What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PhillyPride-The Crosses- Bubba-OG-STD-others

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Philly you give me a lot of inspiration with that Cocktail Frank stock. Righteous shit for sure!!!

That Strawberry Diesel x abusive Kushage is making me wanna rent some space!
I just have a question, what are the genetics behind the Abusive Kushage? Maybe Cocktail would know better? i'm not sure, just curious as to the background of this cross!!
Thanks
Have a happy new year!

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
So it's safe to say that this cross could have a few different phenos...hmm
we all need to pop these beans and find out the best one!

I would like to find the sour strawberry haze one!
that would probably be kept in the garden for a loooong time!

Thanks for the info Frank! i just thought he was typing "Strawberry Diesel x Abusive KushAGE" not KushAZE

- SubN

Thanks everybody for the kind words! The Bubba Has been drying for 10 days but they still need another 5-7days of drying. I usually dry for anywhere from 10days-20days until I get that real nice snap on the stems, I remember when I used to dry for 3 days and call it a day lol :puppydoge

Sub-Yes I would Highly advise popping all of the beans they are true treats and to tell the truth their is not to much difference between the different pheno's all pretty uniform.

Now I believe that all of the lovely ladies gifted from Cocktail Frank are X Abusive Kushaze I must say that the SSH is the most dominant in all of the strains, I took a small sampling of the Bubba Kush x Abusive Kushaze and Have taken a small nug off of the Wonder Diesel X Abusive Kushaze and the OG x Abusive Kushaze everything strain has that bottom end Haze Flavor and aroma with undertones of other flavors. Being a Haze Man It really brought a smile. :rasta:

I got a little over 3 ozs off of my Blue Mystic lady should have done more :badday: but hey I am sure the rest of the gals should make up for it, Here are a few pics of the Blue Mystic Pre Cure with a little more manicuring needed, (I get lazy so I tend to space out manicuring, sometimes right until I smoke it or give it away). I used to like to keep my nugs big especially the tops but storage became a issue because you just cant stuff as much bud in a mason jar when you have large stems. So now I take every bud off the stem and they are broken into about .5-.8 gram sized nugs perfect for the Mason Jar, I like all sized mason jars but try to stick with the Big tall wide mouth kind!

Piffington and Sub I will have smoke reports in a few weeks I at least want to let them cure 2 weeks after drying!

MoneyMike in the building! whats up bro

I am Even More excited about my next run :dueling: some real incredible genetics to say the least, lets just say :bow: :bow: :headbange Santa said I was good boy this year and the past 30! lol I dont want to post pics just yet because I do not want to jinx the ladies considering they are un-rooted as of yet, but as soon as they get roots I will be posting my usual overload of pics lol

Here goes some Blue Mystic! Happy New Year :wave:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
dude your blue mystic looks awesome!!
Overload of pics? hell na man we can never get enough pics!!

Philly, i am glad that you had such a great run with these strains. Congrats to cocktail frank, the guy can do a lot! If it's your one of your first times creating strains, Cocktail, i must give you props because you seem to know your shit!
I am very happy to hear that all the strains have Haze tones. I love haze. to death. and if all these strains have Haze overtones then we are just bangin on all cylinders.
I really, no, cannot wait to pop these beans!!!!!

Happy New Year buddy! Smoke one for me!!

- SubN

Last edited:
S

stoned teacher

Happy holidays!

Everything looks great PHily...

Looks like you have a lot of incredible bud! That's the way to be in the winter time.

East Coast!

spadedNfaded and stoned teacher Thanks

Did a sample smoke of the Bubba Kush that has been drying for 13 days, one word simply -Incredible- with no cure I allways said Nothing is better than Haze I have been humbled. The Aroma is the same as the super expensive $600-$800oz Super Kushes but even more complex! Heavy tell tale Diesel Fuel Taste and Smell but more tones come in from her lineage, nice hint of haze in both the taste and the room after smoke, really better than
%85 of Kushes I have smoked and that is without a cure simply amazing. I allways pump out alot of resin on my herb it is allways sticky icky icky to the touch but this is completely different the resin turns almost glassy/oily on your fingertips a different type of sticky they type that makes you think you can lick it off something like syrup.

Most Herb gets you High very few even most acclaimed Sativa's give you an Experience not a high, this is herb that makes you feel warm you feel it in your body a really good sensation that I have only experienced with a few Hazes Uptown. I am a pessimist people so understand I was not expecting much, I was only hoping that this Bubba was something like the Kushes I love and enjoy commercially I had no idea that it would totally run laps around them, Genetics are truly everything!
Bag Appeal-10
Taste-9.5-10
Strength-9
Aroma-9.5
Yield-5
Overall-Priceless, after one pull I determined I would grow this no matter what as if my life depended on it no matter what the yield!
Cocktail Frank-Thank You Bro

I recieved some cuts from Santa after Christmas and they are starting to come along I look at it like if they havent died after the first 12 hrs they are going to make it and after 5 days they look like they will be just fine. Cant wait to throw these babies into 7 Gallon pots and rock out! got to have moms of these this family has to stick together!

Pure Kush
Grape APE
Super Silver Haze(SSH)
Pre 98 Bubba Kush
SD IBL
Kali Mist

This stuff is more than a hobby to me more like a way of life I truly love the herb! My dreams have come true I used to say a few years ago that if I could ever get my hands on some real deal -Haze-Urkle/Grandaddy/Ape-or Kush I would be happy for the rest of my life and to think I now have all 3, remember people stay positive-energy is what the universe is made up of and our minds generate nothing but energy you can have it all!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
AAwwwww sheit PhillyPride yeah boyee' glad to hear Santa made it to u good KARMA bro!!!BTW I don't think ur sittin' on the end of the bench NO MO'....Mm F.U.C.K.E.M.

Thanks MoneyMike Karma is what I try and live by

The Bubba is down after a 15 day hang dry ready for cure
Aroma- Diesel with hint of purple family very familiar Kush smell
Taste/Flavor-Exact same as Aroma
Strength-Very Warm and Strong what smoking is all about
Yield-I got 60grams off of 3 plants in 3 gallon pots next run she will move into bigger 7gallon pots. I really cant express that after smoking the bud the yield became irrelevant.

Clearly the best Genetics I have grown. I have never grown herb that tasted this good with no cure what so ever, I smoked some of this with the produce manager at my grocery store I usually get some of my Kushes from and he was stunned, of course he didnt know I grew it lol his first reaction was "Who/Where did you get this from" with a shock of "this is that SUPER Kush" I maintained a calm demeanor of (what this oh yeah this is ok) and told him a friend of mine got it sent to him for christmas. He next responded can he get a few &*^% of this and I told him not that I NO/Know :muahaha:

This after 15 day dry no cure

Some Shake that will be smoked and some collected kief in the background :lurk:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
i can't wait to pop these beans!!!!!
Thank you for the smoke report. I hope that i have that pheno in my beans!

Hey Philly, when you say you got 60gs from 3 plants, were those plants spawned from their own beans? or did you take 3 cuts of a mom?? Thanks!!

- SubN

Sub those 3 were from seed, I took future cuts off of these gals after they were sexed! Wonderful Medicine you will be pleased bro

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Hells yeah philly that looks like the diggety you got thar. Looks like the bubba we get out hear in cali. The real bubba kush at least. We got some fake stuff that people actually buy that me and my buds call bubba push.

Thanks Chubby I sure hope so!

CF-Congrats on your Giants Victory, I will have my Santa Smoke reports starting on Monday, lol you know I am anal I want to do one strain each day of the week so I can give a good report. I am thoroughly charged to be able to blow such proper dank! Be on it Manana!

MOneYMiKe

Veteran
PhillyPride im a bit confused thought that was pre98Bubba?huh anywho DaNK BuDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mm

MoneyMike it is Bubba Kush x Abusive Kushaze(OG KushxSSH)

Ok on to the Smoke Report, I have been anxiously waiting for this I will smoke one strain for each day this week and give my observation, I do not claim to be an authority by any means just giving my simple opinions. I clean my bongs thoroughly with every new bowl I am extremely anal i like the clean taste of the herb from a freshly cleaned bong with Ice. I like to smoke in a second hand guest bathroom that is kind of close quarters so I can really observe the aroma of both fresh exhaled herb and after you step out of the room and come back in 10 min later to sample the air saturated aroma. :rant: Sorry to rant; just I really live this Sh*t and wouldnt choose anything else

SFV OG Kush

Very Impressive Herb I must say this is a different side of the Kush spectrum from what I am used to. Not for better or worse just a complete different end of the spectrum. Most of the New Kushes I have smoked are of the diesel/sour diesel leaning Kushes seeming like sisters to the Diesel but with its own distinct Kush dominance. When I speak of New Kushes I mean modern day Bubba Kush and OG Kushes that I have ran into either commercially or from a prized growers that had the buds for sale but no cuts/seeds. I have grown and smoked the BC Kushes and Afghani Kushes/Hindu Kush/Master Kush and they were fantastic in their own right but only really bear a slight resemblance to the modern day kushes in Taste/aroma/Potency/Desirable attributes if at all but no disrespect.

Smell
This SFV OG Kush has a Lemon Pinesol/Spicey Tropical Pepper taste and smell of the nugs but without a doubt heavy Kush smell whatever Kush smell is. I have smoked buds of this persuasion before but didnt know what it was. I now see the clear difference in Bubba Kushes and OG Kushes or at least SFV OG Kushes they both smell of the same Kush Family if their is such a thing but it is almost like they have different lineage but when next together they smell similar but uniquely different.

I know the Lineage of OG Kush is supposed to be a direct descendant in the Chem/Diesel lines but the funny thing is I smell no Diesel whatsoever very confusing but a wonderful strain.

Taste
I see why everyone is everyone is so big on this herb it is the taste Lemon Pepper Kush taste very wonderful in the taste department, she taste just like she smells with both the nugs and the exhaled smoke very impressive strain and growing job nice clean smoke.

High/Potency
Very strong but not devastating very functional but you feel it this not one of these daytime herbs where you dont know if you are high or not, this is an herb where you know you are wrecked but feel invigorated to do more dont think couchlock think more a Super High Ben Stiller. An up type of sativa high not the normal stumbling/bumbling/stupefying Kush. Very Nice overall high very desirable truly different and highly desirable

MOneYMiKe

Veteran
Very good smoke report,also is all the fuss worth it I mean is it that DANK!thanx for the report PhillyPride.....NiCE one SAnTa sheit looks diggity as allways....Mm

W

WeldFlash420

God Damn it! Looks like that fat fucker Santy Claus missed my house again this yr! Philly, great smoke report on that killer kind. The skills are getting very strong in this one folks.
CF, what more can be said bro...you rock. :rasta:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
:lurk: Doesn't Kush have medical properties too? Got a med report?