Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys there is a smoke report for the PTG here:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
here are my 6 little ptg plants going under full led today. still too early to sex and I'll probably train these to have at least 4 colas so it may be a bit before I know what I have on hand.

20220607_193403.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking full of promise @Jahaze
i've been smoking on all of my F3 plants and really enjoying them. All are piney but there is variation on the backend with some sweeter and others more musky/herby/solvent.
My son (in his early twenties) smoked some and was impressed... he gave it what is probably (for his age group) the greatest accolade:-
"you could sell this as 'flavors' dad" !
had to laugh... (not sure if that terminology is just UK or Global)
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
sorry for the slow updates but the plants are growing out waiting for them to show sex and trying to prune for multiple tops in the meantime. Three plants are showing great hybrid vigor and 2 plants are slower but not too bad and 1 plant#6 really slow. that #6 looks very wld like the ptk. I was a bit rough with the plant and lost a side branch but that plant I probably should have just let go natural. I'm hoping it's a male so I can dust a really piney og cross I have which I love but is all over the place with her vine like habit and golfball nugs.

20220626_103921.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking nice @Jahaze ! - you are probably right about #6.. when i did the Pine Tar Kush repro i topped all the plants (because i needed cutting material and there were no side branches) and they sulked for ages before they got going again!
I think your method of topping and encouraging 4 main branches is great but there will always be the odd plant that doesn't appreciate it lol.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So plant #6 has gotten out of the funk it seems growing rapidly and I was able to bend some branches to encourage somewhat of an even canopy. It looks like I have at least 3 females possibly 4 and 2 males. Seems like #1,2,4,6 are the females. One plant still cant confirm with confidence its sex but looks female. I will post some pics soon.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
getting close to flipping into flower. left - right #1,#2,#4,#6 followed by a closeup pic. I think plant #1 has stretched nicely and i will up pot and put in the next couple days. plant#2 grew vigorously and I opted to cut back the two longer branches so I can have an even canopy...she will probably still be the biggest plant of the bunch I think. All plants lived too long in the smaller containers and are showing signs of deficiency. I dusted the tops with high N guano and topped off with fresh compost until they all get flipped in the next week or so just to keep them going. I'm thinking these can tolerate a bit richer medium so I may push 2 of the 4 just to see how they do. Hopefully I can get a couple to produce some chunky pine nugs...let's see.

20220710_124841.jpg

20220710_123048.jpg
20220710_123103.jpg

20220710_123154.jpg

20220710_123223.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great that they bounced back from Topping ok - must be some hybrid vigor in there.. as we should expect. 3 or 4 girls is also decent.
🍿

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Yes ! - both of the tall plants have had 'praying' leaves most of the way through flower... and i'm certain it isn't Mg deficiency because there is no sign of it on the leaves and i have added extra dolomite lime (and gypsum) to the soil . My suspicion is that the tall plants ended up a little closer to the LED than was ideal.. and i guess the huge fan leaves may have been getting too much light. some people think praying is a sign of a happy plant, but i've never really believed that, because the leaves are reducing their angle to the light and this means they will receive less photons.. i think if anything it is a mild stress response - but some people would disagree with that i'm sure!
Hey brother, I'll share my two cents on this. I'm watching a Mr.Greenjeans CherryBomb very closely right now. I can't prove my theory until the day of harvest. I just had the thought yesterday.

This plant prays all day long and in the evening it's the first plant to collapse onto itself. My other plants all droop as well each night at dusk in the greenhouse. My thought is the water transpiration is exaggerated because of the hollow stems. The xylem and phloem, I believe are what move the water up and down the plant internally. I think they over camber the leaves slightly when pumping up and lose vascular pressure almost instantly when transferring sugars back to the roots in the evening.

Almost every plant of mine is hollow stems, branches. It's my opinion that pith filled meristem is similar to the human body having plaque filled veins and high blood pressure. My plants have only had this hollow stem trait consistently since I developed Fungal Repositories.
Peace farmerlion

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
The 2 male ptg f3s were transferred outdoors to let them grow out so I can collect some pollen. I have a really piney pure kush cross I would like to make some seeds with to preserve for future exploration. That plant is not a great yielder but has great taste and effect. She is also very vine like and has little golf ball sized buds. Hopefully the addition of ptg can maintain pine terps and bulk up flower without losing much.

PTG f3 males outdoors

20220718_074222.jpg

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
PTG update.
Sorry for the slow updates but have been in and out of the garden due to summer family travels. I had to stagger the flip as some of the ptg were growing faster than others and I wanted them all to go in around the same height. PTG#1 was the 1st to go to flower because she had the largest node distance and was the fastest of the bunch. I kept them in 1gal containers but next week the #1 plant will go into 2gals for the remainder if flower. My plan is to take them to week 8 -9 to preserve the pine terps that may show up. She was a bit hungry early on but a kelp & ewc top dress seemed to satisfy her. The New soil will be lean as I only want her to have enough food for another 4-5 weeks before the fade and to keep her as moist as possible in my hot room. The smaller containers dry out too quickly for me this time of year. I will post the others in the coming days but for now here is the stretchy gal plant #1 week 2 of flower.

20220726_082631.jpg
20220726_171854.jpg
20220726_082549.jpg
20220726_171953.jpg
20220726_172016.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
All pine tar gush f3 gals are currently in flower but at different intervals. Plant#1 = 3wks, plant#4 = 2wks, plants #2 and #6 = 1 week of flower. Anyone that's grown previous generations notice a difference in structure this early in flower? I think that in the next 3 weeks the younger plants should level off and I can better compare growth and size. mind you the #1 plant vegged the least before the flip and still had a decent stretch. Some of these have very big leaves on long petiols. A couple were very musky even in veg so hopefully thats a sign of dank in the making. I have them ordered by length in flower R-L #1,#4,#2,#6.

20220804_081453.jpg
20220804_155252.jpg
20220804_155454.jpg
20220804_073830.jpg

20220804_073916.jpg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @Jahaze they all look great!
The four i grew, i had 2 plants that were bigger in structure and a bit more vigorous that the other two, although the terpene profiles were all similar, sweet smelling pine...(but with subtle differences)
looking forward to seeing these grown in bigger pots than mine and topped (which mine weren't)!
VG :tiphat:

linde

look very similar to my ptk/larry og cross. great old-school smoke. I'm wanting to cross my ptk with my 79' X mas bud here when I get time. glad to see somebody working with these old strains.

linde

this was an early ptk pheno. done mid sept. have 3 main phenos. mid sept sweet/pine, end Sept straight up pine and first week of Oct pine/lime. I used the late Sept straight pine pheno for my crosses. fun strain to work with. loves to be grown outdoor.

Attachments

• 20210829_111648.jpg
    20210829_111648.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
taking advantage of our limited summer days so been away from the garden this month and posting has taken a back seat. Next week I will be able to devote some much needed time to the garden and I will take a closer look at the girls and post some observations and smells I encounter ...till then: PTG #1 at just over 6 weeks in flower.

20220825_113424.jpg
20220825_113456.jpg
20220825_113512.jpg