What's new

please tip? im trying to make a living..

please tip? im trying to make a living..

• Recession b*tch!

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Tipping for good service is a part western civilization.

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Not big on the tipping theory.

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I don't eat junk food..Pizza is shit no matter what source it comes from. I'm talking about restaurants and such. Excuse me ? Im not sure how it is in the states but here when i order something there is the price of the item and the price of delivery. When i pay for delivery..i expect the fucking item to be delivered! Or there will be trouble! And the service should be and has to be top notch or you just lost a customer.

If the ''mon & pop'' operations can't handle then charge more. People will pay more for better quality. I however will not pay more for something that goes without saying and is just common business practice..

Wait, so you're saying that you pay a fee to have something delivered?

whiterabbit9

Veteran
I hear in some countries in europe (France I think) the tip is already calculated on bills

I just accepted that some people don't give tips, that's okay
I could get mad, what could it give me ?

Just continue the ride, and continue smiling when people open the door, i'm jsut the middle man, i'm happy to be alive (sometimes haha) and I share that smile, and, we are both alive, it's magic

sure some people don't share the smile whatever, I loved delivering food

see new faces, some people we're assholes, some people we're cool, some we're regulars

I will always remember the girl who gave me 12$
I asked her twice ( and it wasn't 50 like you stepn)

12$ wow
I tell you I thought of that girl for a couple of days

----

I am not in the same state of mind as my first 2 posts, I cooled down,
happyness to everyone

C

Classyathome

Wait, so you're saying that you pay a fee to have something delivered?

Duh - I said that too...

Delivery charge - look it up...

If I pay for my "whatever" to be delivered, wtf would be the reason to pay more, even if the troll driving the car is hard up???

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Simmer down, princess. Then that is the tip anything further wouldn't be required. Most places do not have that in NYC, although some do. Y'know, cuz cheap asses refused to tip so they had to add this policy so their workers could get paid. BTW, I was even talking to you.

T

tokinafaty420

I don't eat junk food..Pizza is shit no matter what source it comes from. I'm talking about restaurants and such. Excuse me ? Im not sure how it is in the states but here when i order something there is the price of the item and the price of delivery. When i pay for delivery..i expect the fucking item to be delivered! Or there will be trouble! And the service should be and has to be top notch or you just lost a customer.

If the ''mon & pop'' operations can't handle then charge more. People will pay more for better quality. I however will not pay more for something that goes without saying and is just common business practice..

Different cultures man. I never meant if you paid for something you wouldn't get it. If you paid a delivery charge which was added to your bill before hand it goes without saying that you are not expected to pay more. That fee is there to compensate the drivers. Simply put though, quality doesn't always mean you win. Too many people give up quality to save a buck. Look at all the mom & pops being put out of business by walmart and the likes. Try getting a retarded highschool student who is being forced to work at walmart by their parent to give a fuck whether or not you find what you are searching for in there. Yet people will go there more times and not and ignore the bad service to save money.

lately I have found my best and rarest deliveries are the strippers. they always pay their bills in either $1 or $2 bills. normally always a tip.

rolls of pennies are always interesting though.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Simmer down, princess. Then that is the tip anything further wouldn't be required. Most places do not have that in NYC, although some do. Y'know, cuz cheap asses refused to tip so they had to add this policy so their workers could get paid. BTW, I was even talking to you.

That is really damn comfortable for the employers. I would never sign up to that. Fixed salary or salary depending on the work involved.

Here deliver this pizza and rely on the customers whims..Fuck that!

T

tokinafaty420

Yep..that's the way it is here. It's not like that in the states ?

That "fee" is the same as a "tip" to us.... its just done through trust in the customer to pay it. Its not forced, if someone wants to fuck you out of that "fee" they are free to do so and some people enjoy rubbing it in the drivers face as it appears.

Charybdis

To me, the people who refuse to tip are like the people Bill Hicks ranted about. "Only in America does common courtesy have to be legislated."

C

Classyathome

To me, the people who refuse to tip are like the people Bill Hicks ranted about. "Only in America does common courtesy have to be legislated."

Hence my relief that I am not an american...

Canadian - we are polite americans, without the guns.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
We still do tip..but when we tip it's Product+Delivery+Tip... That's why i say i'm not sure what the tip is for lol :D. But yeah..we usually tip when something is done better or faster than we expected. When someone really goes out of his way..

It seems to me that your system is just harder on both parties. While it is more romantic..i can agree with that. Depends on your outlook i guess. I've always thought that in reality most people are assholes. It's just the nature of the game..

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
:biggrin:

CanadaGayFriend.jpg

M

mugenbao

I don't really like the wording about the recession option, but I selected it simply because I just don't have the money available to tip like I used to. On top of delivery charges and the food being overpriced to begin with, although I always tip I find that I often just don't have enough left over to tip as much as I'm accustomed to lately.

Charybdis

Here's a thought 9Lives. Did you ever consider that people become more or less nice over time based on the actions of other people? Have you ever considered that, by not tipping maybe you're making their lives just that much less enjoyable? I gave a cabbie a ten spot the other day, and it probably made his day; he was just beaming. The way I see it, we're all stuck on this planet so we might as well do what we can to help other people's lives not suck. Human, Kind, be both. That sort of thing. But hey, feel free to be a jerk if that's your thing, it's typical.

Latest posts

Latest posts