What's new

PhilCuisine Schreck, from seed to....

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mailman was kind enough to drop off my Schreck seeds yesterday!, so I'm going to start a full grow report on them. The lineage of the Scheck (I think) goes something like this: an Ogre clone was pollinated by a mystery pollen and the resulting cross was named Ms.Ogress, then Ms.Ogress was crossed to a Trainwreck clone to produce Ms.O'Wreck, the Ms.O'Wreck was crossed to a Schrom clone creating the Schreck. I wrote that from memory so my apologies to PhilCuisine if any of that is incorrect..... let's not waste any more time....

I'm doing all ten seeds, in they go for an overnight soak

picture.php

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
I too started...

I too started...

:santa1:some Schreck, Vietnam Gold, K2, Blk Domina f2's....here's a pix of DK 13 my buddy grew that was grown in soil...Hope this helps.:elf:

picture.php

Edit: sorry for the crappy pix it was taken with a cell phone. i took a cutting off this plant and will be growing it in my garden.

Last edited:

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome, you found a keeper then huh? Hopefully I'll find the same one in my stash.

and don't worry about the photo quality. I can never take pics of my buds that are ever worth a damn. Plus your cell phone seems to take better pics than my camera.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday I placed the soaked seeds between moist paper towels and just about 18 hours later.....

picture.php

all ten seeds cracked!! Off to a good start, and now it's time to plant them.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late last night I mixed some peat, large chunk perlite and earth worm castings for the seeds. I normally use jiffy cubes to start my seeds then move them to 4" square pots, but this time I'm doing something different and using 9oz 'Solo' cups and no jiffy cubes. I like the size and shape better, not to mention they're probably a fraction of the cost. I drilled 5 small holes in the bottoms of the cups for drainage. My drill bit was doing a surprisingly terrible job drilling through the thin plastic so I heated the bit over a candle flame and drilled/melted the holes. I found you can stack 4 or 5 cups together and drill through all of them at once to save a bunch of time.

After the holes were drilled I filled the cups with the peat mix and soaked it with an earth worm casting tea. I used a 1/4 cup of EWC in a nylon stocking, 1/2 tsp of humboldt nutrients Honey ES and a gallon of water. I brewed it for only a few hours with with an air stone.

I labeled the cups and in went the seeds. I actually dropped one of the cups on the floor, but thankfully I found the seed in all the chaos of peat and perlite and re-planted it. No harm no foul.... the lights in my room were off by the time I finished doing all that stuff so I had to wait until this morning to take this pic....

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a pic from about ten minutes ago.... they all look nice and green. I've only watered them once with plain RO water since their initial watering of EWC tea.

And if anyone's curious, I have those in a wooden box that I made a long time ago. Directly above the seedlings is a 24" fixture of 4 T5's at 24w a piece. Then 4 more individual 24" T5's that are mounted vertically on the walls. The lights are stationary and I raise and lower the plants using the shelving brackets that you can see on the side walls.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey jimmie,next time you need to drill cups,use a piece of 2x2 inside the cups to drill against,makes it clean and easy.also if you can find a clear cup and stack it inside the other you can pop it out to check the roots

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey jimmie,next time you need to drill cups,use a piece of 2x2 inside the cups to drill against,makes it clean and easy.also if you can find a clear cup and stack it inside the other you can pop it out to check the roots

Oh wow, thanks for the clear cup idea. I wish I would have done that this time around. I'll have to get some different cups to do that though. The ones I used have finger grip intents on the sides that make the shape a little irregular and I don't think they make a clear version.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
OR....

OR....

I drilled 5 small holes in the bottoms of the cups for drainage. My drill bit was doing a surprisingly terrible job drilling through the thin plastic so I heated the bit over a candle flame and drilled/melted the holes. I found you can stack 4 or 5 cups together and drill through all of them at once to save a bunch of time.

:santa1:do what i do, i take a wire hanger and heat it red hot on the stove and just poke it thru the 5 to 10 cups....Hope this helps.:elf:

Last edited:

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy New Years (Eve)!!!! Not a whole of change, but I'm going to try and post pics every few days. I watered them this morning with with 1/2 ml Humboldt Roots, 1 tsp Humbodt Honey ES, and 1 tsp Eklonia Kelp.

picture.php

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Props on the the set up. Looks spacious.

Thanks. It's definitely big enough for what I need it for. I usually keep a mom or two with a space underneath the moms for a clone dome. I'm flowering my g13 haze mom right now though so I could make room for the Schrecks. My flowering area is much bigger than that cabinet though.

Weird Jimmy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the little ones, still green and mostly perky.... I've got a gallon of water brewing with 1/3 cup worm castings, 1/2 ml humboldt roots, 1 tsp humboldt honey es, 1 tbls eklonia kelp, and 1 tsp vegan compost tea that will be their next drink

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts