What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
They don’t give a shit about small growers but they certainly would like to disrupt your seed supply and stop you from getting good advice on forums.
Are you forgetting that they sprayed paraquat all over Central American fields, knowing Americans would smoke it anyway.
Imagine you have a job where your entire life lead you to being a lying asshole and then you found out you could get paid for hippie bashing. A lot of people can’t turn that down, the job, or the voice in their heads telling them how righteous they are.
u think they give a shit about the 10 seeds i will buy - i doubt it

when did they spray paraquat over central america ??? 10-15-20-25yrs ago... come on - weed ain't the problem....

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Mex_reefer_drytimes (2).JPG

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Do you work for MonSamTo? :biggrin:
Nah still self employed....but if I sometimes meet some big player from big chem/pharma industry that wants to make big money out of cannabis.
I have devils plan for it.
😈
This industry is going in wrong direction if you look for profit.
It can be much more profitable than it is.

Rgd

Veteran
about to clone the uptown purps
i think i know the one i loved
might as well clone harlem dreams

all of piffcoasterz were potent
i am just looking for one i like best

ps

found the bag of cbh1x ohz
i made two years ago
gonna be a good 420

weedape

Now that the Cuban black haze cut is making its rounds, I’m curious if anyone here has reversed it with any luck, and what if any plants were receptive to their pollen donation?
I get that this would make a feminized batch of beans, which got me thinking that maybe Piff was such a product with that being the reason no one could line breed it’s very specific traits for so long.

Rgd

Veteran
Now that the Cuban black haze cut is making its rounds, I’m curious if anyone here has reversed it with any luck, and what if any plants were receptive to their pollen donation?
I get that this would make a feminized batch of beans, which got me thinking that maybe Piff was such a product with that being the reason no one could line breed it’s very specific traits for so long.
I have reversed s1’s of cbh so it means it was previously reversed
I have made crosses but I am more interested in whats inside cbh
and there are sure a few different ones in there

weedape

Rgd, I’m sure there are some very intriguing expressions in the s1’s, and that may be a good starting point. However, I’m more interested in how it recombines with haze C progeny, as Nevil had stated that inbreeding hazes brings out cat piss, which I already can easily find. Maybe selfing first would be okay, or provide something more unique, so I won’t disregard your information.

need4weed

Veteran
I've tried countless samples of haze from the east coast over the last several years. Grown out hundreds and hundreds of "piff" type seeds and am currently running flower from A5 and a lot of the "piff" moms being discussed here. I've grown the "piff s1", Cuban Black Haze, JJs Nigerian, Bandaid Haze and a bunch of "piff" type clones as well. Not saying "piff" is my focus cuz it's not. I'm just into haze in general and looking for haze effects more then anything else. But I definitely have a baseline and working understanding of the "piff" profile that's being discussed here.

That said, IMO "Piff" is just a narrative. It's a marketing gimmick and that's about it.

"Piff" is a moving target that can be what ever these LARPers and seed hustlers need it to be in any given situation. Sometimes "piff" is a specific clone.....until you smoke the clone and find out it's weak....then they say piff is just a terp profile, and it's actually this other clone over here....once you smoke all the clones it goes back to legend stories and they just keep moving the target.

The real problem is that CBH from Florida is just the haze that survived until present day. It's not the legendary NYC haze of the past which was most likely Nevils Haze and disappeared from the market years ago. CBH was just one of the Haze C hybrids from that era that survived. So trying to prop up the CBH as the legendary NYC haze has been the hustle since Nuggets CBH showed up on the scene back in 2019.

The reality is that it's all basically Dutch Haze bag seed rebranded....and at the same time they gotta make is seem superior to Dutch Haze somehow.

If you zoom out from all the hype and legend stories and just base it on how things smoke and what mom's exist in real life.....the Dutch Haze scene and the West Coast are on a whole different level. The best cuts of CBH are a notch down from Nevils cuts or the various haze clones from the west coast. I've grown them side by side so I don't have to speculate or try to decode some bullshit from phylos to figure out which one smokes better.

This is why "Piff" needs to stay a moving target. Once people figure out there are better sources for dutch haze the "piff" hustle implodes. Now that the CBH clone is sold commercially the clock is ticking. People are starting to grow it out next to other hazes and it's not measuring up.

That's why the narrative is on the move again. Now it's a secret batch of haze A seeds that Nevil sold only in New York.....or maybe it's the African haze that was the "Real Piff"....

Either way the important thing to remember is that "piff" was the best haze on earth. You we're never cool enough to try it back in the day.....nothing you are currently growing is as good as "piff" and piffcoast is the guy who saved haze and has the best "piff" for sale in seed form. As long as you go along with that narrative then you will have no drama.

Question the narrative or ask for proof....then they say you're just a hater. Lol

In short..."Piff" = Cool Story Bro
What this guy said. I'm with him

need4weed

Veteran
If weed is pdydelic it must be strong.
Psydelics are like that "stony" and psydelic.
If you want positive weed and euphoric.
There is no better weed than skunk 1 or orange bud for that.
Agreed, but where do you find the real deal orange bud? I remember smoking with my ex girlfriends brother out in Spain when we were there on holidays. We were smoking on some outdoor sativa, it was really social and not over powering. It came in waves over the course of 4 hours, my type of weed. Anyways, we were chatting, and he said that his most favourite bud from the last 40 years of smoking was california orange bud.

THCity

Thing it has to do with it taking 100+ days to finish, most people look for cultivars to finish in 60-70. I personally cannot wait to flower this cut out, just took a nice clone session yesterday 👍🏼

Piff_cat

@Rgd hyp3rids has done a ton of cool work on the CBH s1/s2 and they post the female selections right on the page, even sell individual female phenos all put to their"cuban blood haze" male which is a cbh x sawa 2
1694891846772.png

1694891870033.png

1694891910179.jpeg

1694891942387.jpeg

1694891974289.png

montana my favorite
1694892026241.png

1694892045997.png

1694892067318.png

all these s2 females were put to the cbh blood male which was found in a cbh outcross to sawa2. this type of breeding is exactly what nevil did with outback when he injected the 78tia into 97 nh
using 2 full female siblings (nh21, nh35) and tia sandwiched inbetween

outback =nh21 (78 tia x nh35reversed). except in this case a true male was used in first outcross instead of nh35 (reversed female) even the outback name describes this method outcross x backcross
love hyp3rids work

the blood male
1694892579169.jpeg

1694892643617.jpeg

THCity

What this guy said. I'm with him
I’m from jersey city right by Manhattan. Growing up piff was slang for the fire. Which was usually at that time haze but wasn’t specified to haze .. it’s a grey area I guess but when I first seen all these piff cuts, it got my attention; as what good marketing should do lol.

THCity

@Rgd hyp3rids has done a ton of cool work on the CBH s1/s2 and they post the female selections right on the page, even sell individual female phenos all put to their"cuban blood haze" male which is a cbh x sawa 2
View attachment 18891094
View attachment 18891097

View attachment 18891098
View attachment 18891099
View attachment 18891100

montana my favorite
View attachment 18891101
View attachment 18891102

View attachment 18891104

all these s2 females were put to the cbh blood male which was found in a cbh outcross to sawa2. this type of breeding is exactly what nevil did with outback when he injected the 78tia into 97 nh
using 2 full female siblings (nh21, nh35) and tia sandwiched inbetween

outback =nh21 (78 tia x nh35reversed). except in this case a true male was used in first outcross instead of nh35 (reversed female) even the outback name describes this method outcross x backcross
love hyp3rids work

the blood male
View attachment 18891109

View attachment 18891110

What’s up brother? Long time no talk lol I wound up finding the PCG CBH. Haven’t flowered her yet but when I do I was debating on reversing it for that same purpose of trying to find a pure haze pheno. Keep on keeping on my dude, loving the work 🙌

Rgd

Veteran
hyp3rids has done a ton of cool work on the CBH s1/s2 and they post the female selections right on the page, even sell individual female phenos all put to their"cuban blood haze" male which is a cbh x sawa 2
thanks ..interesting..I sent him cbh selfed seed..the sawa sounds interesting.

the first photo looks more like the s1 cut I kept..

I culled more meaty more resinous more potent s1’s due to too much sedation for me..

I even found Ohz,Panama,BH7 too sedating..haha..

I grow for my head only and want almost zero sedation

those are sure beautiful photo's

thanks again

ps

I have rooted cuts of

the one Uptown Haze pheno loved ..I hope I chose the same one..

its had big non sedation and high euphoria possibilities

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts