What's new

PK's Build a Long 16K, come on in!

stussy22

well good to hear you are on your feet and just waiting for things to start flowing again. Keep us posted. Have a good holidays.

stu :joint:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all! Wanted to share with you the light panel I recieved :)

This controls 14 regular 1K ballast, and a 1K ballast on a flip flop so 16 bulbs total only 15 on at once. there is a bank of power and controls for 10K ballast for flower, 4K ballast for veg, and 1K ballast on a flipflop.

The flower room has sequential startup so it does not cause huge spikes. The flip flop is programed to shut off, flip, and then back on, to prevent arcing of the relay. The panel has 1 high temp shutoff sensor on a 40ft cord in case of overheating issues IE: AC quits. Also the panel has hot start delay built in, in case of power outages.

The panel is controlled through the siemens PLC, all pre programmed just needs the time set. At any time I can re configure the 14 lights to any schedule and group I want via programming. All new to me but sounds like fun. I am going to be ordering another panel identical to this one eventually as a backup in case shit happens, then I can send the other back for repairs (if ever needed) and never be down.

Electrical should be going in before to long, then the rooms can be finished!

Also, if any of you are interested, I am updating my chamber of love thread today with my east coast sour bubble harvest, and also have a RDWC sour strawberry kush crop to share.

P.S. The panel main box came with a dent from shipping :(, nothing some plyers can't fix but unfortunate.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mrdizzle-no idea who that is

Maj. Cottonmouth- I am running two 5x5 rooms with 1K each on a flip flop for headstash production, seed runs, and breeding purposes like test runs and running pollenated females. I own two power box flip flops for 1K and use them now, but I wanted everything all in one. I am going to have so much extra equipment after this lol....

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
That is awesome, I am so jealous of your new setup. Looking forward to you blowing it up like a boss. Thanks for sharing this with us. :respect:

Tactician

That's not a panel from Olyver, this is. Luv the fact you have PLC controlling your ballasts, so many options possible. I would reccomend ferrules for the wires connected to the PLC. To pass NEC/CEC all the contactors should be mounted in the side NEMA enclosure. For the price, you got a nice panel. Is there a trigger cord instead of a built-in timer.

Attachments

• 48 ballasts x 600W.jpg
    48 ballasts x 600W.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Inside view.jpg
    Inside view.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
  • probes and antenna.jpg
    probes and antenna.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 18
Yeah was the panel from DXhydro? If so Dan is the man and made my 3 phase panel and it is the bee knees. Works like a champ and is controlled by a sentinel HID-2 with overheat and hotstart prevention. Its the whip!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maj. Cottonmouth- Thanks man, I will do my best and you are welcome, I love sharing with you and all my peers here on IC.

Billy Big Bud- Thanks, I am trying!

Derka- Yes :)

Tactician- The timer is the PLC, no trigger cord. thanks for the tips, and the panel you have there is nice!

Burning Tree- yeah man it was. Good to hear, I have heard nothing but good things about him and so far my experience has been good.

Thanks everyone, sorry for the delays but that is a construction project right?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Good to see you updating things PK, best wishes for an awesome grow! Looks like you're doin' it right!

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh snappppp!!!!That controller is the SHHHEEEEEITT!!!!

Awesome PK, great to know things are going smoothly, I really can not wait to see this whole room up and running.

aod

stussy22

Very impressed with the craftsmanship on that controller you definitely have the right guys working for you.

Very impressed with the craftsmanship on that controller you definitely have the right guys working for you.

He can work for you as well! Dan is awesome and does great work. I have seen some other folks bad talk him at other forums and here but my panel is great and was really affordable for what it is. Check out his site. Has off the shelf kits and controllers as well as custom work like PK had done.

My panel is worth every penny I spent and I will use him again.

www.dxhydro.com

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
impressive controller; ive seen those ranco units before, probably the ultimate thermostat and works for heating or a/c

confused though, u gonna disassemble the subpanel and run romex to distribute timed outlets throughout or run extension cords from a central location?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looking lovely bro, I will be lurking watching it all come together. Looks like you've got everything covered. Looks quality through and through.

Until next time be safe and take care!