how fast they dry out. I am moving more towards COCO/Hydroton mix and I will be watering once a day in there. I have been giving around 6ml/gallon of floranova and 3-5ml/gallon of liquid karma and hygrozyme. I was giving this and then giving tap water in between feedings. I think I want to bring the floranova down to like 3ml/gallon and try that every watering. The plants just go crazy the day after I give them floranova and if I can have that happening every day then we will really be in business.

Thanks for the info pico,

And just so my rookie mind is clear on this ... Every 3rd day you water with nutes , and then the next 2 days you water with just straight water ??

And for those tables , I could probably just dress the inside of the table with some visqueen plastic and i'd be good right ?

G

pico said:
What do you think like 5 lbs per light? :)

I think those lights weigh more than 5 lbs each. :wave:

Seriously, nice setup and beautiful plants.

All the best, flip. :joint:

pico

Veteran
SHH- I guess I am a pot growing nerd. Maybe that is why I don't get laid.

Dreamscape- I don't really follow an exact schedule. But for sure I don't water every day. This soil mix has a decent ammount of COCO fiber in it, but it is still soil. I probably water every 3 days. It just depends on how fast they are sucking up water/nutrients. Also, I don't really stick to a schedule on giving them straight water or nutes. When the plants need to be watered I just look at them and decide if they can handle a little more nutes, or if I should give them just water. Once you get used to your strains and nutes and enviornment you will be able to tell if they want more or less.

Yes some thick plastic should do fine. I usually double up my tables just to make sure there are not any leaks. With not too much more work you could make soil beds. Look for a guy names BigPapa on the advanced nutrients forum. He has some sweet beds.

FlipMode- I am on the GH 5+ program man..... :)

Grownz

Beautiful! Looking good for 35 days! How long do you let these strains go? Do you top those ladies before you put them under the screen? I usually do, just wondering if you think it would make a difference. Keep up the obvious great work!