What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pose2B clone grow by Onavelzy

Aspenou812

Veteran
Well, I have these reasonably well dried and trimmed. The 2.0 buds seemed too dry when I cut but I still have some jars with humidities above 80, so they have a ways to go. that will affect the final weight but the weight today, 6 days after chop, is 473 g (2.0 was 249g, TW 149, FS 78.) Ther's a smaller jar of orphaned buds from branches that we couldn't ID or bud that fell on the floor or whatever. That weighs 26 g. So almost 500g.

In fairness, I included everything we harvested so there's some larf in there. I don't know what is legit to be counted so I just weighed everything since we aren't distributing this to anyone other than an odd oz here and there to the kids friends.

I went back to see what I got on my first run and it was almost the same, 488 g. Neither run met what they should have done, given the identification of the strains.

I've still got a ways to go. In gearing up for my next run, I'm focusing on trying to correct deficiencies in environmental stability. Am also considering using a drain from the tray into a condensate pump to a waste bucket to mostly automate the waste run off after auto watering. Hoping that will help decrease some of the humidity.

Ona... with your setup crowding is an issue in the overall quality... I'll bet if you were to run a momo with 4 or 6 plants vegged into your space and trained properly you would kill it... Try a long veg mono crop.... you have the skills and equipment not to mention the genetics... you can most definitely find the quality you are looking for... The drain set up is exactly how i run my veg tent see....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I have these reasonably well dried and trimmed. The 2.0 buds seemed too dry when I cut but I still have some jars with humidities above 80, so they have a ways to go. that will affect the final weight but the weight today, 6 days after chop, is 473 g (2.0 was 249g, TW 149, FS 78.) Ther's a smaller jar of orphaned buds from branches that we couldn't ID or bud that fell on the floor or whatever. That weighs 26 g. So almost 500g.

In fairness, I included everything we harvested so there's some larf in there. I don't know what is legit to be counted so I just weighed everything since we aren't distributing this to anyone other than an odd oz here and there to the kids friends.

I went back to see what I got on my first run and it was almost the same, 488 g. Neither run met what they should have done, given the identification of the strains.

I've still got a ways to go. In gearing up for my next run, I'm focusing on trying to correct deficiencies in environmental stability. Am also considering using a drain from the tray into a condensate pump to a waste bucket to mostly automate the waste run off after auto watering. Hoping that will help decrease some of the humidity.

nobodys a master grower the first few times they try ! some might get lucky & have a fantastic first grow or 2 , but that doesn't happen often .
so go from here with knowledge of what went wrong & how to fix it for the next time . thats how we all learn .... from our mistakes .
main thing i can say to you is environment in the tent is KEY !!! make sure thats as perfect as you can get it & the rest will fall into place . the genetics are great , the medium & your feeds seem to be on par , get that environment in better condition .

onavelzy

Veteran
Planet Aspen to Ona you out there man.....

I'm around but not doing a whole lot these days but vegging. Nothing in flower and probably won't be for another 3-4 weeks or more depending on how these grow. I'm back to over thinking things as I try to trouble shoot my first three grows

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm around but not doing a whole lot these days but vegging. Nothing in flower and probably won't be for another 3-4 weeks or more depending on how these grow. I'm back to over thinking things as I try to trouble shoot my first three grows

Just run 6 plants next time and train them to the Scrog... KISS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID... trust me and you need more light.... cant throw much per plant with just a 630w.... look into some small led's as supplemental light for that tent and blow it up

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ona i had my hands in the green for two years before my first big GG4 run it takes time man go easy on yourself your doing GREAT....

onavelzy

Veteran
Just run 6 plants next time and train them to the Scrog... KISS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID... trust me and you need more light.... cant throw much per plant with just a 630w.... look into some small led's as supplemental light for that tent and blow it up

picture.php

there was around 420 of led bulbs to help on the edges, although I probably should have lowered them closer to the canopy.
The central plants were getting close to 40W/sqft from the cmh bulb (4x4 =16sqft. 630W/16sqft = 39.3 W/sqft. They didn't do any better than the plants on the edges. More light would be good but more light equals more heat. I think temp and humidity control was a greater factor than inadequate light. That and a few other possible negative influences,, like nute concentrations in the medium and exposure to anti-microbials.

a work in progress.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

there was around 420 of led bulbs to help on the edges, although I probably should have lowered them closer to the canopy.
The central plants were getting close to 40W/sqft from the cmh bulb (4x4 =16sqft. 630W/16sqft = 39.3 W/sqft. They didn't do any better than the plants on the edges. More light would be good but more light equals more heat. I think temp and humidity control was a greater factor than inadequate light. That and a few other possible negative influences,, like nute concentrations in the medium and exposure to anti-microbials.

a work in progress.

& .... like i said .... now you work on fixing those variables :tiphat:
the environment being the most important ! the build up in the pots is an easy fix as well as the anti microbials .....

good luck Ona ... you'll get this !!! :tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
did you know you can take a screw driver and pop the covers off those led's... they would be much brighter....

onavelzy

Veteran
did you know you can take a screw driver and pop the covers off those led's... they would be much brighter....

I know it can be done. I also know I am so mechanically challenged that I have been unable to accomplish the feat so far. Tried using the thinnest flathead that I have and no success. The amount of force I'm using to try to get in the slot is unnerving. I don't know if these things are plastic or glass but either way, a shatter with that kind of pushing effort could result in a good laceration. Can't have that. I'm going to intentionally break a bulb to see what I need to do.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I had the same issue. A tip someone related in another thread: Drill two holes on opposite sides of the bulb and put a screwdriver all the way through. Then rip that sucker off. I used the flat head method and it took forever (and like you said, an unnerving amount of force.) You're not alone haha. Other people use a dremmel saw bit.

onavelzy

Veteran
I had the same issue. A tip someone related in another thread: Drill two holes on opposite sides of the bulb and put a screwdriver all the way through. Then rip that sucker off. I used the flat head method and it took forever (and like you said, an unnerving amount of force.) You're not alone haha. Other people use a dremmel saw bit.

Thanks for those ideas bsg. I didn't follow through yet on finding a better way to de-cap those bulbs. I've been a little inactive recently as I'm weeks from putting anything into flower. Other than taking clones to update my existing moms, I haven't done much recently in the grow area.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Thanks for those ideas bsg. I didn't follow through yet on finding a better way to de-cap those bulbs. I've been a little inactive recently as I'm weeks from putting anything into flower. Other than taking clones to update my existing moms, I haven't done much recently in the grow area.

lol I know how that is... ona you can have all of my down time... I'm done with that... I hope to never have to turn the lights off in my flower room... it just sucks not having flowers.... Be Good Ona...

onavelzy

Veteran
how's it going Ona... hope you are doing good... hope your plants are flourishing...

Growing slowly. I opted to not try and rush out a flowering cycle and am just vegging up the four seedlings I'm running for HH. They're just now getting their grow on. I'll probably up pot to 5 gal. airpots in a week or two, veg another couple or three weeks and then flip.

grow thread is linked below

Aspenou812

Veteran
Growing slowly. I opted to not try and rush out a flowering cycle and am just vegging up the four seedlings I'm running for HH. They're just now getting their grow on. I'll probably up pot to 5 gal. airpots in a week or two, veg another couple or three weeks and then flip.

grow thread is linked below

those are massive pots... I'm have them for this next round I'm kicking off... about to blow up the non spiraling root theory...

onavelzy

Veteran
Tough Beat

Tough Beat

I ordered some very premium seeds. I asked for an expedited delivery. It arrived a day late but the seed company had e-mailed that they tried to get it out in time but were a couple of minutes shy of the deadline, so they included a freebie pack.

I opened the pack today. All three packs had been opened and emptied, presumably by US customs. I guess they resealed the pack and sent it on to me as a way of sending a FU message.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've messaged the vendor.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Dude.... That fucking sucks. You should take your address off the first picture.

Sorry that happened to you.