What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Gush F3 grow along.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
purple kush/og x ptg pollen. Quickly building flower. The ptg male definitely tamed the stretch which is what I wanted. The flower smells identical to the mom which is another pluse. She had some mild piney fuel to her which is why I chose the ptg as a donor...fingers crossed but so far headed in the right direction.

20240123_122740.jpg
20240123_122734.jpg
20240123_122832.jpg
20240123_122919.jpg

cheapwine

Veteran
Love that deep green colour! They look really healthy, can't wait to see end result haha

on the side note - I bough a pack of PTG couple of months ago, will pop them this year I think

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That IS a very handsome plant @Jahaze ,and sounds like you have the terps working together. I see the long petioles of the PTG in her too... unless the og/pk side had the same.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks everyone. Yeah the long petioles come from the ptg side. The mom had a wonderful smoke and effect but was not fun to grow and produced very little. So far the ptg is keeping things In line for me and allowing the moms terps to come through.

shaggy1

Hi guys, thought I'd just post up my 2 female ptg that I finish just before Christmas! Firstly, I'd just like to say thanks VG for doing the work and making these available, this really is some great weed!

The pictures have been taken from another site where I keep a diary so the quality has been lost abit, but you get the jist and I've copied over some smoke reports too.

Both plants are really great smokes in their own right, 2 phenos, 1 large, vigorous hybrid structure with more golf ball shaped nugs, she got stressed in flower as temps were really low with a cold patch in UK and being right next to the intake but she pulled through and is a lovely smoke despite the abuse. Then the other is a squat hashplant with decent side branching that was no fuss at all, just slowly plodding along and produced some top quality smoke.
They both have a similar part to the high which is definitely bedtime worthy but has this complexity to it that modern stuff doesn't have, like really calm, relaxing, but with some alertness, you don't feel all heavy headed and lethargic, then it gives you really warm fuzzy vibes inside. Just makes you feel happy and chilled. Both give this same sort of high with different nuance's. I also recently read jahazes reports on the ptg and everything he mentions is similar to what I've seen out of these 2. Although this ptg3 is quite special!

This is ptg3, the short pheno, at around 8 weeks, on plain water and chopped at 61 days, was nicely cooked.

View media item 18716112
-Eta new pic of ptg3 as I realized I posted the same picture twice instead of the 3rd pic.-

View media item 18716114
View media item 18716113
Here's a dry bud of ptg3 and a little report
View media item 18716120
View media item 18716119
This one is a bit more warm, fuzzy relaxing with the above effects. Very nice weed, I've only ever had 1 strain resemble this effect and that's a bubba x pck, and ive been chasing something similar and this is it! But this ptg is stronger!
You can't really see in the pictures above but she's got this purple and silver look to her and in the light almost looks silver with black tint. Unfortunately this is the last bud of her! Her smell is very different to her sister, but the same as in there's definitely some pine in there although this girl has a very nice incense, pine, earthy petrol vibe. Fills the room with pure old school earthy fuel and incense when you smoke. I walk in and out a room so many times just to smell this smell, it's sooo nice! The taste translates really well with her too, mainly incense and fuel, lovely!

Here's ptg1, you can see she looks abused, didn't stop her being a cracking smoke! She's on plain water here at 8ish weeks too which doesn't help the look. Chopped at day 61 but could of gone 65-70 I'd say but I wanted to try keep some pine terps.
View media item 18716116
View media item 18716115
Here's a bud shot and report
View media item 18716118
Really impressed and abit surprised about this one, only as she was looking so rough and was struggling with cold the whole grow. She's a big girl, probably doubled in stretch, good vigour and biggest yielder and she's turned out a lovely smoke. I've generally explained the high above but this one, probably because she was taken abit early, has a bit more up to her. Still very much indica but I have no problem finding motivation to do things if needed. Now the smells are what really differentiates these 2, ptg1 has this almost sharp sour thing going on, as if they could be related somewhere, the pine is definitely there in equal proportions, it's like a sharp sour, pine, fuel thing going on, smells lovely! Like jahaze mentioned, throughout late flower I was saying it has sour nuance's and as it's curing the pine and such is coming through to make it a really nice all around smell, although it doesn't quite translate to the taste which is a shame. It gives me that annoying sinus tingle that sour gives me though.

Sorry for the woffle, it's been a while since I posted here!

Anyways, cheers VG, can't wait to try more of your stuff!
Atb!

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice report @shaggy1 thanks for posting the pics too. I think @Jahaze found that the pine terps don't necessarily fade in longer flower or after a few weeks in the jar, so maybe the terps (which sound lovely) would come through on the taste with a slightly longer flower ? i don't know it might be worth experimenting.
I find PTG doesn't last long around here it's one of those very 'moreish' smokes i find, glad you liked it too. The sour element sounds awesome i'm not sure ive had that pheno.
cheers
VG :tiphat:

shaggy1

@VerdantGreen Cheers mate, and yes I think that's quite possible regarding a longer flowering, as I took them both on day 61, where the tall ptg1 still had a week left in her and the small ptg3 was nicely cooked. I wanted to see how the pine came through with an slightly early plant too but after growing I think he may be right as with mine the defined pine terps have only come through properly after 2-3weeks in the jars, I broke a bud one day and it hit me! The smells seemed to of settled down now. I also couldn't detect any pine in flower either but they had the strongest overall smells in the tent. Initially at chop ptg1 was all sharp sour with a little fuel and sweetness and ptg3 was earthy incense fuel which stayed pretty true.

They both rounded off into lovely smokes and definitely the sort of weed I've been looking for! I don't like all this modern Cali cardboard shit so only really interested in older stuff with unique highs and something different and this definitely ticks that box!! Unfortunately I only ran them in 2.5L + 4.5L of soil so got like 1+2 oz :ROFLMAO: but will run both again!

Thanks again VG!
:ying:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
This ptg pollinated plant is right at week 8 and will be harvested in next couple days by the looks of it. The mom plant had a sweet kushy nose with a bit of fuel. The ptg has passed on the pine and fuel in a big way as what's coming off the plant when she's disturbed is pine followed by fuel and some remnants of the mother plant. Wanted to post this here to let the community know the pine in the ptg seems to carry over in the progeny. I have a few more seeds and some stored pollen from the two male ptg I plan to use in other crosses.

20240215_083351.jpg
20240213_092250.jpg
20240213_092201.jpg
20240215_083935.jpg
20240215_084217.jpg
20240215_084140.jpg

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
A beautiful plant and beautifully grown...K+

Great job to VG also

This ptg pollinated plant is right at week 8 and will be harvested in next couple days by the looks of it. The mom plant had a sweet kushy nose with a bit of fuel. The ptg has passed on the pine and fuel in a big way as what's coming off the plant when she's disturbed is pine followed by fuel and some remnants of the mother plant. Wanted to post this here to let the community know the pine in the ptg seems to carry over in the progeny. I have a few more seeds and some stored pollen from the two male ptg I plan to use in other crosses.

View attachment 18960491 View attachment 18960492 View attachment 18960493 View attachment 18960494 View attachment 18960495 View attachment 18960496

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's great to hear @Jahaze, thanks for letting us see the finishing plant - you must be very pleased with that cross.. i hope it smokes as good as it looks ! :tiphat:
shout out to @Tonygreen for the Gorilla Bubble and indeed @Lean Green for his work on the Pine Tar Kush and indeed we should mention Tom Hill as well !
VG

Latest posts

Latest posts