What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

J-Blunt

Just thought I would show my first harvest ever. Used 330 watts and 385 watts at some points, all 55w pll bulbs driven by 2 Workhorse 8's. Grew in coco with FNB and little Koolbloom. A hermie dusted some of my crop, but it is definitely some good looking/smelling ganja despite my "losses". All the bud is DSD from REZ except one bagseed.

The Cabinet (no inside pic atm)
picture.php

Double Strawberry Diesel #1 (both boxes)
picture.php

Double Strawberry Diesel #2
picture.php

Double Strawberry Diesel #3
picture.php

Double Strawberry Diesel #4
picture.php

Double Strawberry Diesel #5
picture.php

Bagseed
picture.php

The last DSD was sick from the get-go. These plants were from seed, and I let them go to 75 days flowering. I have some bonsai moms started, and 25 clones waiting to show roots. I had 100% success rate with the last batch of clones so I am hoping for something similar here - I just need 15 good ones to start up my SOG. Prolly start a diary or thread in Micro Grows when these root. Happy holidays all!!! :smokeit:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Nice work j-blunt :D Very nice indeed. I hope you can post some pics of them growing, that would be cool. Enjoy that.

J-Blunt

Nice work j-blunt :D Very nice indeed. I hope you can post some pics of them growing, that would be cool. Enjoy that.

:) thanks for the kind works bro, ive been stalking in the background of ur thread - very clean build urself sir

Nice job indeed

I too would like to see the action shots...... next round maybe ;)

When Christmas is done I've decided to start a grow log here :)

Thanks for the encouragement all :joint:

ricard0

whats the heat like with those, anything like T5's

I'd say similar to T5 but they run a bit cooler for me. It would depend on your setup i guess. Separating the ballast/s from the space helps ALOT. And that's how PL-L's are typically used.

Merry X-Mas fellow PL'ers

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I agree they penetrate well. My bases are ice cool :cool: Maybe I was trippin' but I swear the whole cab lit up visibly brighter once I put the 2 clear fans directly on the bases. I know they take up room but it was worth it imo. Better design from the get-go would be best of course.

I can't give you a lumen figure but here are the results from my diy light meter, aka a plant

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:smoweed:

J-Blunt

My pics cant really compete with Scrub's yet, but I'm a noob so gimme a break :p

picture.php

I made the drying period past 8 days. Stems snap, bud lil crispy but sticky as fuck still.
Harvested 166.6g total or 5.95oz. Thats not even counting the oz+ of mold/light burnt bud.
I honestly believe the max my setup can yield is 9oz - that being said I think 6oz of some homegrown isnt too shabby for a first-timer like myself. I know me/my friends will be enjoying some fine smoke for a while :)

fatigues

Veteran
I made the drying period past 8 days. Stems snap, bud lil crispy but sticky as fuck still.
Harvested 166.6g total or 5.95oz. Thats not even counting the oz+ of mold/light burnt bud.
I honestly believe the max my setup can yield is 9oz -

That was under how many watts of PL-L? Color temps? Grown under what method? For how long?

Ahh - posted above - never mind!

Used 330 watts and 385 watts at some points, all 55w pll bulbs driven by 2 Workhorse 8's. Grew in coco with FNB and little Koolbloom.

I find it interesting that you essentially got the same results with 330 watts of PL-L as was pulled out of the Hi-Pod under 330 watts - both grown in coco.

Did you scrog at all J-Blunt?

J-Blunt

nope, this was my first grow and i had 6 little bushes in a basically 2ftx2ftx2ft grow space. also i way overreacted to my supposed "hermi". I found 1 seed right before harvest and the calyxes were so swollen I thot a few of my plants were seeded. Come to find out all is well and I'm just a paranoid stoner.

enough rambling...i topped all my plants once and they still outgrew my cabinet so i lost yeild to plants hitting the lights. thats all the training that was done...but these were some big girls all in 4in sq pots.

my next grow starting will be a clone straight to flower SOG with 15 plants being harvest every 5 weeks. i WILL be documenting that grow here on IC. theoretically 7g a plant would be 3.75 zips every 5 weeks. i actually think its possible for me :p

ICAN

I agree they penetrate well. My bases are ice cool :cool: Maybe I was trippin' but I swear the whole cab lit up visibly brighter once I put the 2 clear fans directly on the bases. I know they take up room but it was worth it imo. Better design from the get-go would be best of course.

I can't give you a lumen figure but here are the results from my diy light meter, aka a plant

picture.php

lol those buds are crazy

I have a few of these laying around and I'm going to use them and see how they do. They have an adhesive backing and are pure copper.. they work really well for computer cooling, so they should do the same for bulbs.
a_swiftech_all_cooper_ram_sinks_mc14.jpg
a_mc14_step_2.gif

Swiftech MC14 BGA Heatsinks

there's aluminum ones and cheaper ones too.. zalman, thermaltake, swiftech- BGA and VGA heatsinks, or "memory heatsinks".

Latest posts

Latest posts