What's new

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
This guy was right on target.
But got banned, stange how that happened.

This is the big problem. Someone gets something for nothing. Patents, Breeder's rights, IP etc. Information gleaned from this project goes directly into a small group of peoples hands for the possibility of long-term future profiteering. Now some may say these people are legends of Cannabis game and they deserve this because of all the hardwork they put in already. Yes they have done a lot for Cannabis today and we have to thank them for that. But do they deserve the possibility of monopolizing the industry for future generations? I think not.

Furthermore as Tom Hill also mentions when you extract and store the DNA you have in your hands the genetic material of 1000s of plants to use how you see fit for further genetic analysis and even gene cloning (to make your own GM super cannabis) and for gene therapy via plasmid vectors etc. This is all readily doable with today's technology even if it may not have been done before.

Sams response:
WTF??? Big problem??? I get no patents, breeders rights. IP etc. Information gleaned will be shared, and no plants grown or regenerated, if they even can be I will not do it.

This guy knew what was up from the start:
I think your missing the point or being deliberately naive. One extracts the DNA. It gets stored for eternity. It gets sequenced and analyzed. Novel genes are discovered. The novel genes get "cloned" (and usually patented) and stored in a DNA library. Unfortunately this is the basic blueprint for the majority of genetic "research". Since the genes encode the functional products of the plant you have the capability of reproducing any desirable traits in another plant (via plasmid vector) bypassing the need to regenerate via cellular proliferation.

The level of clueless-ness about you and your post is pretty amazing to me. Maybe if you took the time to spend the three years at a Tertiary education institution and obtain a degree in Molecular Genetics you'd understand the potential SS and RCC have in their hands.

Patent law has ruined the world we live in today. Greedy individuals and corporations continue to bleed to working class dry on the backs of patents for generations and perpetuate a poverty cycle for many. I am wholly against anyone having any patents for anything at all and that includes breeder's rights.

Yes I did read the opening post and most of the thread. If your so naive to believe that everyone does everything they say they are going to do and that people don't lie or deceive others when it suits them or they have something to gain I'm not going to waste my time talking to you ...

shaggyballs

Veteran
I found this buried in the conspiracy thread.
I figured I would put it in a place that is on topic.
Nothing but facts here no conspiracy needed.

The old thread is not intact.
It has been edited to the max.
Almost every post says:

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 12-06-2014 at 10:34 PM..
Sam says
"Your fears are for nothing"

the posts I saw deleted weren't off subject. Just a part of the discussion you apparently don't want to have, for some reason

If there is nothing to hide or to be worried about than why the deleted posts.

this attitude of shut up don't ask any questions just send me your seeds is the wrong approach.
The kind of people who have spent years collecting and preserving landraces are very passionate about what we do.
As well as not trusting of others intentions.

Some sent their live seeds directly to sam.
Quote sam
I can have live seeds DNA extracted here in the Netherlands

I wonder what happened to that live DNA that could be grown?

shaggyballs

Veteran
This question went unanswered.

Bull shit you can not patent anything in public domain, you are just wrong again.

This may be true, but just alter the terp profile and you have something that is new and never seen before.
An ultra high terp level not found anywhere else.
This should not be real hard to do right?
Or even a ratio of terps not found in nature.

Would this then be up for a patent?

Enough pissing let us cut to the chase then.

Do you really expect the world to believe you got dupped even with folks warning you along the way?

And you had no idea of the future plans of the Phylos project even though you had a partnership?

This is hard for me to swallow.

And to say The Phylos info is not useful is a joke!
Phylos themselves claim in three years they are gonna set the world on fire.

I guess in 3-5 years we will know the truth on how valuable that info really was.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Yes I was maybe dupped, I was a victim if it is proven that PHYLOS had this plan from day one
-SamS

Well here is what chimera has to say to you being dupped!

Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

What did you guys think Phylos going to do with the data behind the Galaxy.... a tool without a use. There was always a bigger play. You can't have a business if there is no service.... a company that doesn;t do anything? Pfffttt...

So sam what is your response to one of your own peers saying you should have known.
It is here in black and white.

You are claiming the victim when you of all people should have known better.

Just ask Chimera he will tell ya!

What did you guys think Phylos going to do with the data behind the Galaxy.... a tool without a use. There was always a bigger play.

These guys all knew what was possible don't let them fool you for 1 new york min.

These folks that are highly educated in the field of cannabis say they were taken advantage of???
But

kevin jodrey says he knew what phylos was up to from the start!
Chimera did too!
Sam did not??

Meanwhile everyday stoner types with no insight into the cannabiz saw it coming a mile away.

Hard to swallow anyway you cut it.
The way I see it you folks are now trying to cover your asses.

You say you had no clue but when folks posted this was a scam the posts were deleted.
If you would not have deleted the post maybe you would have known.
Many people tied to warn you but they got banned.
Maybe tell the mod to stop deleteing important information and banning the folks with good information.
This way you will know in advance like the rest of us did.
Maybe if you would stop dismissing everyone as morons and open your eyes you woulld see the world as it really is.

It was a scam from the start and all parties knew it, no doubt!

Feel free to explain to us all how you were dupped when folks were screaming at the top of their lungs....SCAM!

I guess you thought they were chanting SAM!:biggrin:

If you are still playing the victim here?
I aint buying it, not one bit!

shaggyballs

Veteran
If this was done I would happily drop the issue.

So, if Sam was being the 'useful idiot' in unknowingly recruiting genetic donors for a dishonest organization, did he apologize for being the bridge between the 2 groups?

I was wondering the same but I would not expect it.
I think, he thinks he is above that.

That was why i asked.... not to flame against Sam, just because an apology can go a very long way and a reluctance to apologize can go a very long way in the opposite direction.

If i was Sam i would make an apology thread but i'm not Sam and i didn't send anything to him so i'm really not concerned either way, it just seems that some people are. :dunno:

Cheesegez

im surprised ya"ll didn't see this shit coming... give us all your genetics , we will keep them safe muhahaaa

id said this the minute I seen their pathetic attempt of the pyhlos galaxy , clever way off collecting genetics tho, check mate.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
What a shame to hear this. This project had such monumental potential and it's dreadful to hear of this.

Read this article a while back which correlates to everything going on with Phylos.
https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/05/...ed-business-went-from-down-home-to-cutthroat/

Beth Schechter worked for Phylos and seems to be an amazing person. She was all about the grassroots element of cannabis and being able to spread genetics.

Buy seeds, folks.

As long as we keep growing our own, we'll be smoking our own.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That patent page of this bunch patenting grow methods (stick a seed in the ground, water, wait?), have a couple of strains granted patents, last month, while the people were hiding at home.

plant named ‘LEMON CRUSH OG’
Patent number: PP31535
Abstract: The present invention provides a new and distinct cannabis cultivar designated as ‘LEMON CRUSH OG’. The main terpenes found in ‘LEMON CRUSH OG’ are limoene, beta-caryophyllene, alpha-humulene, linalool, trans-ocimene, beta-pinene, fenchol, alpha-terpineol, alpha-pinene and myrcene. The estimated concentration of the total THCmax, CBDmax, and CBGmax is about 18.77-23.19%, about 0%, and about 0.98-1.78%, respectively, at the time of assaying metabolites from flower samples of ‘LEMON CRUSH OG’. Harvest interval, i.e. at 56-70 days under short day conditions.
Type: Grant
Filed: March 16, 2018
Date of Patent: March 10, 2020
Assignee: Biotech Institute LLC
Inventors: Mark A. Lewis, Steven Haba

plant named ‘GRAPE LOLIPOP’
Patent number: PP31707
Abstract: The present invention provides a new and distinct cannabis cultivar designated as ‘GRAPE LOLIPOP’. Disclosed herein are main terpenes of ‘GRAPE LOLIPOP’, which are myrcene, limonene, beta-caryophyllene, alpha-pinene, alpha-humulene, beta-pinene, and linalool. Also, the present invention provides the estimated concentration of the THCmax, CBDmax, and CBGmax, about 3.09-7.59%, about 9.97-16.68% and about 0.21-0.70% respectively, at the time of assaying metabolites from flower samples of ‘GRAPE LOLIPOP’.
Type: Grant
Filed: August 28, 2018
Date of Patent: April 28, 2020
Assignee: Biotech Institute, LLC
Inventors: Mark Anthony Lewis, Steven Robert Haba

In the case of the phylos greed, it's always nice to be able to put a face to a name.

You never know when you will run onto someone famous.

Mowgli Holmes

picture.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts