What's new

PhilCuisine Schreck, from seed to....

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got these in the mail today! best 20 dollars i ever spent(or at least i hope)

Awesome man. Yeah I figured there were so many great genes in the mix that I had to take a chance.

I'll update with a new pic later today sometime. I ran into some deficiency problems over the last week, but I think I've got it under control.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been ten days since the last time I posted pics. With only watering with EWC teas, they started to develop some deficiency problems. Leaves were yellowing and then turning to brown spotting. You can see some of the older leaves toward the bottom that look like this.

I stopped with the teas and started with a full nutrient mix and they've seemed to rebound well. I'm guessing the Schreck like their nutes. I plan on using guano teas through flowering, but for veg I'm using Age Old Organics Grow supplemented with Eklonia Kelp, humic acid, fulvic acid, Humboldt Prozyme, Humbolt Roots, Humboldt Honey ES, and GH vegan compost tea...... lots of supps....

Today I watered them with a full strength Magical solution, so we'll see how they respond to that.

picture.php

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, I should clarify that by 'Magical' solution I mean Magi Cal, as in Calcium and Magnesium

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want to post your Schreck pics in here, go for it man. I'm curious to see them.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are some new pics. It's only been four days since the last pics, but they're growing pretty quickly now so I might as well show it. At this point they need water every other day or so. They'll need to be transplanted in the next week some time, just hope my cabinet has enough room for 10 pots in it! At the very least I'll have to install new tracks so I can add another shelf in front of the current one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...another 4 days later. They all seem to be doing well, but 'SI' is growing taller and quicker than the others. It needs water every day. You can see the size difference in the pictures.

I'm planning on transplanting them this Saturday, so I'll do more pictures then.

Thanks for looking!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oops, I posted the same pic twice and didn't post this one...

picture.php

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Ms. O'wreck...

Ms. O'wreck...

:smokeit:heres a pix of Ms. O'wreck in flower....this will be the last time i flower this strain. I've passed out this cutting to all my grow friends,,, I still have this strain in seed form tho..Hope this helps.:smokey:

S

sparkjumper

Very nice NJ and yes if they need water daily it time to move on to larger accomodations.I usually transplant when I find myself having to water every other day.This depends on a number of factors of course

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit:heres a pix of Ms. O'wreck in flower....this will be the last time i flower this strain. I've passed out this cutting to all my grow friends,,, I still have this strain in seed form tho..Hope this helps.:smokey:

wow, dude that is nice. That thing has some serious trichs already. What week of flower is that?

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice NJ and yes if they need water daily it time to move on to larger accomodations.I usually transplant when I find myself having to water every other day.This depends on a number of factors of course

Thanks man. Yeah I would have transplanted them earlier this week if I had the time. Tomorrow morning though for sure. I'll post pics.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran

In my experience, you gain nothing by transplanting a plant more than 3 wks into bud. Root growth for the most part had stopped by that point... Of course if you had a six foot plant in a dixie cup it might benifit at 8wks of bud.

As for watering.. It is actually quite benificial to water daily... This provides consistent aireation to the roots and causes more growth...
I did a test one time of two rooms... One I watered daily the other I watered every two to three days but never allowed them to droop... I got an easy 25% more and much much bigger better... of the daily watering room.. Of course substrate matters.. But I can't think of anything I wouldn't water daily in an indoor grow situation..

I know that doing it differently works too.... I am merely suggesting that for optimum growth... You would want to water daily with PH water varying the PH within the range for your substrate and of course changing up the nute mix so as not to overdose too....

Peace

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, I spent a portion of the day re-potting these beauties, and I took a bunch of pics so I'm posting a bunch of pics...

I believe the first pic is a shot of the soil mix materials. Peat, earth worm castings, large chunk perlite, and then a cup of dolomite. Another pic shows 50% peat 30% perlite and 20% ewc. You can play around with the percentages but don't use more than 20% ewc. Then mix them all together and you have a great soil mix, hooray!!!

I think the next pics show the plants before the transplant. The "SI" plant is showing itself to be a female already, but I think that's the only one that's showing right now. A couple of them ("SE", "SA") already have an awesome astringent/pungent odor about them. The next pic is probably of the kelp and enzyme products I use when I transplant. I also use that Prozyme for clones, they respond like crazy to it.

Then I had to give some love to one of my favorite beers of all time. The hopslam is sort of like a double IPA, but not quite. If you get Bells brew shipped to your area, definitely pick up on some of this if you can.

The last pic is the final result. All ten plants sitting nicely in 2L bottles with the tops cut off and wrapped in black duct tape. They end up being about 1/2 gallon containers. I like these better than standard 1 gal nursery pots for a number of reasons, but I've already been typing for about 15 minutes now and I'd like to stop, so unless anyone cares I'll save those reasons for another time....

Later peeps... thanks for looking

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mmmm.... hopslam for any occasion...
picture.php

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ Just to clarify, I used about 5 oz of dolomite in that mix, not a full cup.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 days ago I watered them with another cal/mag solution. They seem to really use magnesium. I also trimmed off some of the lower sets of branches and leaves.

I looked at them all closely and 4 of them (SA, SJ, SI, and SD) are showing female pre-flowers, and the rest aren't showing anything quite yet.

In a week, the last of my flowering plants will be finished, and then I'll move the Schrecks from the cabinet and in to that space.

Here's a shot I took about ten minutes ago... I had to take them out of the cabinet they're in because the shine off the walls is starting to effect the pictures.

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's the latest pic. They all seem to be doing fine although they're quickly out-growing the cabinet space. Of the ten, only five have shown their sex, all females; and the other five aren't showing yet. The "SI" plant is a female and is growing much quicker than the others, being about 4" taller than the rest. You can see it in the back of the cabinet. I'll be curious to see how much different this one buds from the others.

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a quick note, I moved all the plants from the cabinet, in to the flower area. Let the buds begin.

Latest posts

Latest posts