What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Did you sample any special Haze flowers or extracts at Piffcon ? , if so from who.

I was honestly shocked I didn't hear more about Special Haze flowers at the show , i not heard no bad talk at all but thought I would of heard alot more praise of flowers/extracts sampled
The brown haze from Branson 215 farms was amazing....
The redline haze from piffcoast was note worthy
I had a gg4 x cbh

I was realy hoping to meet up with you there so we could talk cheese too, but J did a good job representing your company.

I gotta be honest tho the peanut butter breath was my champion tho. My wife and I were at the piffcoast table and she says to me "smell this one" I said ohhh she said "I want this one".

I still have the bag it came in...

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Just spent a day and a half re reading this WHOLE shebang. I suggest you all do the same. Theres a few years there where I went silent and it seems people were arguing for arguments sake... and the thread gets a little lame.

But all in all, its as epic as it gets. With random people chiming in at times to make prophetic statments that are still coming to fruition.
The NYC pif already has plenty of story lol. 20 yrs from now, the pif story may lead right back to ART and IC
That was 2008. The story is still writing itself on my end. I have 5 more years according to that math.
I'm sure some of you have been wondering where the fuck I went... and I suppose it's time to crack my knuckles and tell the story...
Violent felonies long story short. It almost cost me my whole life. I was fighting a case being offered 7 years and doomed for football numbers if I blew trial... thoughts of coming home to a 14 year old daughter who would want nothing to do with me pervaded everything. Nightmares of having to handle business up top... never to come home... shit changed me.

Luckily this was during a time when the evidence processing and storage system was having major issues in my precint and the chain of custody that followed the major evidence they had obtained on me was broken, rendering it useless in a court of law. Thank the gods. Offer was immediatley reduced to a six/5 (6 months in/5 years felony probation) which I jumped at.

Things went well for a while as I tried to rebuild and get back to where I once was. I got a bit distracted sipping on vials of LSD follwing friends around and talking about flowers, but I wouldn't call it wasted time. Met some great folks who I have kept in touch with and may have a role in my story in the future... many of you are reading this right now. Chime in and say hello.

It's time to revive this place... IC Mag I mean. FUCK Instagram. I MEAN FUCK IT! I understand its marketing value... but it consists of custies and children. All the legacy growers, all of the real shakers and movers in the industry... got their start on here and before that Overgrow.com. That's not to say there are not cool people everywhere but you all know what I am saying. We used to meet in the shadows and when the lights came on we all scurried away like roaches and hid, and the dance floor was left wide open for the era of EGO POT. The platform doesn't even support us. They flag us, ban us, report us to LE. Gypsy has proven no one is touching these servers. I'm bringing it back here. I'll still use IG for what it is, but fuck there is no love and little good information.

Got hemmed up with a Whizzinator at probation and the judge remanded me for 6 more months. So a whole god damn year in PLUS the 5 years probation and I'm having some regrets... had to go to a 28 day rehab and the whole nine.... I was literally Dave Chapell telling people I was there for "tetrahydracannabinol" and I got a few crack heads wondering and one even touted "OHhhh babby!!! That's that new shit!!" lmfao Quite the memorable moment!

Got all that behind me now. So far I can't even see it in the rear view and a saying comes to mind... "The things we had to do in survival mode no longer serve us when we begin to thrive". I made it through darkness most will never witness and came out of it with a ride or die woman who about to have my 3rd child in 3 more weeks. Now that thats all been settled.... I'm able to get back to what has always driven me the most... CANNABIS CULTIVATION.

And now at this stage in my life, I am the ultimate beast. I can build almost anything. I can install HVAC, electrical, plumbing profesionally. I shook hands with Miami Mango and spoke about it. He had heard of me from this thread.

And now Piff Coast has taken this scene by storm! I am not a hater. I am proud of him and the work he's put in. A few of you have already asked me.... what I think. I am happy! I do not know the man personally but we have chatted a few times and I copped a few packs of beans from him (I $upport him) He even sent me a piff sample along with them. I was unable to make it to the first 2 Piffcons mostly because I was still in the process of getting my grow back in order. I have teamed up with a partner who may or may not decide to reveal himself but its all pretty fucking epic.

We are finishing the build on the FIRST of ITS KIND (in our geographical area) cannabis lounge. Very high end feel, very eclectic vibe, all around amazing venue. I'll be making announcements on the grand opening as it approaches. January 2024 is what we are shooting for. South of Miami, FL btw... You know I had to come kick it with my hermanos de Cuba... ;) There could also be a 4-20 event this April depending I will also keep you posted on that.

It's still a wierd feeling for me to be "out in the open". Everything is being cultivated legally in NY and the FL lounge is for "medical patients only". Just to be clear.

So thats it for now I need a bowl of some PIFF!!!!

And thankfully I just pulled some 100 day Tres Haze and I have to admit... this one does it for me. She's got the right amount of piffyness along with a fruity melon or mango that I'm really digging. The affect is nice and soaring, long lasting and up. Alot of what I love from sativa. I wish I would have had a bit of a better run with her buy I have my bearing and I'll definately be running her again.

Stay up and STAY TUNED PEEPS! MUCH LOVE!

full

full

full

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
To further prove my point regarding varying flowering periods and the vast difference in final product, here is a short story. This literally happened 2 days ago.

Some friends from NY came to visit us down in S. S. FL. They've been long time cannabis enthusiasts and know what Piff and Uptown Haze is. They miss it so much they fell for an inferior product. My buddy came across and purchased this in Manhattan. He said it came from a "legit dispensary" but (lmao) we all know what that could possibly mean in the current climate. A spruced up bodega with new, very bright, LED signage, a completley fake dispensary just operating out in the open with thier balls out, or at the bottom of the list an actual legit legal dispensary. Whatever the case, this cost $75.

Sorry if you own or work at this place but also, fuck you step ya game up! Lower East Side Gas Station on 40 Clinton Street. You have landed on the PIFF WALL OF SHAME....:ROFLMAO:

full

full

Some close ups so you can REALLY see the boof-packness of it all.

full

full

This is what they are calling it over at New York Cannabis. Haze with a big ole TM behind it. LMFAO!!! If only it were THAT easy....... mutha fuckas would have BEEN had this locked down.

full

There is no mistake. What is inside that pouch is certainly Cuban Black Haze. I held it in my hand. I broke it apart. I did not smoke it. lol. I assume someone found it growing on the side of the road and pulled it around day 70 but I may be wrong. :D Jokes aside, I do wonder who the fuck has access to such an absolute gem of a cultivar and disrespects it so much.

If I had to guess, the same people responsible for me getting the old bait N switch up top when I would go uptown to cop. Lazy Cubans. lmfao. The same ones who would sneak a few 70 day packs in with the 100 day packs. The resulting shit rolling downhill meant I should have asked the man for 28 DIMES and not an ounce when I was a teenager. That request would allow the bamboozling to occur.

"I'm a sucka for a bag of haze from one twenty fifth.
But only if its silver man. No not that bait N switch.
Them homies up top baitin. Like they baitin' fish.
They wait and wait and wiait. And then they hit ya with the stick.
Pinata on that ass like they was celebrating shit.
I wish I coulda told him "this will never make you rich"
but fuck all the scolding, couple felons on this bitch" ART

I leave you with this last photo. A clear distinction between Cuban Black Haze taken at approximately (obviously I have to guess) 70-80 days and some taken at 113 (that particular sample) that I grew personally.

full

It takes a certain type of cultivator with true gusto and grit to attempt to master the 120 and up day varieties. This much I know. Salute all my HAZE HEADS! And please don't cop your Haze at the lower east side gas station!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Cuban Black Haze
17 Weeks

full

I've yet to see anyone pull her at 17 weeks without any battle scars. Watch me do it next run. This plant is a powerhouse. A truly special specimen.

She has anti microbial properties like none other. Fan leaves (even small ones that are incorporated into a bud) can die and decompose within her with hardly any risk of bacterial or fungal growth. One plant in particular this run went into her death cycle 2 weeks earlier and stopped drinking water. I actually had to get in there and cut her out from fear of boytris or some other constantly present spore taking hold and ruining other plants. My fear was unfounded as I thoroughly examined every suspect piece of her. NOTHING TOOK HOLD. No puffs of "smoke", no foul odor. I even microscoped areas of necrosis and found NOTHING.

You heard it here first. If there are ever more advanced studies and examinations of the actual compounds that make up this plant.... we will find it has properties like that of tea tree oil etc. I told you so.

full

Just look at those trichromes POP as the vegetative material shrinks from drying!!!!

You NEVER got a bag on ANY block that was taken the full 17 weeks. You want some. Trimming her up in another week or so and then samples to the homies because a man needs some damn confirmation he is on the path.

I might start another thread documenting my next CBH run. Or I could just keep it here. Let me know what yall think.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Got to pay the bills.
Sunset Sherbert about 75 days.
Stuff is very tastey but all these varieties have way too much empty internodal space. I want to grow NUGS not STEMS. Almost anything cookies touches turns it into this crappy structure.

I remember when the forum cut first came around and it was going to TOP TOP dollar because it YIELDED SO MUCH LESS. Then after a while... people would say "oh she can put out but you have to dial her in" I saw a few do okay with her. I remember the first time I was offered her early on I declined because of her yield. Its something they have remedied with sterile soil meduims and chemcials. Those commercial rooms look the stage for a woman's wieghtlifters competition. Shit is not appealing if you know what you're looking at.

full

full

Vegging out a spectacular CBH mom at the moment. Getting ready to do the pollen deeds.

Rgd

Veteran
just put 4 uptown purps cuts in the flower room..if they’re as good as the early sample i got before the timer screw up I may haver a keeper for life..
yeh well..l hope so anyway

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
lester - appreciate you. it took alot to get back to it and it feels amazing. crazy how much this industry has changed and continues to. back when this thread was started there WAS NO industry. The team is doing some big things for the culture be on the look out.

Rgd - I know the feeling! "this is the ONE" luckily for us there's always the never ending search to keep us occupied for life. and hey... we might find a few nice ones along the way. i got one or 2. ;)

I'm feeling amazing lately. So much good to come. TURN ON. TUNE IN. DROP OUT.

PiffCoastFarms

Was able to score this cut. Believe it is from piffcoast farms. Labeled Metallic Frankencense , said nl5xhaze. said a 65-70 day.

Trying to learn abit more on the background.

Pictures just after a much needed transplant and was abit to close to the leds.

full

full
Looks like the pc3, and she did take first place in the under 75 day category shoutout lobster fam farms 🙌🙌🙌 much love to all piff heads

420empire

Veteran
Give it a new name bro, could be: ´Jesus walks ´ ;)
Just kiddin. Only tried CBH "knock off" though some of them had sandelwood smell and a lovely high. So as always I will ask my silly q´s. Do any of you have a plan to breed this in to a stable line..? I´am on the other side of the pond, and fucking tired of cereal milk, runtz, dutch stuff, and what not... Your spot on Art! those cookies plants yield shit! I have never understood why they didn´t just backcrossed it with big bud or something, it could be done, Just a question bout money and time..
A last note from here is the CBH actually from the Dutch strain base? just wonder, so many opinions. Keep up the lovely updates.

Rgd

Veteran
so many opinions..................

I have grown out 6 of 9 DJM cbh s1’s..lots of Interesting variation..[3 more left]

my chosen Piffcoaster’s uptown purps cut accidentally got some sts on one branch..

I see fem pods captain!..I will have a few copies of this one besides the clones I have growing

I sure hope its the right one I chose..one early sample before the timer fkup had everything going for it

unfortunately my brain only defines greatness aftertax least joint three..

but joint #1 was all I had and it was awesome
cereal milk, runtz,

Me <---nah..tried modern stuff...it has everything except what I really want

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Anyone tried kief or some other extract from these kind of piff strains? imagine it could be delightfull. 👽