What's new

Power Cheese

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From page 11 #151 "I do think the Humic/Fulvic additive & liquid seaweed is having a real beneficial effect."

How much of each and when(every watering of just feeding,
; veg growth and/or flowering)would you use these in potting mix?
:thank you: in so many ways :tiphat:

This is what I bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088NC7FC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1I0HX534SI4W3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00064SYSU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3S3YF6WN9MSC5

Hi Drift,
That Humic powder looks fantastic & great value. I wouldn't know where to start working out % to feed with that, as I've only ever used the liquid pre-mixed stuff. However, as an idea of perspective: The AN Ancient Earth that I use is 8% and I put 2ml p/L in my res. So I would be really careful at first, until I find the correct mix. I'm sure there are members who will have used it on here & I know there is quite an active forum on Humic/Fulvic acids. I do know that if you use too much of it, you can get malformed leaves but I don't think there are any serious or 'terminal' issues from overdoing the Humic.
The liquid seaweed you're buying seems awful expensive to me. $18 for such a small bottle? Looks good quality though. I used 2ml p/L of the seaweed in my res all the way through the grow to the last three weeks. I would use it when you feed, and just plain water between feeds.
Stay safe mate & I hope you find more info on the Humic powder. :tiphat:

Drift13

Bingo!!! From the manufactures web site. For Humic Acid.
Seed activation: For vegetable seeds soak 72 hours at 0.25g /gal. For
other, soak for 24 hours at same ratio.
Soil and Container plants: 0.5-1g/gal of irrigation solution.
Hydroponic: 0.5g/gal of nutrient solution used in reservoir (use with
every change. Top-offs can be chared with 1/4-1/2 normal rate).
Foliar Rates: .25g/gal every 7-10 days.
Field Use: 2-4 pounds per acre every 3-6 weeks.
Pre-Plant Soil Conditioning/Bioremediation: 5-10 pounds per acre.
1/4 tsp= 1g 1/2tsp= 2g
*Please note approx 10% is insoluble and can be cast in compost or garden. Exceeding
application rates can cause irregular growth. Store dry and away from excessive heat.

It sure is amazing what you can find when you READ. Makes me wanna say duhhh, sometimes.

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Diary update: Day 50.
Phew, everybody's sweating bullets! Growroom up to 31 !! With the A/C on full blast. (9000 Btu - I will have to replace it with a bigger - 15,000 Btu A/C unit @ £499)
The girls are showing signs of heat stress, some of the leaves have yellow stripes but all-in-all I can't complain with progress. The buds are growing slowly but they're really dense & hard. I think the Humic & Seaweed go a long way to getting them through the heat.

Finally got the 'outside' of the new ducting completed!

There's a 90 elbow & a non-return valve under the acoustic ducting. I always leave the 'outer' layers longer, so you can pull them over the fittings - keeps things nice & quiet.
Just the inside to re-arrange now.
Stay safe people & happy growing :tiphat:

Drift13

31c/88f Damn it's getting hot up there. This is one of the reasons I don't do indoors during the summer, as my daytime temps are 90*f+ with a humidity about the same and I can't afford the AC much less to run it.
Wishing you a great harvest. :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn that looks good despite the high temps!

Cheers Milde,
I'm pleased with progress so far mate. I had to do some more work to combat the heat.

Air Con Assistance!

Much shorter ducting run and a 5" fan to assist the air movement. The unit is now running more efficiently, keeping the room at about 24, even though its the hottest day of the year outside! So not too bad.
Still fighting the red bitch - Heat!
Stay cool people & happy growing :tiphat:

weshjo

ICMag Donor
I would like to tell you ty to give us the opportunity to grow them for frer.
seems to be fun to play with...
keep up the good work
best vibes

gunnera

Hey Iffy,

I'm really enjoying your diary, thanks! I love your loft grow design, it's an inspiration... I've been contemplating doing something similar. I wondered if you insulated your loft roof first? Also did you insulate the room you built? How about noise levels, I see you now have a collection of fans, bubbling water, air con etc?

Cheers :)

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Latest diary update:
In spite of the 'killer' heat here in the UK currently, the girls seem to be coping and their buds are growing. I'm surprised at how dense and hard they are, hopefully a 'heavy' crop.

I'll keep y'all posted on progress!
Stay safe - cool & happy growing :tiphat:

Drift13

Looking really good, Iffy. Wondering how close are the lights to the plants in the first picture? Looks like your running outa room fast. Wishing you a great harvest!

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Power Cheese.

Power Cheese.

Looking really good, Iffy. Wondering how close are the lights to the plants in the first picture? Looks like your running outa room fast. Wishing you a great harvest!
Hi Drift,

Thanks for the kind words & yeah the lights are maxed out - up to the stops! I don't expect much more vertical growth though. Well past the stretch now and just putting on weight :woohoo:
Stay safe brother & happy growing :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Latest update to the diary:

The girls are steadily gaining bud weight in spite of the heatwave!
Just about controlling room temp with the A/c on full blast from 08.30 to about midnight!
I know the heat will have held them back. At times of highest temps, 27+ growth will have virtually stopped. So they're probably gonna need a week more than I had hoped but the major up-side is that they are so healthy!! Still green & vibrant so it's all good at the mo.
Stay safe people & happy growing :tiphat:

PS - Hit a thousand rep points today!! Thanks to all for the support & kind words.

W

willyweed

i know what you mean about the temps mate,checked mine at 10 this morning and they were at 37,forgot to put one of the fans back on ! also picked up a portable ac today.think i may build a new bigger room to put it in ! your girls look great considering the heat wave.we should be laughing about it in a couple of years lol.
well done with the thousand reps mate ,you have earned every single one of them!
keep up the good work .willyweed

Killer job as usual! Sucks growing in the heat, but its definitely do-able and obviously worth it. My A/C bill was huge last month!!
How far along are they??

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Power Cheese.

Power Cheese.

Killer job as usual! Sucks growing in the heat, but its definitely do-able and obviously worth it. My A/C bill was huge last month!!
How far along are they??

Hi BL,
They're 61 days into flower. I reckon 10 - 14 days, we shall see!
Stay safe & happy growing :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts