What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pose2B clone grow by Onavelzy

onavelzy

Veteran
the downhill slide is the best part imo :biggrin: our temp break comes to a halt tomorrow, it was fun while it lasted.

I dunno. To me, it's stressful. all that time invested and a sudden bud rot outbreak or poor dry or cure after harvest can ruin weeks/months of effort and hopes. My normal mindset is as a worst case scenario thinker, so I don't envision horns' o' plenty full of buds.

Cornucopia-of-Weed-1080x986.jpg

I think of all the things that could go wrong.

cannabis-fire-1-1280x800.jpg

onavelzy

Veteran
Current state of the grow, pictorial

Current state of the grow, pictorial

Veg area residents (most of the ones in cups and trays are temporary and will be gone in a few days)

Sour Diesel (the 6 plants in the back). Very loud. My eyes get red and my nose tingles a bit just sitting in there.
picture.php

GG4 (the mid left column of plants and the one in front to their right. gifted by Grizz, 12/9/17
picture.php

Cookies and Cream (the two in front)
picture.php

LVPK (in the front)
picture.php

Cornbread Bubba from CSI, selected by Growtech, gifted by Grizz on 12/9/17
picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
State of the Veg, page 2

State of the Veg, page 2

Test seeds for Hammerhead Genetics HK x TK cross:
picture.php

WWF
picture.php

Mostly trying to get my first group of moms selected from these and get them established.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
and boom goes the dynamite! nice rainbow of flavors you got creeping up. I just think happy thoughts so I don't trigger anything lol. looking damn good over there though :tiphat:

onavelzy

Veteran
and boom goes the dynamite! nice rainbow of flavors you got creeping up. I just think happy thoughts so I don't trigger anything lol. looking damn good over there though :tiphat:

As you can see, the GG's are just now getting the wind in their sails. I thought they'd be blowing up already but I think the heavy treatment I gave them when I saw that algae on the cubes slowed them in their tracks for a while. I'll keep you up to speed. And think warm thoughts! :biggrin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Remember Ona they do t like soggy roots... When your root system fully develops you'll have monsters plants..

onavelzy

Veteran
Remember Ona they do t like soggy roots... When your root system fully develops you'll have monsters plants..

I'll try to do a better job this time. I'm still not sure the dispensary purchased clones in the first run were truly what they were labelled. The ADubb grew like Adubb is described and it was easily the best high imo so those clone may well have been true. I've never had a verifiable ADubb so I can't know. The two GG4 clones grew very differently from each other as well as differently from how they are usually described. I'll never know. I feel they also may have been true but the conditions they were grown in probably prevented the correct expression.

onavelzy

Veteran
Greetings,
I'm curious how you determined the Cornbread Bubba was the same pheno I gave APE...Red hasn't confirmed to me which pheno he passed

Good point. I was using the pheno name that Grizz gave me but since it hasn't been confirmed from Redspaghetti, that's inappropriate on my part. I edited it out of my post. If you would edit your quote that has the wording, that should eliminate the reference. I apologize for being that loose with the name.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
I hope it's the same pheno. RedS said he kept the original marker but has yet to confirm what color the marker was. Hope to see you Sat!

onavelzy

Veteran
D 53, d 6 of flush, photo up-date, state of the grow

D 53, d 6 of flush, photo up-date, state of the grow

I was going to start my flush at d 49-50 but my reservoir got really low last weekend, so I decided not to mix up a bunch of nutes and began flushing after changing and cleaning the rez on Saturday.

There has always been a bit of variation in the leaf color of some of these plants. One of the Firestorms has always been a lighter green with the other two have always been a darker green that almost all of the rest of the plants. One of the 2.0's has also been a lighter color.

here they are with a few days of RO water:

Tent view:

picture.php

Trainwreck, showing beginnings of foxtailing?

picture.php

Buds from the other two TW's

picture.php

Firestorm plant, the tall, light green one, still with a lot of white hairs

picture.php

FS, white hairs

picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
page two, photo up date

page two, photo up date

A darker leaved FS, some foxtailing too

picture.php

picture.php

2.0 buds, back left of the tent

picture.php

2.0, front plant

picture.php

What is clear to me is that my culture skills are not letting the plants achieve their potential. I have nowhere near the degree of trich formation that is typical in pics here.

The 2.0's and FS buds are both globular and pretty dense, in my limited exposure to bud variations. The TW are ok dense but show the least trichromes of the group. I think the 2.0's have been the "frostiest" of the three strains from the word go up to now.

In terms of size of heads, stacking etc, again, not up to the community standard. The tops look great to me but after the first 3-5 inch head, they space out and taper off very quickly.

Ultimately, the proof will be in the smoking of the buds, so I'll not kvetch too much yet. I still have to get through another two weeks of flushing unscathed and then significantly improve on my prior drying and curing performances.

In the veg area, I had my first significant propagation comeuppances. I was only able to germinate four of ten seeds from a test batch of seeds donated to me by Hammerhead for a stress test (see thread link in my sig below if interested in any details).

I was also shamed by a bad clone propagation run. I had to trim down some really lanky plants gifted to me a month ago. I decided to try to root them to see how well or not they did. I got that green algae looking stuff on top of the cubes after about d 8. I let them go another day then trashed them all. I had roots on about half of them. I had another small group of clones last December develop that algae growth, if that's what it is. I have been pretty diligent about cleaning and using sterilizing agents on my equipment, like cups, trays, domes, etc, so I was a little bothered to see the green. I have had two groups of clones between those two that did not show any green, so I don't know.

For now, it's the first time in quite a long time I haven't had a tray or more of clones percolating along. Good to be well back under the safety line in terms of numbers though.

I'm going to the SDFC's get together tomorrow. I have to work that evening, someone called in sick, so I won't be able to have a brew or share any of the bounty. I'm going to bring my daughter as well. She's getting interested in the craft of growing and has been helping me along this grow.

C

cooterbrown420

A darker leaved FS, some foxtailing too

View Image

View Image

2.0 buds, back left of the tent

View Image

2.0, front plant

View Image

What is clear to me is that my culture skills are not letting the plants achieve their potential. I have nowhere near the degree of trich formation that is typical in pics here.

The 2.0's and FS buds are both globular and pretty dense, in my limited exposure to bud variations. The TW are ok dense but show the least trichromes of the group. I think the 2.0's have been the "frostiest" of the three strains from the word go up to now.

In terms of size of heads, stacking etc, again, not up to the community standard. The tops look great to me but after the first 3-5 inch head, they space out and taper off very quickly.

Ultimately, the proof will be in the smoking of the buds, so I'll not kvetch too much yet. I still have to get through another two weeks of flushing unscathed and then significantly improve on my prior drying and curing performances.

In the veg area, I had my first significant propagation comeuppances. I was only able to germinate four of ten seeds from a test batch of seeds donated to me by Hammerhead for a stress test (see thread link in my sig below if interested in any details).

I was also shamed by a bad clone propagation run. I had to trim down some really lanky plants gifted to me a month ago. I decided to try to root them to see how well or not they did. I got that green algae looking stuff on top of the cubes after about d 8. I let them go another day then trashed them all. I had roots on about half of them. I had another small group of clones last December develop that algae growth, if that's what it is. I have been pretty diligent about cleaning and using sterilizing agents on my equipment, like cups, trays, domes, etc, so I was a little bothered to see the green. I have had two groups of clones between those two that did not show any green, so I don't know.

For now, it's the first time in quite a long time I haven't had a tray or more of clones percolating along. Good to be well back under the safety line in terms of numbers though.

I'm going to the SDFC's get together tomorrow. I have to work that evening, someone called in sick, so I won't be able to have a brew or share any of the bounty. I'm going to bring my daughter as well. She's getting interested in the craft of growing and has been helping me along this grow.

Don't sweat the green algae on rock wool cubes. Algae comes from light and moisture and doesn't harm plants.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
im sure youll get em all dialed in ona :yes: just the fact that your taking your run and compare/contrasting it to others shows theres a lot of thought behind your method.

onavelzy

Veteran
Don't sweat the green algae on rock wool cubes. Algae comes from light and moisture and doesn't harm plants.
Thanks for that Cooter. I just figured if I didn't plant it, it was the enemy, lol.

Those clones were just a practice run to see how readily those strains propagated so I didn't feel that bad about tossing them. I was going to toss them regardless once they had rooted.

Now that I have a few moms, I can't keep every thing I throw into coco any more. Gotta keep the numbers safe and preserve room to grow the moms and next run.

im sure youll get em all dialed in ona :yes: just the fact that your taking your run and compare/contrasting it to others shows theres a lot of thought behind your method.
Thanks for the encouragement ABITA. I think I've used this quote about the game of golf before somewhere in this thread: If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I saw your bud rot picture and came to your thread to take a look.
it's not unusual for me to find a touch of bud rot on the tip of one bud somewhere when they are finished 70-73 days.

ive not found it hiding in the middle before though. they are rocks after 10 weeks tho...

the 2.0 doesn't look really happy in your setup but i'd just expect smaller nugs not that mold.

it's a beast outside so I dunno what's up there, you scope for pests?

I'd tear up a couple other buds to check for more of it.
I think your other plants are safe from it spreading but they could also be infected by something too.

this would be what im talking about not starting in the middle.
picture.php

doesn't spread around on me just the tip of a very hard top.

if it's auto watered there could be something off on that plant, hows the runoff?

onavelzy

Veteran
I saw your bud rot picture and came to your thread to take a look.
it's not unusual for me to find a touch of bud rot on the tip of one bud somewhere when they are finished 70-73 days.

ive not found it hiding in the middle before though. they are rocks after 10 weeks tho...

the 2.0 doesn't look really happy in your setup but i'd just expect smaller nugs not that mold.

it's a beast outside so I dunno what's up there, you scope for pests?

I'd tear up a couple other buds to check for more of it.
I think your other plants are safe from it spreading but they could also be infected by something too.

this would be what im talking about not starting in the middle.
View Image

doesn't spread around on me just the tip of a very hard top.

if it's auto watered there could be something off on that plant, hows the runoff?

Thanks for stopping by Chunky. I would agree they do not look at all like they are supposed to. They started out well but then stalled in stretch. Not sure if that was from a previous over exposure to some systemic anti-microbials early in veg or just poor environmental control on my part.

The buds have been very dense but nothing very large. THey started out with the most trichomes by far but as things got farther, they have seemed less sticky than they were before.

I've been squeezing them and looking as closely as I can. Some are hard to get close to as they are in the back of the tent. None of what I have checked seemed soft or discolored.

I'm not doing your strain justice. My apologies, lol. I'm still in the steep part of the learning curve.

onavelzy

Veteran
State of the tent, D 58

State of the tent, D 58

Time lapse sequence of about an hour and a half:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I found a OGKB 2.0 bud yesterday that had some bud rot within the bud. I asked around for suggestions but I ultimately decided there wasn't enough to gain waitng and chopped tonight.

We have been pulling the buds back to look internally as best we can. So far, no other BR found. Just gotta keep that going through the dry and cure.

I was originally going to wet trim just the fan leaves and save the rest to do as a dry trim but I wanted to get rid of as much wet materials as I can to reduce risk in the drying so we have been doing a complete wet trim, or pretty close to it

onavelzy

Veteran
Results for TW, FS and 2.0 run

Results for TW, FS and 2.0 run

Well, I have these reasonably well dried and trimmed. The 2.0 buds seemed too dry when I cut but I still have some jars with humidities above 80, so they have a ways to go. that will affect the final weight but the weight today, 6 days after chop, is 473 g (2.0 was 249g, TW 149, FS 78.) Ther's a smaller jar of orphaned buds from branches that we couldn't ID or bud that fell on the floor or whatever. That weighs 26 g. So almost 500g.

In fairness, I included everything we harvested so there's some larf in there. I don't know what is legit to be counted so I just weighed everything since we aren't distributing this to anyone other than an odd oz here and there to the kids friends.

I went back to see what I got on my first run and it was almost the same, 488 g. Neither run met what they should have done, given the identification of the strains.

I've still got a ways to go. In gearing up for my next run, I'm focusing on trying to correct deficiencies in environmental stability. Am also considering using a drain from the tray into a condensate pump to a waste bucket to mostly automate the waste run off after auto watering. Hoping that will help decrease some of the humidity.

Latest posts

Latest posts