What's new

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

Boleman

lol those buds are crazy

I have a few of these laying around and I'm going to use them and see how they do. They have an adhesive backing and are pure copper.. they work really well for computer cooling, so they should do the same for bulbs.
a_swiftech_all_cooper_ram_sinks_mc14.jpg
a_mc14_step_2.gif

Swiftech MC14 BGA Heatsinks

there's aluminum ones and cheaper ones too.. zalman, thermaltake, swiftech- BGA and VGA heatsinks, or "memory heatsinks".

WOW WOW WOW... You never fail to amaze me scrub!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thanks man if you mean the buds originally quoted :D

They turned out a little airy and uncompact, but the heat was the main player in that I reckon. I'm running 110w this round, but might throw an extra bulb in tonight. I'm a very happy customer of pl-l.

big twinn

Veteran
i need help regarding PL-Ls...i tried to see if i could PM some of you pros, but this forum i dont think allows for that (or i have not figured out how)

please see my thread...i need help bad...post #5 has my question.
thanks!

Boleman

i need help regarding PL-Ls...i tried to see if i could PM some of you pros, but this forum i dont think allows for that (or i have not figured out how)

please see my thread...i need help bad...post #5 has my question.
thanks!

You just have to create some rep points for yourself first bro.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Woooooooooooowwww! Pedro you are the freakin' MAN! :D Love your work, bro. Twinn, I think you need 50 posts to send PMs. I'll take a look when I get there if I can help.

superpedro

Veteran
:redface::redface::redface: Thanks

Can't wait to get the next grow up and running.
I'm going to do the next grow using only "triton" bulbs. An aquarium bulb with low CRI and lumen output, but great PAR spectrum with loads of blue and even more red.
To me it looked like the biggest buds was grown directly under the 2 trintons I used in combination with 827/830's for this flowering.

Searching for the optimal bud density for my setup. Think the multi angle light will benefit SOG a lot.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to superpedro again.
Now that is a beautiful sight to behold pedro bro well fucking done.
Awesome buds, inspiring stuff.
Happy Gardening All.
Peace.

Helis

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but here is a US dealer for 55w 2700k PL-L bulbs. I know someone had been looking.
Now I just need to find these wonderful bio spectrum Triton bulbs stateside as well :)
EDIT: Found actinic blue and 10000k bulbs, none triton brand. Lots of other UV's as well. And reflectors. For those looking for PL-L related products, they are also referred to as "power compacts"

Boleman

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but here is a US dealer for 55w 2700k PL-L bulbs. I know someone had been looking.
Now I just need to find these wonderful bio spectrum Triton bulbs stateside as well :)
EDIT: Found actinic blue and 10000k bulbs, none triton brand. Lots of other UV's as well. And reflectors. For those looking for PL-L related products, they are also referred to as "power compacts"

Thank you for the info Helis. By the by, you can also buy them on e-bay and ship them anywhere in the world... There are other various web sights that do package deals.

What are the risks of fire like with PLLs? is there any chance that the ballast could short out and spark about or is it rather safe? is it unnecessary to put them on a Breaker circuit thingy?with say, 220 watts?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
You will catch mad fire with PLLs ;) :smokeit:

I think it would depend on the individual brand of ballasts. As an overall system, the ballasts are enclosed in metal, and if you're using a pre made fitting, it's probably got another layer of metal. Basically the same system as tube fluoros so I don't see any fire risks there worth worrying about. Not sure about the breakers and stuff.

ricard0

I think Scrub's got it there. They're only as safe as the equipment & install, though very safe when used correctly.

Unless you're running more than 1,400 watts of PL-L's, a typical 15 amp plug circuit will do just fine. If you're running so many PLL-L's that you are reaching the 4-600w range, a dedicated circuit would be prudent... as would a revaluation of light type at that point. But for only 220w, just plug 'em in and go. No breaker or new circuit required.

Let us know how things go Marijuanasaur

Oh, I thought anything above 500 watts or something like that needed one. good to know. I like what I see so far of the Hydro-Grow-LED Penetrator lights but i like these pll lights too.

ricard0

A typical 15 amp circuit is good for 1440 watts. A 20 amp circuit is good for 1800. Just make sure not to exceed 80% of the MAX load for a given circuit with a sustained load. Watts = Amps x Volts