What's new

PICO loves you more....Now with 12 lights!

pico

Veteran
Have I ever mentioned I can procrastinate.....a lot? I have been putting off some work in the room, been busy with other random stuff, but I should have made time. I did a bunch of work today, but have more to get done tomorrow. As you can see, I have about 10 lights worth of plants that are flowering under 4 lights. Out of control in there. No problem, I will spread them out under the nets and all will be fine. Not optimal, but they will come back no problem. They are 3 weeks in to flower or something like that, I don't even remember when I changed the lights over.

Here is the G13

and here is the Mazar

Ok, the buckets are great. Besides setting them up, I just filled up the reservoir once and that is it. They could have grown faster if I kept the res full all the time, and if I didn't have a crappy dual 600 ballast over the top of them for the first few weeks. I gave them a couple thousand watters and they blew up. Probably even too big. I added another light to this side of the room and now have three 1000w super sun 2s over the buckets. I wanted to fit 4000w over the tops of these buckets, but I don't really have the space. We are up to 13 lights in this grow now, which is enough.

So today I trimmed the Cheese clones in the buckets, here is a picture of one plant trimmed, and one not trimmed. I noticed I never even topped these plants. They have a nice bushy growth pattern without topping, very nice.

Now here is this area getting cleaned up a bit.

Now with the plants in there

pico

Veteran
Got those plants on the 4 tables spread out today. Under 8 lights now with nets. I will take some pictures this weekend.

The buckets are under 3 lights and I think I am going to spread them out to 5 lights. I have 13 lights total up and ready to burn.

pico

Veteran
Pilot keeps going out on my damn Green Air Co2 generator. Anyone else had that problem? I wonder if it is just dirty inside there and needs a cleaning. Started happening after I got this new badass AC unit,so maybe when that turns on, it blows out the pilot.

P

Purple_trees

Hey pico.. Are you goin to ever air cool those hoods? If not i would remove the glass. After i did i noticed a difference. It diffuses the light a bunch

U

unta

Pico procrastinates for a while then come out of nowhere with an amazing updated and new plants or new something. I'll just be here waiting...

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tables and buckets ... very cool . I run the same thing only on a bit smaller scale .... very cool thread ... Thanks for sharing with us all :)

M

manwithnoname

i'm guessing updates take the backburner when you have that much going on.

that electric bill has to be freaking huge! but the payoff probably is too :woohoo:

i love my ebb and gro bucket system, except one of the cheap ass pumps gets a little wacky sometimes and i have to give it a few light slams to get it back on track. it will leave my buckets full. bastard

pico

Veteran
Worked great the first round. Second round I moved the buckets to a new room and had to leave town. In the rush, I didn't notice the floor had a bit of a slope to it. So the plants at the bottom were sitting in water. I ended up getting some root rot that is going to hurt my yield a lot. I have the 3rd round vegging out in buckets right now, and I will fix the water level problem. We shall see. They should do great.

They are easy to use, I love just having a reservoir outside the room, instead of one on the floor under the tables. Much more efficient use of water I think. They are kind of a pain in the ass because you have to clean them really well each round, but that isn't a huge deal. I also replace the tubing each round, but I suppose this isn't mandatory.

I will post pictures as this new round gets underway and we will see how it comes out. I also have some coco plants about to be flowered.