What's new

PICO loves you more....Now with 12 lights!

pico

Veteran
Step right up boys and girls. A new show is about to hit the block. New and improved with more watts for your pleasure.

Using the same room as my last 3 grows, but things have changed a lot so we are starting a new thread.

12 lights, 10,400 watts.
4ton Excel Air Stealth AC unit
Green air Co2 generator
Super Sun 2 reflectors
ebb flow tables
My DIY PVC trellis
CAP PPM-3 CO2 monitor/controller
Santa Fe Dehumidifier
House and Garden Nutrients
Coco/hydroton mix
2 gallon smart pots

This run I will be trying some new strains. G13 and Mazar. Hope they are good.

Ok, be back soon with pictures and more info.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Aw crap! Like your last grow didn't make me feel unworthy enough ... :badday: Mommmmie, Pico's showing off again.

pico

Veteran
Ok, I snapped off a picture of my little clones I just transplanted. Sorry about the HPS color, makes them look like crap.

I will take more pictures in a few days, not much to see yet.

I will be doing a bunch of coco/hydroton ebb flow, but I also just bought an 18 bucket Ebb and Grow system. Paid 460 brand new. I will be filling these buckets with Cheese clones.

So now we are running Cheese, Mazar, and G13. Maybe some more pablo skunk.

Ok, here is the picture of my new little babies.
12245303X7192.JPG

Stay posted for pictures of the room. I just need to clean it up after this last round before I show it off. A bit dirty up in that beast.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tagged

Tagged

Nice and early. My first Pico show.

Good luck to you P

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
joining in .....and on the frontrow hehehe....clones are looking good!!

Last edited:
B

badugi

Did you pick up those Mazar and G13 clones locally from an advertised source? If you got 'em from where I think you got 'em, I thought I saw some "bad reviews" on 'em for a while. :confused: Maybe I'm mistaken.

Is this the end of the Pablo Skunk, or just on the back burner for now?

How's that Excel Air unit working out?

In the Ebb & Grow system, will you be doing coco/hydroton or hydroton only (or other)?

I know you played with different coco mixes in the past, including a pre-mixed bag that had perlite & mycorrhizae added (perhaps other stuff?). Are you using "pure" loose bagged coco (if so, what brand) and adding hydroton, or using the previous perlite/myco + hydroton?

What differences did you note with hydroton added in? How does the hydroton mix compare to the perlite/myco mix?

Are those 3 gallon smart pots? :chin:

Finally... I see you're running a lot more plants per table than previously (4). Or are you just vegging in a more dense configuration to avoid wasting lights, to be spread out later?

Last edited:
B

badugi

One more: what's the SEER on that Excel Air unit? Does the Stealth version (only diff. is sound housing, right?) affect the SEER?

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Hey Pico! Your grows have been an inspiration to me... and a great learning tool. Glad to be catching this one from the start! The Mazar i grew from a Dutch Passion cut was impression in yield and stone. Almost Narcotic. Good Luck!

- NGW

HAPPYTREE

Tagged :lurk:
always gr8 to watch a pico grow but new and improved .....should be awesome.

Be safe
HT:rasta:

Last edited:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
steppin in, grabbin a seat, and getting ready for a nice show:rasta:
Looking forward to what you're gonna be showing us Pico!
be well

pico

Veteran
Excel Air unit works amazing. Worth every penny. Although between that unit and all the lights the electric bill is out of control.

Ebb n Grow system will be just hydroton.

Smart pots are filled with Canna coco and hydroton. The perlite stuff worked well, but I think I like it a little looser with the ebb flow system. Plus, I can't get that stuff anymore it is in another state.

Yes, they are 3 gallon smart pots, I really like these units. Don't break down like the coco pots towards the end of the run. I am reusing them and hope they will last for years.

I think the SEER is 13 on this unit, something like that. Don't think the stealth affects the unit. The Excel guys are very helpful on the phone and can answer all these questions better than me, but I think I am right.

I am just vegging those plants on 2 tables right now because they are small. They will be spread out soon enough. I will be running more plants per light than last time as I think the yield will be better. I like the ebb flow tables, but they have their limits. Can't do big plants as effectively as other systems, like the ebb n flow bucket I imagine. So I will be doing more like 9 plants per light this time around.

B

badugi

One last thing: did you install the Excel Air unit yourself? Did you have much previous experience with split units?

From what little vague information I can gather, the Excel Air unit has refrigerant pre-charged in the line and sealed so that when it's connected, there is no vacuum pumping required? I thought that was one of the selling points of the unit, or did I misinterpret that?

Thanks for the answers.

pico

Veteran
Installed it myself and no previous split system experience. I am pretty handy, but this really was pretty simple. Just some basic wrenches and a friend to help you move the big ac pieces. You do need to do some electrical wiring too, but that isn't too difficult either.

Yeah, pre charged coolant lines. That and the silenced compressor are the only reason to buy this unit over a regular unit. If you know how to run coolant through the lines and don't care if it makes a bit of noise, you can save a couple bucks by going with a regular unit.