What's new

please tip? im trying to make a living..

please tip? im trying to make a living..

• Recession b*tch!

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Tipping for good service is a part western civilization.

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Not big on the tipping theory.

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Urban legend - never happened.

Like the story of your ex-prez that wasn't a retard.

And we told your gov't to "go Fuck themselves" when they wanted us to go and kill the wmd hiders. Freedom fries, and all that fag waving nonsense (sorry, flag waving).

Look how that turned out...

We do just fine - take care of your own backyard first...

Team America: World Police...

FUCK YEA...

Sheath those claws, girlie. Ya can't play w/ the big kids if you don't mind your P's and Q's...
Answer the question. Why do you hate America?

hamstorg

Somebody already stated,that in various countries if not all in Europe have the tips included in the bill then lines are drawn.This is the simplest way to destroy all of this tipping issue.Why?Cause you know your getting your tip which makes you happy right?That means the customer is happy cause your happy(you catering to him in mannered fashion etc etc etc),that means your owner is happy,that means hes happy cause he gets more money,which in return means the more happiness all around the more customers you get.Which means more tips for you.

Get it? Be happy.

hamstorg

Somebody already stated,that in various countries if not all in Europe have the tips included in the bill then lines are drawn.This is the simplest way to destroy all of this tipping issue.Why?Cause you know your getting your tip which makes you happy right?That means the customer is happy cause your happy,that means your owner is happy,that means he happy cause he gets more money,which in return means the more happiness all around the more customers you get.

Get it? Be happy.

Later edit : ^ The answer for the question above(in my humble opinion)America is Europes Frankenstein.

nnep

I always tip big, just what i was taught to do growing up.

I've also been known to smoke out pizza delivery guys, poor kids trying to make a buck, why not make their night.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Although its tough, i'm sure if you give a little you get a little.
:ying:
This coming from a negative thinker for the most part, due to the recession.. although I have nothing to worry about i'm scared for everyone.

Norrath

Answer the question. Why do you hate America?

no one hates america, we all love it for what it stands for, diversity and freedom...cough. even if it's like helping a special ed class, just DONT know where to begin....

and i was born in michigan.. just as american as the rest, cept i choose not to hold a US passport anymore. On second thought, i guess there are SOME people who hate america, but they have silly reasons.

Charybdis

I think some people have legitimate reasons to dislike America. Think about things from the perspective of someone in Afghanistan. What we've done is the equivalent of someone coming into our country, overthrowing the government and then randomly killing civilians with drones and high-tech weaponry while going after what's left of our former government. That'd tend to piss you off...

Norrath

this aint a do YOU hate america thread, but yeah obviously ACTIONS of a country speak loudly. If it just sat idle, and were just crass from north america, sure the oppressed wouldnt lash out as badly as they are presently, when america is out there policing the world..

i was just absolving classy's argument with bionic, no one said they hate america, he's just being defiant.

HATE, abhor...not dislike. people are quick to bite in this thread. fuck yall:)

G

Ganja D

me and my roomie always tip fat, at least 5 dollars usually. sometimes if we are feeling jewish we will toss like 3 bucks.

WTF man?
I'm jewish and tip like 5 bucks on a 15 dollar order. I tip at least 20% at restaurants. Moneys just money to me and I'm far from cheap. I know your just fucking around but stereo types piss me off. Except for Asians being bad drivers.(that ones true)
Next time your about to talk bad about jews, think twice please.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The level and quality of most service type jobs has hit all time low - gum chewing, eye rolling, insolent lazy fuckers begrudgingly doing as little as they can for as much as they can get...

The reason the caliber of people has gone down (in general) is because that's the only people who will work for next to nothing. I've found that in decent establishments with a tipping clientelle, the service is dramatically better. If you've had bad service, feel free to mentally tally up the bill before you order and tell the waiter, "Here's half your tip. Take good care of us and you'll get the rest."

Some believe that tip stands for "to ensure promptness".

If you are dissatisfied with what you're getting, but you aren't willing to pay for it... why complain?

Seriously. I'm usually right on board with what you have to say, Classy... but I think you're dropping the ball here. Respectfully.

No friggin' way I'm dumpin' my hard earned coin into some little douches hand so he can go and smoke better weed than I can afford.
Nobody's forcing you to. But you don't seem angry that the restaurant wants you to fork over $2 for a nickel worth of sugar water and you pay that... You'll pay $16-25+ for a steak that you could buy at the grocery store for $8 and then you order dessert! So why not give the waiter his (or her) due? Just think of it as part of the bill. If you can't afford the carrot cake AND a tip... then don't get the carrot cake.

I rarely eat out because I can't stomach the needless expense and I refuse to screw the staff because of my own personal hardship.

Driving a car is not service - it's a job you do when you can't do anything else.
Next time you get zero tip - instead of cursing the "cheapskate", try asking yourself, "What the fuck makes me so special people would want to hand me $$$".
You're the reason I don't wait tables anymore. I had a customer complain to me that I only brought her 4 orders of complimentary cheese bread to her table and she wanted some more. I explained that since she was the only person at the table who's dinner was supposed to come with the free bread for one, and that we sold the stuff for $1.99 and that the rule was no sharing, she got indignant and informed me that she knew the owner. I had to very gently, apologetically tell her this:

"Ma'am... who do you suppose made the rule about the free cheese bread? If it was up to me you could have anything here for free, because I am working for your tip and I really need the money. But the owner - who you know very well - is concerned about food costs and has instructed me to only bring out two pieces of bread. I've already brought you more than that."

(No, she wasn't fat, she was sharing it with her entire party.)

She paid for her meal, but refused to give the money to me. She didn't tip. She called and tried to get me fired. And the restaurant? Did they back me up for watching out for their food cost and following the rules? Did I get a raise? Free cheese bread? Nope. Nothing. I got stiffed on a tip and my owner/manager said, "Sorry, dude."

I don't work there anymore.

Sorry. This thread just reminded me what hell waiting tables was.

PS - If you ever see that movie "Waiting" know that every part of it was witnessed in real life by me except for the whole thing about showing each other their balls.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
WTF man?
I'm jewish and tip like 5 bucks on a 15 dollar order. I tip at least 20% at restaurants. Moneys just money to me and I'm far from cheap. I know your just fucking around but stereo types piss me off. Except for Asians being bad drivers.(that ones true)
Next time your about to talk bad about jews, think twice please.

Oh come on, you talk about hating stereotypes and then you stereotype in the same paragraph??

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
you should just be lucky you have a job look at all the folks that dont have jobs man. not everyone has their daddy giving them money so they can tip you. maybe some of those people have $15 to their name for the $14.20 meal and feel like ordering from your company that in turn keeps you working. you should work at my job everytime i end up making a part or fixing a machine that makes parts i dont get a tip im just there to do my job. the folks that dont get to deliver they are still bustin their butts while your out drivin listenin to your music and on your cell phone that should be a good enough tip for ya. i know plenty of people that would take your job in a heartbeat and not need a penny tip.

Latest posts

Latest posts