What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Projects

phatkidgenetics

morning glories and california poppies coming in nicely
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_7979.jpeg

purple haze white label seedling, and two apple fritters from blimburn just popping up.
IMG_7976.jpeg

IMG_7975.jpeg

^ afghan kush in the middle and femme fatale on the right. the femme fatale smells really danky. hopefully its as next level as the first pheno i grew of the femme fatale that i didnt keep.

legend og does clone really easily, and smells like pure gasoline in veg, so maybe i will keep it. i just worry about my plant count so trying to only keep the best as well as for my future seeds i only want to keep improving the lines and not settle for anything not the best of the best. next to it in the cup is bluishberry #1 keeper blueberry pheno. this is the pheno in the above photos with the red and purple. this legend og i just transplanted today after finally removing the stem for the gran champagne. it didnt reveg but i was only giving it a chance and didnt try very hard. but the femme fatale should be way better anyway imo.
IMG_7980.jpeg

edit:
so i dont have to make a whole new post
another thing i wanted to put down in words is why i have always thought chemdog was special and in some regards more medicinal than sour diesel,
chemdog has that diesel smell which helps people with ptsd. back in the day soldiers that came back from iraq associated the smell of diesel fuel with tanks and war and chemdog helped them associate that smell with a positive healing medicine. i have ptsd and so chemdog has always been special to me for that reason. (childhood abuse not war, but at 8 years old i was told i had the brain of a war vet and i still had another 10 years of child abuse ahead of me)
og i always felt had a balanced meditational high, and it was perfect for bipolar which i also have.
anyway i hope to be able to order some sts spray soon and make some chem s1 seeds or s2 or s3 who knows lol. but this chemdog is exactly that diesel smell that i associate with ptsd therapy so until i get lucky enough or enough money to get more seeds or clones, i feel like i did a good job pheno hunting this one. the legend og isn't quite diesel but more like unleaded gasoline with a bit of orange citrus, but very different from the lemon piney og that i haven't seen in over a decade. every dispensary in colorado and here had a bunch of og but none of them are as good as the classic og i remember, but more like this legend in a lot of ways. but i do remember before the lemony og became huge there was a more funky kushy earthy kind that i think this legend og is closer to. its been so long now i have a hard time even remembering distinct smells but i know my chemdog is spot on for what was going around in my circle back in the day. for what its worth anyway. ultimately all that matters to me is medicinal and therapeutic effects and keeping the quality genetics up because theres a lot of za za hype stuff going around so im trying to combine what i consider the best personally along with what my immediate family likes.

Last edited:

phatkidgenetics

my bluishberry f1 day 51, i have them ordered bb#1, #2, and #3

they have the same issue i had with the blueberry cupcake x mac1 mom, small popcorn buds. i was hoping it was my fault for not watering properly, but i have been on top of it and now i am thinking this is a trait of her lineage. thats why i was hoping the luxor,s hashberry males would add bigger denser buds and thcv.

i have never grown any cookies strains or mac1. so now i think im reading that those are known for the popcorn buds?
so i have more bluishberry f1 seeds and im wondering if i should find a really vigorous male and hope for the best, or if i should reverse my chemdog.. i have a lot of luxor's hashberry f2 seeds i made but then i dont want to pull it away from the blueberry terps with a backcross in the wrong direction.

bluishberry #1 is the most blueberry smelling
IMG_7987.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

and #3 is shorter so should theoretically be more hashberry dominant but those damn small buds lol.
IMG_7988.jpeg

here is a seed forming in the #3 but im not sure on the pollen donor. most likely it was a purple afghani auto though.
IMG_7989.jpeg

so i was just thinking, since the small bud trait is dominant, if i f2 it, i should theoretically be able to find one with a blueberry smell but hashberry big buds?

phatkidgenetics

i managed to actually cure some flowers before my family smoked it all up. i had to squirrel away a stash

blimburn legend og after about 5-6 weeks cure
IMG_8007.jpeg

gran champagne after about 3 weeks cure
IMG_8014.jpeg
IMG_8012.jpeg

purple afghan kush auto 6 weeks cure and you can even see some purpling lol
IMG_8015.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

veg room update

clones and purple haze white label seedling and two blimburn apple fritters
and some cherry and roma tomatoes and california poppies
IMG_8060.jpeg

femme fatale #2 so far seems really promising. grows slow in veg like the first one did but defoliating helped and its catching back up
IMG_8059.jpeg

afghan kush #2
IMG_8058.jpeg

afghan kush #3
IMG_8057.jpeg

chemdog blowing everything else away though
IMG_8056.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

flower tents

afghan kush #1 day 11 flower
IMG_8054.jpeg

finally starting to chop the dirty martini auto and letting some of it finish longer but it has a lot of amber now
IMG_8050.jpeg

blimburn legend og flowered it too early so didnt get very big. day 46 and already lots of amber but going to let it keep going. i do 11.5 hours on 12.5 hours off also.
IMG_8047.jpeg
IMG_8046.jpeg

and my bluishberries still not showing amber which is good because i want them to fill in more but getting close. day 56 now. ive taken their blueberry cupcake x mac 1 mom anywhere from day 56 to 70 and tbh i actually liked day 56 more. im about to start all the rest of the seeds i have of these and find a male and maybe a better female but i have a clone of the most blueberry smelling one.
IMG_8045.jpeg
IMG_8044.jpeg
IMG_8043.jpeg
IMG_8042.jpeg

chemdog day 52
IMG_8053.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

i checked my ppfd with the photone app and i was giving them like 1500 at the tops so i think i gave the chem and legend some light burn. hopefully it didnt kill the quality. i lowered the lights to 75% and raised them because theyre just finishing anyway now. hopefully the chem recovers because it still has two weeks left. you can see the leaves are swollen and the bleaching on some lower down. they packed on a ton of resin though. still getting used to leds.
IMG_8133.jpeg
IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8129.jpeg

and my bluishberries i think are going to go til day 70 also. they were also at the same ppfd pretty much. i dont like their bud structure but a couple of the 5 new seeds i planted are popping now. hopefully one is a male. these were 3/3 females. the shorter hashberry dom one looks like it will finish a little bit sooner than the other two.
IMG_8128.jpeg
IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8126.jpeg
IMG_8125.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

dirty martini auto
8DD3170F-FB78-4940-8DDD-68340E5B8B16.jpeg

edit: now fully dry, has a really nice bright licorice smell. yield was a little over 3/4oz
have only smoked a little but was a nice balanced high.

Last edited:

phatkidgenetics

bluishberry day 62
probably going to chop at day 70
IMG_8176.jpeg

chemdog day 58
IMG_8175.jpeg
IMG_8174.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpeg
IMG_8172.jpeg

seeds mafia afghan kush day 17
IMG_8171.jpeg

blimburn legend og day 52
IMG_8170.jpeg
IMG_8169.jpeg
IMG_8168.jpeg

and i have been driving my veg area 24/7 with the lights close to the tops for heat during the winter
raised the lights so theyre getting 300-500 at the tops
gave them a spray of pyrethrin and sulfur (captain jacks tomato and veg) because its warming up and bugs are hatching
then sprayed them with water with epsom salt to clean off the residue and now going to keep them on 20/4
and spray them during lights off daily doing water and then 3 different organic bug sprays in cycles
still a lot of that residue on the leaves and i hate to spray but im just gonna do it in veg
also rearranged fans to keep bugs from settling
IMG_8167.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

started chopping
bluishberry #2 chopped on day 63
blimburn legend og chopped day 55

bluishberries 1 and 3 still going. chopping #3 as soon as i have drying space. #1 was the keeper and put out the biggest buds as well as most blueberry smell, which was lucky
IMG_8223.jpeg
IMG_8222.jpeg

seeds mafia afghan kush #1 day 21
IMG_8221.jpeg

ghs chemdog day 62 getting a nice fade. still getting the best run of it yet and i didnt burn it too much with the light. there are 3x100w leds in this 3x3 and the one directly over the chem is off now while it finishes up. want to go past 70 days depending on how she looks then.
IMG_8220.jpeg

that residue i think was a mix of the organic bug spray and the epsom salt but its coming off with plain water. havent seen much bug damage since then though lol

some food and herbs:
microgreens
IMG_8219.jpeg

california poppies
IMG_8218.jpeg

cherry tomatoes
IMG_8217.jpeg

morning glories
IMG_8216.jpeg
IMG_8215.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

pretty sure the pollen donor for this is the purple afghan kush autoflower but there is a possibility its chemdog or something else. no matter what i cant wait to grow this seed and gotta comb through this plant for more.
692B31A3-3744-4CA4-A54F-ACECDE671391.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

small update.
ghs chemdog day 69. last two times i chopped it on day 69 or 70 but i felt it could have gone longer. it's pushing out a bunch of fresh white hairs so letting her ride.
IMG_8328.jpeg
IMG_8327.jpeg

seeds mafia afghan kush og leaning pheno. smelling really lemony. excited for this one. day 28.
IMG_8326.jpeg

my bluishberries #1 and #3
they are just starting to get amber barely. day 73. still a lot of white hairs on lowers.
IMG_8325.jpeg

the next chemdog in veg getting nice and bushy.
IMG_8329.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

legend og and bluishberry #3 hash from 150u trim bin to 120u hash box i just made then pressed
dark particles are purple trichomes as evidenced by the macro shot through my jewelers loupe
IMG_8267.jpeg
29AB8995-230D-4756-B4F3-FACE93520FCB.jpeg
IMG_8362.jpeg
IMG_8363.jpeg
IMG_8365.jpeg

and some amazing scissor hash/finger hash
IMG_8289.jpeg

oldmaninbc

legend og and bluishberry #3 hash from 150u trim bin to 120u hash box i just made then pressed
dark particles are purple trichomes as evidenced by the macro shot through my jewelers loupe View attachment 18972740 View attachment 18972741 View attachment 18972742 View attachment 18972743 View attachment 18972744

and some amazing scissor hash/finger hash
View attachment 18972745
Do you grow California Poppies for show or medical use?
OH, I can't forget to say that's some good looking cannabis flowers.

phatkidgenetics

Do you grow California Poppies for show or medical use?
OH, I can't forget to say that's some good looking cannabis flowers.
im trying them for medical use. this is my first time growing them but i have chronic lyme disease so trying to grow a lot of my own food and medicine this year.
and thanks!

oldmaninbc

im trying them for medical use. this is my first time growing them but i have chronic lyme disease so trying to grow a lot of my own food and medicine this year.
and thanks!
I hope I get to hear if the California Poppies work for you in a medicinal way. A couple of the herb/veggie gardening catalogues I get recommend California Poppies for their medicinal qualities. I hope they help you.

phatkidgenetics

ghs chemdog day 75
still has some white hairs on the top of a couple of buds but going to chop
best run yet by far. been giving plain water for at least two weeks but fed well with neptunes harvest fish and seaweed and nh fruit and flower and ff big bloom until week 8 or so. i could see it going til day 84 but want to see how it smokes around day 77 (76)
IMG_8446.jpeg
IMG_8444.jpeg
IMG_8443.jpeg

bluishberry #1 day 78. could also go another week but probably 10% amber trichomes.
IMG_8442.jpeg
IMG_8440.jpeg
IMG_8439.jpeg
IMG_8438.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

blimburn legend og in veg looking really crinkly. i was concerned then i remembered real legend og does this so maybe mine from seed is close. i know my family loves it and made sure to tell me not to let it go.
IMG_8490.jpeg

and
IMG_8461.jpeg
IMG_8467.jpeg
dried ghs chemdog nugs

the next chemdog in its own 2x2' tent with 150w viparspectra. hopefully comes out as good as the last batch. last plant was about 4 oz. biggest yield from one plant yet under led and living soil (with minimal liquid nutes)
i didnt give it at least 24 hours of darkness and i think the flavor could have been better plus i took it at day 76 but i think day 72 might be peak. i think the extra white hairs on the crowns of the top buds at the end are just a latch ditch attempt to make seeds. but day 84 might be knock you to sleep.
anyway the next one day 1 in veg
IMG_8459.jpeg

and the keeper seeds mafia afghani kush (og leaning pheno) day 47. smells like lemon pledge. the other two are starting to flower but one never grew right and looks like shit and the other one is just starting to make flowers. looks like im going to have to reveg this one because it's tough making clones in a cold room.
IMG_8492.jpeg