What's new

POLL: Which Cheese?

POLL: Which Cheese?

• Total voters

cannaboy

Hi all I have noticed and was told and also read in books that you can treat a plant in a certain way then snip some sibblings alongside and from what ever part of the plant the cuts come from ie base, mid, and top branches all grow different and thus over manny manny a generation the changes are visibal and so are its tolerances and structure. Best to pick your most worthy branches to become the next generation I hear to keep a clone around for ages requires a hardening off period every year to gahner the full spectrum like you would new seedlings mainly to ensure the gene code isn't wrongly enherited to its the propergated clones makes me think tis proberly best to clone off a mother that's outside in summer to renew for the year after anyhow this is another thread that needs a new title we should ask JamieShoes to edit the vote bit on his post so we can vote for best thread title..

cannaboy

picture.php

The blues I chopped yesterday is PUKKA!!
And tha cheese
picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh cannaB,,,this is my subject, i love chattin about this,,,,,

what your talking about is "epistatic reaction",,,,,,[when genes get turned on and off in specific areas and enviroments],,,,,,,

you gota remember bro,,,your plants are subject to wavelenth,,,,wavelenght is what makes light,,,light is quantam,,,its gona mess with ya mind!!!,,,,,,

get ready to never stop moving!!!

light is only visible because of a prizm like effect that happes with the atmosphere,,,the sky is ble because on clear cloudless "day-time" sky,the sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light..... when we look towards the sun at sunset,,,, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight....

white light from the sun is a mixture of all colours of the rainbow.,,, Isaac Newton used a prism to separate the different colours and so form "a spectrum".......
prizm.gif

the colours of light are distinguished by their different wavelengths.........the visible part of the spectrum ranges from red light with a wavelength of about 720 nm, to violet with a wavelength of about 380 nm, with orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo inbetween........ the three different types of colour receptors in the retina of the human eye respond most strongly to red, green and blue wavelengths,,,,,, giving us Visible Colour

just to mess with the way we see things,,,,,PLANTS AINT GREEN,,,,THEY REFLECT A WAVE THAT CREATES THE GREEN SENSATION,,,,,GREEN IS ONLY PRECIEVED

EM_Spectrum3-new.jpg

em_spectrum.jpg

Last edited:

skunktoker

Since someone like myself cant get the exodus cheese cut ....which would be the best
version of cheese I could get in feminised form only curious of the many strains I have grown the cheese unfortunately is one I havent any opinions appreciated keep it dank

ST

H

heavy dank nugg

everyone says that bb blue cheese is the best representation but i have no personal experience with the cheese yet.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry Gene-weaver,, was your original post a quote from another post but you forgot to include the quotation tabs? if that makes sense? either way peace out :canabis:

indifferent

Veteran
Originally Posted by Gene-weaver View Post
havent read everyones reply so forgive me if its been said but the real exodus cheese will only ever produce 5 fingered fan leaves...
...jst looked thru everyones post n pics, all afghan cheese, uk never foxtails or swells like those pics which is why we crossed her with afghan, uk is renowned for her small yeild... all best mrc

Exodus Cheese produces more than 5 leaflets. UK Cheese foxtails a lot, more so that the other cheeses, one of the ways to identify it visually. Renowned for small yield? So why do so many people run it commercially then?

Sorry but you sound like you haven't a clue.

have u tried the cheese by tc ?
do u consider it to be the exodus cheese ?

just curious

cheese a big yielder ?

quote by docleaf in the above thread
"Dalaihempy : Cheese is just a nice specimen of Skunk #1 dude... yields small"

TC's is the Exodus one, been verified many times.

Average yield, is a proper phosphorous hog, needs lots of it then can yield okay.

Yup, nothing but skunk, just average skunky dope that happens to stink a lot.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh,,,,,,,,,i think ive had the Cheese with more than 5 fingers when its BOOMBOOB on an NFT with propper veg nutes,,,,,budlink makes it grow 100% sideways............it gets red stem first in comparison to most other plants,,,,as Indiferent says,,^^^cheese is a big Pk hog

i think people use it for production because it handles stress SO well:),,,,,its tollerence to heat is goood,,,,cloning is easy easy 100% sucsess with clones is common for me,,,,,

its cool with low nutes [exept pk, "look for red steam"] ,,,,

it smells an tastes gooooood, even when its been grown buy a newbi!

H

Hazyfontazy

Dr. Greenthumbs Original Cheese(suicide cut) is an amazing smoke.

but not original cheese ,,just like the og saga it seems the uk is now awash with wannabe cheeses ,,,

such a depressing high after toking for a while ,,,your right elevator man ,any more cheese talk and it makes ya wanna die ,,,wait till all the cheese freaks get their hands on og or sd or chemdog ,gonna be funny

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
but not original cheese ,,just like the og saga it seems the uk is now awash with wannabe cheeses ,,,

such a depressing high after toking for a while ,,,your right elevator man ,any more cheese talk and it makes ya wanna die ,,,wait till all the cheese freaks get their hands on og or sd or chemdog ,gonna be funny

I did, and I crossed it with...... Cheese ! Just drying some Bubba99Cheese now, it seems stinkier than the EX clone that grew beside her.....also waiting for Chemdog, Bubba Kush and the selected SD 2.5 cut to arrive, so I can defile them with some Cheesiness as well.

Bugger, sorry guys......

EM, Dont do it mate, I promise this will be the last Cheese post ever on IC, by myself at least.... :smokeit:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Speaking of OGK, my last grow of that completely poleaxed a couple of my mates recently - really funny watching them trying to speak coherently, and failing. The side-lighting I recently installed seems to be increasing the potency of all my plants, but that's one strain that doesn't really need any increase.

I was always sceptical of the claims of outrageous potency, but I have to admit, on this one at least (and the Kentish Creme, I might add!), it's all true, and I'm most grateful...;)

indifferent

Veteran

Speaking of OGK, my last grow of that completely poleaxed a couple of my mates recently - really funny watching them trying to speak coherently, and failing. The side-lighting I recently installed seems to be increasing the potency of all my plants, but that's one strain that doesn't really need any increase.

I was always sceptical of the claims of outrageous potency, but I have to admit, on this one at least (and the Kentish Creme, I might add!), it's all true, and I'm most grateful...;)

Went to visit some friends last night, they are tokers, but don't get to toke top quality all the time so their tolerance isn't upto the standards of the likes of you, me and hazy, who grow our own.

Rolled a joint of OG x PA, they were annihilated by it. Too high to be able to change channels on the TV, just monged.

Same people were destroyed to a similar level by the Kentish Creme a couple of years ago.

OG is damn potent, but there are others as potent and a few more potent. Trainwreck, Kentish Creme, ECSD are all as potent. Herijuana is more potent, but that one is only for times when you absolutely, positively don't need to do anything except dribble and stare at the wall. Years ago I had an AK47 x Hawaiian that a crazy old hippy bred in his back bedroom and that was more potent too and tasted like curry spices, it had no resistance to drought however and I went away for 3 days and the mother died as has the old hippie now, so it's gone sadly.

Cheese by comparison is what it is, a good, solid skunk that has all the qualities skunk is renowned for - easy to grow, hard to kill, easy to clone, always produces decent buds even if grown terribly badly, always yields okay.

Now, what makes the UK scene look so bad to people from other countries is that we seem to hold the Cheese up as the peak of cannabis quality when quite simply it isn't. It's 6.5 out of 10, good, solid, always reliable and dependable, will always pay your bills if you grow it commercially and always please your friends that don't grow and think stink is a sign of quality, but to call it great weed and the best there is is absurd.

I have a good idea for the new year - let's all declare Cheese so last decade and grow something else, leave the Cheese to the commercial sell it wet for 200 an o wholesale crowd.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
older smokers dont see the kids point of views :),,,,ITS NOT ALL GENERIC SK1 TO US:),,,,,

true, some qualitys of the cheeseClone are out-of-date in todays growing climate!!!!!!!,,,,,,,but we cant throw the cheese away:),,,,,,the stink is loved universaly!!!,,,,,its been labeled as a prized outliner indervidual for good reason imo,,:)

bluese is an improvement on the allready impressive flavour and smell the cheese has:)

ps,,,il allways hold a torch for good old skunk:)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

Was this the OGK you spoke about a while ago ?

[reply to danny karey] - My OG Kush plant was originally given to me by British Hempire, and it wasn't because he thought it was shit

I remember, and miss BH, he had some very good shit, that I am guessing means it is one of the elite cut versions of OGK ?

And what about indifferent saying Herijuana is even stronger still ? Any other opinions ? High praise indeed though, for a cheap strain available in seed, given all the dramas over certain elite cuts and their value.

Latest posts

Latest posts