What's new

PK's Build a Long 16K, come on in!

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Incredible build PK. Your rooms are gonna be epic for sure. Congrats and positive vibes to you.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick update:

I am looking for my camera battery charger, will find that asap promise to not leave you hanging.

All walls are insulated, the veg room and flower room have all the walls and ceiling on and insulated. Just a few minor things to do in there before I can get to throwing some poly on. Tomorrow we are painting the ceilings, and I am tyvek taping all seams, after that poly is going up and I can start bringing in equipment and placing it. In two days the AC will be all wired in and by the end of the week all ducting will be in and temp control will be 100%.

Tomorrow I expect to finish walling off the work area. Getting down to the nitty grit and all the details that makes shit pur is coming right up. I will fill you guys in on more soon with pictures :)

Now off to go bust down a 5K house, a 15+ hour day, it has been a long two weeks, couple more real long ones to go.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yeaaaa Buddy!!! Oh man, Giants beat the Packers yesteday, and PK is almost done! Life can 't get much better! Keep it up brother!

aod

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Don't forget to bust a bottle of Champagne in celebrations, to match a masterful job! Perhaps some auspicious whispers and chants to the pagan gods too..

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup IC! Just sat down after my third straight 12 hour day on the new build. I haven't had to work to hard since all the help the elctrician framer and hvac guy have all been great but my time to shine is here. Feels good to finally have most the stuff out of the way and I can start on the details. I do want to apolgize to everyone that I have not been able to individually reply to lately, after I update and upload it is about all my mind can take for the day thinking about it. Time to grub the freak down, take a shower, smoke a fatty and play some games before bed.

Today I had the 5.0 ton Excel Stealth AC wired up, next week Hvac will come in and install the heater, bottom plenum, top plenum, and ducting. I didn't order the plenums from Excel everything was custom made around my plans.

State of the rooms:

Veg Room- One more layer of paint on the ceiling and I can panada poly the walls and seal it up tight. Next will be the pond liner floor install and then time to start hanging up and installing all the toys, done!

Flower Room- One more layer of paint on the ceiling, panda poly, pond liner, door install, and then hang some toys. Done!

Doesn't sound like much for the two rooms but time will be in the small details.

Work Room-plenty to do but a couple solid days and it will be done or close to done.

I intend to be moved in and growing by next weekend. After that, there will be details to work through the first round or two, but after a couple everything will be 100%. This has been a rollercoaster, I am invested up to my neck and it is my "Degree All in Moment". Thanks for sticking with me IC and thank you really for all the fine comments you leave. I love to share this with everyone and glad you all approve.

P.S. Bye bye summer heat.

Work Area still needing some attention:

picture.php

picture.php

Veg Room 14 x 20 ready for poly!

picture.php

AC in the flower room:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

K

kippax

can't wait to see them rooms full of green..amazing setup PK...and very understandable you can"t reply to all msg'S-you must be busy..thanks so much for sharing your progress with us-and good luck.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Awesome update pk, I'm stoked to see it all coming together for you. When I grow up I wanna be just like you :)

Rock on bro simply put the attention to detail is a quality not everyone shares. You my friend have impressed everyone here on icmag with the well thought out, planned and soon to be executed growroom. The design the build the whole things solid. I think your setting a good example on how to do it properly.

I think this is a great example of what any quality medical grow room should look like. Surgically clean is a good way to describe things. Anyways bro kudos and respect.

Until next time be safe and take care!

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
The design the build the whole things solid. I think your setting a good example on how to do it properly.

I think this is a great example of what any quality medical grow room should look like. Surgically clean is a good way to describe things. Anyways bro kudos and respect.

Could not have said it better blaze. PK, honestly, this is amazing. Probably the best thought out room I have ever seen on here. I am going to be moving in the next 6 months, making the lunge and purchasing my first homey, and you have truly inspired me to really plan every single aspect of my room at the new place.

Good luck with everything dude, can not wait to see this all done. Keep it green brother!

aod

Its an awesome project for sure and top-notch planning and equipment....but I still don't quite understand using sheets of OSB instead of insulated fire-rated sheetrock walls/ceilings. Just the paranoia of fire in my growrooms would cause me to spend the extra bucks that it would cost. But I love this build anyway.....

stagehand

Blaze215

Awesome update pk, I'm stoked to see it all coming together for you. When I grow up I wanna be just like you :)

Rock on bro simply put the attention to detail is a quality not everyone shares. You my friend have impressed everyone here on icmag with the well thought out, planned and soon to be executed growroom. The design the build the whole things solid. I think your setting a good example on how to do it properly.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is "surgical".... job very well done.

Asil

Pk, I haven't been online lately, but it is nice to see that u never seem to dissappoint. Very well done and thought out! Your threads are a inspiration to all. Looking forward to seeing this room in action.

mack 10

Veteran
WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Pk,Thats looking super tight.Gonna be fun watchin' that room getting rocked to the fullest! Keep it green my brother.
Nearly there!.... what you gonna run first,lol Mack.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gettinc lose for sure Mack!

Some small delays in the finihsing of the room, I was hoping to move in today, but I will have to wait a few more days. I am happy to announce all construction is done for now as far as walls and ceiling and insulation.

This week:

-Seal and paint work area
-Mount ballast and setup load center
-Finish AC ducting, copper line install, install condensate pump, and install heater
-Install flooring
-Finish tightening up flower room poly
-Weatherstrip doors

Then I am moving in!

Unfortunately I am a little behind with clones and veg being ready, not like me at all :( I will however begin by flowering some moms that are hug and need replacing, and also some spare grape bogglegums a friend had. I will be flowering 2K, while vegging 30 sour bubbles under 4k for the first real round of flowering here.

Regardless I am getting close to being done, and I cannot wait to have this baby just the way I want her. It will be a work in progress for the first 2-3 rounds like said before but it time to start rockin!

The main Door is in, I ended up going solid oak instead of a commercial steel door. Also I ended up going keypad entry rather then thumbprint. I needed to do this to save some money I am going over budget and broke building this thing. I will however upgrade after a couple rounds. We still need to trim and seal the door good.

picture.php

42004200 lets you in for now:

picture.php

The work area ready for seal and paint:

picture.php

picture.php

The veg room ready for ducting and flooring and it is ready!

picture.php

picture.php

The excel with its plenums installed and waiting for ducting, heater, condensate pump, and copper installed:

picture.php

picture.php

Next week the updates will be a lot more awesome! I will be hanging lights, fans, and getting ready to purrrrr

Latest posts

Latest posts