What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Gush F3 grow along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the #4 mother plant from the seed run, done sensi, only in a 1 gallon pot but it came out looking rather sexy ! this pheno gave around 40% of the seeds for the F3s
PTGfrastymacro.jpg
PTG4nug.jpg
PTGmacro2.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Jahaze, yes it's small because of the small pot but i think it is one of the prettiest plants i've grown.. and interesting to see a nice bud structure in the sensi plant grown from clone and topped...

back to the untopped F3s. we are now at about 5 weeks; Here is 4-1, one of the 2 tall plants, loks like this has carried the Purple colouring - which i'm glad about!
PTK4-1@5.jpg

4-2 the other tall one: Frosty !
PTG4.2@5.jpg

PTK4.2MACRO@5.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the 2 shorter plants both looking nice but also fading from the bottom... this is likely to be genetic rather than them being hungry imo (same size pot as the much bigger plants which aren't fading nearly as much) Early ripening is probably good for PTG because the Pine Terps do start to fade after 8 weeks or so.
PTG2@5.JPG

PTG2MACRO@5.JPG
and the other short plant :
PTG3@5.JPG

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So a pine tar plant praying lmao
Yes ! - both of the tall plants have had 'praying' leaves most of the way through flower... and i'm certain it isn't Mg deficiency because there is no sign of it on the leaves and i have added extra dolomite lime (and gypsum) to the soil . My suspicion is that the tall plants ended up a little closer to the LED than was ideal.. and i guess the huge fan leaves may have been getting too much light. some people think praying is a sign of a happy plant, but i've never really believed that, because the leaves are reducing their angle to the light and this means they will receive less photons.. i think if anything it is a mild stress response - but some people would disagree with that i'm sure!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VerdantGreen looks like you're doing ok for an old fart!
Thanks fella ! yeah getting old sucks but it does come with wisdom and experience.. (so i'm told)
Originally when @Tonygreen sent me the Gorilla Bubble seeds to make a cross with, my intention was to cross to the bubba... which i still want to do, but he spoke of the GB being great at 'absorbing' the Terp profile of plants it is crossed to.. which got me thinking about the PTK because of its quite pure pine scent, and you need a bit of luck i guess but its worked a dream.
The straight PTK is great but its more of an old fashioned indica - it has reasonable potency but is slow and a bit 'cabbage - like' the PTG has the potency and growth habits of a modern hybrid and still the great pine terps.. in fact the slight fuel/solventy background on the PTG seems to amplify the pine Terps even more !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been smoking on the Purple F2.. delicious. Smell is PIne/fuel/terps which comes through on the flavour really well. High is potent, relaxing, warm and fuzzy but also quite functional and doesn't sap your energy, probably due to the pinene. Keeper.

more pics of the F3s soon,

PTK4.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
those ptg plants look tasty VG. I really like the look of the f2 #4 mother plant as well. I wanted to start at least 8 of the ptg seeds but I have too many slower longer flowering plants from seeds I made that have occupied space so I have to limit my search for a purple scion like yours to these plants. 6 seeds started and 6 came up...let the fun start.

20220518_124204.jpg
20220518_124140.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fine looking well grown plants VG - outstanding! - now I wonder how the toke test goes - sure looks promising -
Hey Gypsy thanks for checking in! yeah if it smokes like its mum, the F2 in post 30, i will be very happy - it certainly smells the same and the mum looked very similar and not as pretty when grown un-topped from seed.
I have a few more pics of the Purple mum that made the F3 seeds.. (grown sensi from clone, not sure if ive posted them all so here they are )
PTK4.jpg
PTG4macro.jpg
PTGmacro2.jpg
PTG4nug.jpg
PTGfrastymacro.jpg
ptg4macroo.jpg