What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Procrastination Station

pico

Veteran
I have been eyeing these full flow watering heads for a while. Just decided to get one. With my hose it does a gallon in 10 seconds. This is the same as the hose without any attachment. My regular shower head took 30 seconds to do the same gallon. http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=10

The floranova sure is making these girls happy.

N

Neptune

Floranova is a really awesome product.

Can't beat a 1 part.... pour, mix, add, done.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Got some nice plants ready to launch some buddage. Looks like your personal needs will be met for a while. :)

pico

Veteran
Hey Bacchus. Nice of you to stop on by. Yes, my needs will hopefully be met with this crop. Last year around this time I went 6 months without smoke...Now I am working on getting a homebrew setup going. See if I can supply my beer needs as well. :)

pico

Veteran
Wow, this is almost too easy after switching to Flora Nova. Some of that along with Liquid Karma and Hygrozyme and the plants looks so much healthier than the 20 bottles of botanicare ever did.

pico

Veteran
2 weeks in or so.

Blue Skunk
12245IMG_0955.JPG

White Widdow
12245IMG_0942.JPG

N

Neptune

Interesting technique I might add.... pots of dirt on a E&F tray... crazy man!

Blue skunk looking like it will be a big yeilder... nice flower set at 2 weeks.

sweet

sweet

lookin good pico?
nozzle looks like it could dampen things up
im interested in these hydro ponic setups
anyone using rain water....wouldnt happen to know the PH?

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Neptune- I don't know if anyone has caught on yet, but I use ebb flow tables and 5 gallon buckets for anything and everything. With ebb flow tables I can use my hose and water the shit out of those pots. I get water everywhere and it just drains off the table in to 5 gallon buckets to be dumped outside. Catch pans for single pots just don't cut it. I also use 5 gallon buckets to hold the ebb flow tables up. Six 5 gallon buckets and a sheet of plywood, or a couple 2x8s hold up a 4x8 table. I have probably fourty 5 gallon buckets. I have 2 more ebb flow tables going in this room that will actually be used for ebb flow. Plants are vegging out right now.

Pancho- I used rainwater before. I had the gutter system in my house funnel all the water to a 1000 gallon holding tank. Flowered plants using only organic dry nutes in the soil and brewed up compost teas. Some of the healthiest plants I ever had. Never used a pH meter.

pico

Veteran
Day 20 photos

Day 20 photos

Last night I threw a table together in no time.

Buckets

Planks

Done

Ok, well maybe not all the way done

fittings and pump

lights

plants

pico

Veteran
Day 20 pictures

Day 20 pictures

Setting themselves up for massive colas. Day 20.

White Widdow

12245IMG_0990.JPG

12245IMG_0986.JPG

12245IMG_0979.JPG

Blue Skunk

12245IMG_0994.JPG

12245IMG_0991.JPG

12245IMG_0997.JPG

12245IMG_0998.JPG

G

Looking Great!!
As you say i think they are going to be fat!
Good luck with the grow!

Dreamscape

pico said:
Neptune- I don't know if anyone has caught on yet, but I use ebb flow tables and 5 gallon buckets for anything and everything. With ebb flow tables I can use my hose and water the shit out of those pots. I get water everywhere and it just drains off the table in to 5 gallon buckets to be dumped outside. Catch pans for single pots just don't cut it. I also use 5 gallon buckets to hold the ebb flow tables up. Six 5 gallon buckets and a sheet of plywood, or a couple 2x8s hold up a 4x8 table. I have probably fourty 5 gallon buckets.

LOL - I was reading through this thread like "Oooo he's using buckets on top of tables - thats a good idea , I wonder if the water just drains out to a tub underneath, hmmm :chin: " ...and sure enough !

Would you mind helping an eager rookie out with some details on this?

I was wondering where are the drains and how many are there on the ebb and flow tables (i've never seen one in person) are there like two or four drains in the middle of the table and you have the buckets for the gathering underneath them ??

Any recommendations on those tables you're using as well - I'd like to start a soil grow as well and your idea is the shit man ... Ease of use is the best and if you're sticking by a certain kind of e&f table i'm sure there's a reason ...

thanks man and best of luck on the rest of your grow, or should I say growS LOL - dude you strike me as the dude that has messed around with growing so much in so many different ways that its nothing to you - your grow setups are like someone who's had 4 playstation 3's hooked up and networked for over a year and someone who's never seen one comes in and is like "HOLY SHIT" :yoinks: and your response is "what ... oh that , thats nothin ..." while the other person is blowin loads in their pants for like 20 min. straight because they can't get over it hahaha ...

later man
~ Dream

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
lol, that was a good laugh dreamscape. Thanks for stopping by. Ask all the questions you want.

The ebb flow tables I use are by Botanicare. The don't come with any holes in them, but there are spots on each side to drill holes. I have my holes in the walkway with the tables slightly angled towards them.Drill your holes the same size that ebb flow fittings use and then you have the option of going that route at some point. I use more 5 gallon buckets to collect runoff, but you could easily throw some pvc together and pipe it outside. Some people just throw the trays directly on the ground with no holes. Sort of like a huge catch pan. I am not a big fan of that because I like my plants a foot or two off the ground and without standing water. I like the 3x6 and 4x4 tables best. The 4x8 tables are just too big I think. There are other ebb flow tables made that are cheaper but they are nowhere near the quality. They are more flimsy. I can be pretty hard on equipment and the botanicare tables deffinately stand up to my abuse.

I have grown a million different ways. I am just way to curious. It doesn't always work out perfectly though. I deffinately could be making a shitton of money if I wanted to. I end up investing most of my money back in to equipment. What can I say, I like growing weed and I like designing and maintaining systems. I am a pot growing nerd I guess.

Speaking of different growing methods. I just transplanted a bunch of blue skunk plants in to COCO. They will be vegging out to be put under these lights when everything finishes in about 4 or 5 weeks here. Most likely same size pot used on these soil plants (3 gallon I think). Hand watering, maybe top drip run to waste.