What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Kush: Grow-along and hopefully make some seeds!

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smelled cat piss from a Congo#3 x Ethiopian that I chopped yesterday. Kept going back for another whiff.

You'll like Thunk x PTK, one of the first crosses I made with it.
I chopped Malawi x PTK yesterday and have PTK x (Honey White Bx2 F2) vegging.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
That's great news VG. Looking forward to buying a pack or two as soon as the seeds drop! Thanks to all that have had a hand in making this happen.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I, too, will be keeping an eye out for this drop.

I've been waiting for a few years for this variety to reappear & am happy to see you are making it available again, if only for a short time.

VerdantGreen's PTK's are from Lean Green...legit Pine Tar Kush genetics.

Unfortunately Hazeman's PTK are really Xmas bud and not Pine Tar Kush...the Xmas Bud is a quality line but not remotely related to PTK. :tiphat:

Thanks Nspecta. Sounds like I need to get legit PTK and Xmas bud. Is xmas bud old NL? Smells like pine trees? The first dank I smoked always smelled super piney. Everyone called it NL, but I think most people called all dank that back in the mid 90s. I have hazeman monkey balls (supposed to be deep chunk). Hopefully those are real

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys!

I, too, will be keeping an eye out for this drop.

I've been waiting for a few years for this variety to reappear & am happy to see you are making it available again, if only for a short time.

its not ideal, i would have liked to be able to use more plants, but ive done the best i could and at least there are some fresh seeds about. hopefully someone might do a bigger selection at some point.

germination test is underway, if all goes well i will send seeds next week, although i am going on holiday on wednesday, so if i dont get time then it will be a week or so after that.

VG

thanks guys!

its not ideal, i would have liked to be able to use more plants, but ive done the best i could and at least there are some fresh seeds about. hopefully someone might do a bigger selection at some point.

germination test is underway, if all goes well i will send seeds next week, although i am going on holiday on wednesday, so if i dont get time then it will be a week or so after that.

VG

Ill have to figure out how to use breeders retail or the bay and try and snag a pack.

Any chance you might release a fem line either s1 or fem ix?

You should pass Nspecta sone of those hes got the irene og cut that woukd be some kind of pine treat! Damn :tiphat:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill have to figure out how to use breeders retail or the bay and try and snag a pack.

Any chance you might release a fem line either s1 or fem ix?

You should pass Nspecta sone of those hes got the irene og cut that woukd be some kind of pine treat! Damn :tiphat:

Nspecta has the same PTK as VG and more, trust me.:biggrin:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd be interested in what Lean said about the smoke too!

now the popcorn buds i has left are nicely dried etc, i'm finding some of the delicious pine coming through in the taste along with some eucalyptus, seems to open the airwaves.

the High is fairly potent, not the strongest but not lacking either, it is quite uplifting and relaxing, allowing your thoughts to race away but it seems easy to stay in focus rather than drift off...
i'm looking forward to smoking some primo sensi PTK buds after the next run!

VG

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
i'd be interested in what Lean said about the smoke too!

i'm looking forward to smoking some primo sensi PTK buds after the next run!

VG

Your efforts to make this cross available is commendable,
and I am excited to have a chance to flower this cultivar.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Great job VG, please let us know when the seeds are on they way. Been waiting a long time to get a shot at these beans :woohoo:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lean green,

Whats the high like on ptk?

Any smoke reports?

I was making some bubble the other day and a 6" purple bud of PTK fell on the floor unnoticed until a few days later. It is from the plant I posted earlier in this thread.
Give me a few days to ponder it and I'll try to put a few words together. I've been growing this stuff for ten years, think I'd have a report ready off the top of my head.

I was making some bubble the other day and a 6" purple bud of PTK fell on the floor unnoticed until a few days later. It is from the plant I posted earlier in this thread.
Give me a few days to ponder it and I'll try to put a few words together. I've been growing this stuff for ten years, think I'd have a report ready off the top of my head.

Well that depends on how many varieties you grow.

I would imagine that would be good focus weed with high leveles of pinene. Sounds like my kind of stuff

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, just back after a week or so away. i'll sort out the PTK stock in the next week and send some in.

VG

Damm stoner!:laughing:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, im only getting 60% germination, after two tests. thats 60% seedlings above the soil looking healthy.
so i think i may put 15 seeds in each pack in order to balance the less than perfect germ rates.
thats said, the germination rates may improve with time, they tend to increase for the first year.
VG

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
That seems more than fair to me VG!

I agree with you that time can increase germination rate. Fresh shells aren't as easy for the plant to crack on their own.

At any rate.....I'm first in line! No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like I'm second in line. Anyways I hope to score a pack or two when they're set loose on us stoners.