What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Projects

phatkidgenetics

I'll try to keep this organized. First this is my exodus cheese keeper pheno from ghs. It doesnt smell or taste like cheese at all. I only had one out of the pack that was really like ghouda, and it gave me tiny buds. But this one had the best high of anything i've grown in over a year, really a classic indica anti inflammation anti migraine anti insomnia high, even at 6 weeks. So i crossed it with my assorted chocolates male from purple caper seeds, then used two males from those seeds and backcrossed it. pollinated the hell out of it last night and chopped the males and put them in a paper bag. The hairs started turning so must have worked, but im probably waiting another day before i spray her down with water to clean up the pollen. I actually had a nightmare the other night the pollen made a cloud that went into my other tent. I think they speak to you in your dreams 😶‍🌫️
But my flowering tent has a weird setup with the ventilation and the intake goes straight to the outtake and it's in a completely different room so hopefully it wasnt a prophecy lol
A little tip burn because she hasnt had my fullest attention, but thats ok
IMG_6601.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg
IMG_6600.jpeg
IMG_6541.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

and just to clarify the reason i backcrossed it with the f1s was because i didnt intentionally make those seeds, but was happy some stray pollen got into the buds, because i loved the high so much. And i only ended up with 2 males out of the 4 seeds i got and the other two seeds didnt survive.

phatkidgenetics

chemdog (ghs) x assorted chocolates (purple caper)
my first f1 i made. smells like chemdog and chocolate so far. day 23.
IMG_6603.jpeg

the beans it came from
IMG_5890.jpeg

a couple weeks ago. stretched like crazy. when i flipped to flower it only had a few branches and it blew up. if i hadnt topped it probably would have been a problem.
IMG_6364.jpeg

blueberry cupcake x mac 1 (humboldt seed co) at day 67 i think.

IMG_6544.png
IMG_6545.jpeg

crossed the blueberry mac with luxor's hashberry. it grew like a vine and ive had it for about a year, extremely lanky and hard to get a decent yield, so maybe i can improve it with the hashberry.

phatkidgenetics

IMG_6685.jpeg

my three new babies. three west coast sour diesels from twenty20 mendocino.

IMG_6684.jpeg

luxor's hashberry from purple caper seeds. one frosty green one and one purple one.
IMG_6683.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

a legend og from blimburn seeds that came out tasting like fruit punch. revegged it and just growing it one more time because it had a good yield and decent high.
IMG_6681.jpeg

femme fatale from twenty20. grew lanky under low light and just getting it started flowering until i have room in the tent because moving for the winter and dont want to move and medium sized to large plants.
IMG_6680.jpeg

my ghs chemdog. i just harvested this one for the second time and it's drying now. pulled at day 69 but could have gone another week.
IMG_6679.jpeg

gran champagne from twenty20. was hungry and yellow because i had it in seed starter from coast of maine but i topped it with some recycled soil from the chemdog i just chopped and some blood meal and fed it fish hydrolyzate so it's greening back up.
IMG_6678.jpeg

runtz x mint from humboldt seed co.
IMG_6677.jpeg

my keeper "exodus cheese" (lol) from ghs. smells kind of cheesy but should be loaded with backcross seeds. it got overfed because it didnt have enough light in the other room but it started greening back up in the stems and stopped curling on the leaves as it got used to more light and i only gave it molasses the past few times i watered.
IMG_6676.jpeg

chemdog x assorted chocolates. a seed i made (i have about 500 more of these seeds). day 31 on this and the cheese and it had a little bit of the overfeeding for the same reason but was in the other room a week less.

phatkidgenetics

well i figured out it wasnt just overfeeding, but this time of year in this climate everything outside is covered in powdery mildew, so it was starting to get inside. my seedlings mostly didnt make it and my chemdog harvest didnt dry properly so i made some changes to improve airflow, stripped all ugly leaves and ones showing signs of pm, sprayed with diluted h2o2

the plants that were a little yellow from seed started soil look nice and green now though. everything is mostly stripped of fan leaves especially any leaves touching anything to prevent moist spots.
cheese is actually smelling really nice and cheesy. it had the most pm because it's the leafiest. still putting out tiny buds (maybe something to do with how the seeds are made according to the strain hunters doc... seemed to explain why the cheeses i got made small buds)
but smelling amazing and a little sweet. really cheesy but not a darky funky cheese more like cream cheese which is how it was last time. also small buds probably because i revegged it. the stems turned green from when i put it in the tent and theyre solid purple from neglect below that.
IMG_6714.jpeg

my chem x assorted chocolates now has a floral incense smell. i like the sativa bud structure especially with the powdery mildew scare. i also turned my dehumidifier down to 35% so it's hovering around 50% now.
IMG_6717.jpeg

IMG_6716.jpeg

gran champagne and femme fatale. i clone this gran champagne because it smelled the gassiest. hopefully it survives the mildew attack but i'll prob take another cut or two in case. i also tried this seed starter mix the first time instead of happy frog or my own recycled soil so could be part of the problem but it's probably my inexperience with humidity. i came here from the desert.

IMG_6720.jpeg

my chemdog is hanging in there though. needs calmag but going fine. theres a huge root running out under it into the soil below thats full of worms.
IMG_6718.jpeg

the two bonsai luxors hashberries. the green frosty one smells like straight tootsie roll. the purple one is more like hash. chopped them after this because theyre done anyway and i wanted to mitigate chances of mildew.
IMG_6706.jpeg
IMG_6705.jpeg
IMG_6704.jpeg
IMG_6707.jpeg

only have one west coast sour diesel left and the soil still wont dry out. hopefully it survives and is a decent phenotype. oh well.
cant add more images in this post so i'll be back later.

Attachments

• IMG_6721.jpeg
    IMG_6721.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41

phatkidgenetics

just an update. lost all my seedlings to my inexperience with moisture. makes sense that the cheese buds are small because the stems are so red. i started some of my own seeds in a paper towel to get my basics game back on point before i try some more sour diesel seeds. might try to order some from a different company tho idk. at least my chemdog is pretty legit.

but all my leaves are looking healthy again. its kind of funny because a few days ago my plants looked like shit.

another thing is i'm doing this run mostly in 3 gallon pots so it's a lot more of a challenge because i was out of soil. trying to do this on a budget. at least my soil seems rich so i shouldnt worry about adding nutes.

the chem x assorted chocolates was smelling like flowers and incense but the next day after i watered it smelled like chemdog. so should be good i hope. im popping 4 more of those seeds to get my seed popping back on point and test them out. ive never had problems with seeds before. its always when i think i got it down i have some problems and have to get back to the essentials like in baseball. i have to practice cloning every once in a while because if i get lax i start screwing up. sucks i paid for those sour d seeds but im taking responsibility and not claiming they didnt germinate. im sure it was my fault.

but i also received some free seeds from an icmag sponsor, seeds mafia. i got 3 "afghan kush" (afghan x og kush) and 3 purple auto afghan kush. but im not popping those until i pop some of my own to make sure i dont screw up again.

where im from, colorado and new mexico, if you leave bud out it turns to dust, and pots dry out quickly, and id never seen powdery mildew before. here when the buds seem dry you can still leave them out for days. it's kind of nice to be able to slow dry over 7 days or more. i'm used to plants being dry in 4-5 days.

so running my pots a little dry this week to compensate for probably overwatering last week. i also didnt have this problem with my 5 gallon pots but my plan is to upgrade to 7 gallons soon. just because im trying to grow my soil.

but yeah everything is hella green and healthy now. ill post pics in a few days. i like to give a week or so to let them grow between photo sessions

heres a nug of the chemdog. the high is great, long lasting and relaxing, perfect for playing fallout 4. next batch i'll get the flavor and smell on point by not leaving it in a stuffy stale room for a week "drying" when the humidity outside is 70% 🫠

IMG_6728.jpeg

i dont mind that i made a bunch of mistakes starting this thread lol. people tell me how great my weed is all the time. its nice to show i make mistakes :) i had a huge learning curve with these leds and also with building soil. been at that for a year. before that in recent years i made homemade leds in microgrow cabinets, or used 1000 watt hps, and used house and garden nutes. i am extremely poor now so i'm making it work. this is also my first time flowering in a grow tent. i bought the grow tent because a mouse or rat ate two of my chemdog seedlings. i assume those must have been the stankiest ones lol. luckily the one i kept seems pretty legit. and apparently makes a great mom for breeding.

really want to start popping these (blueberry cupcake x mac 1) x luxor's hashberry
and try to find some really blueberry smelling ones to f2. my family is excited too. theyre learning why it takes a lot of patience to do what we icmag folks do. i get a seed im excited about and they then have to wait 4-6 months to see the results. now breeding, im looking at projects that are more like 1-2 years.

but it's a fantastic time to be alive doing what i love. laws are changing everywhere and what ive been saying for 20+ years is finally what journalists are saying about cannabis and psychedelics. maybe we can start to heal this broken world.

it aint no joke of mine to buy the world a toke.

ill be back.

phatkidgenetics

my 4 chem x assorted chocolates are popping already after 24 hours. now to just make sure i water the soil properly this time!
then i will try my afghan kush and then work on getting a good sour to cross with my chem.

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpeg
    IMG_6734.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36

phatkidgenetics

i think ive settled on humboldt seed co "humboldt sour diesel" because it's headband x sour d and ive grown both of those, specifically the 707 headband which is definitely og x sour d. someone begged me to grow at their house when they tried the headband. but anyway i think thats an even better option. i dont think i had the right energy going into those seeds. so hopefully the humboldt sour d stays in stock until i get some cash!

phatkidgenetics

well all my seeds sprouted and one of them already died. i used the same solo cups to see if i could find out why. it looks like root aphids, or some other bug. i thought it was just fungus gnats, but they definitely ate at least one of my seedlings this time. good thing i have hundreds more of these seeds, but sucks i lost the ones i actually paid for... but they either came with this soil i bought or maybe from outside, who knows
so now gotta figure out how to get rid of them. explains a lot of weird stuff i had going on. the three gallon pots also probably made it so the plants didnt have enough room to maintain a healthy soil.
always keeping me on my toes.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
well all my seeds sprouted and one of them already died. i used the same solo cups to see if i could find out why. it looks like root aphids, or some other bug. i thought it was just fungus gnats, but they definitely ate at least one of my seedlings this time. good thing i have hundreds more of these seeds, but sucks i lost the ones i actually paid for... but they either came with this soil i bought or maybe from outside, who knows
so now gotta figure out how to get rid of them. explains a lot of weird stuff i had going on. the three gallon pots also probably made it so the plants didnt have enough room to maintain a healthy soil.
always keeping me on my toes.
Be sure and hang up some yellow stickies to catch the flying insects.s

phatkidgenetics

so now im thinking it is just fungus gnats. i googled it and they can kill seedlings. i had no idea. ive had them forever here but i think the new soil brought more with it, because now theyre getting in my face and stuff, when they werent that bad before. but the good thing is, it's not as bad as other pests, and now i know what im dealing with, and now i know fungus gnats can kill seedlings.

phatkidgenetics

got a 10 pack of fly tape. seems to be helping. one of the chemdog x assorted chocolate seedlings is doing good. about to start some autoflowers to make sure i keep my rotation going while i move to the new spot. if the seedling is a male im gonna probably kill it unless it smells really dank. if its a female will be able to see a new phenotype.
chopped the cheese at day 47. last time i chopped at day 42 and it was nice and stony. im noticing all the reveg monster crop plants have smaller buds. gonna put the cheese bx1 seeds on the back burner for a bit tho and probably focus on my (blueberry cupcake x mac 1) x hashberry project, selecting for blueberry terps.
the purple caper luxor's hashberry green pheno was like tootsie roll chocolate, and the purple pheno def showed durban poison terps. got a lot of those f2 seeds now. really happy with my decision to go with purple caper for the male. the durban smell in it reminds me of when i grew durban back in the day, that black licorice anise smell. and the thcv in it is really nice.
i picked up some dispensary boof durban poison to try it out, and i see what people are saying about durban not being the same it used to be. it smelled a lot like cookies, which makes sense because cookies is durban and og. sad that the old durban has been replaced tho. i never really liked durban that much but now i miss it since its been watered down. the anise smell is barely there, and its mostly kushy and dense.
here is chemdog x assorted chocolates day 48. starting to get some nice senescence. looks like it might go to day 63. if it takes longer thats perfectly fine.

Attachments

• IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36

phatkidgenetics

also i would probably appreciate the durban i had back in the day more now. back then, my brain chemistry was different. i think i have a lot wider spectrum of psychoactive effects now that my brain is an adult.

phatkidgenetics

purple kush autos from seeds mafia. the fungus gnats def came from the soil i bought but got them under control now.
legend og purpling up and doing the calyx tower foxtail thing. this is the fruity pheno that i monster cropped. the other pheno is the keeper and it just smells like straight body odor gym locker kush.
then some gran champagne, femme fatale, runtz x mint. just a little bumper crop of babies.
IMG_6870.jpeg
IMG_6869.jpeg
IMG_6871.jpeg
IMG_6873.jpeg
IMG_6874.jpeg
IMG_6875.jpeg
IMG_6876.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

chemdog x assorted chocolates
after smoking it, the chocolate really comes through. it seems pretty down the middle of chocolate hashberry and chemdog. vipassana doesnt roll off the tongue so im thinking "dog killer" works better. chemdog x assorted chocolate... chocolate kills dogs. idk lol
021C2451-95D3-4CAE-85B6-D1F09FBB4AC1.jpeg

it could have done better if it had been in a 7 gallon instead of 3 gallon but i still got maybe 3 zips. i could have probably waited a week and it would have fattened more. chopped at day 60. on day 11 of drying now and its just now almost ready for the lids on the jars. i still have powdery mildew floating around but h2o2 kept it down. the herb smells and tastes amazing this time. i think the problem with the revegetated plants was there was no more
phosphorus. idk.
that legend og tuitti fruity pheno bud i zoomed in on, now after drying for a few days. it has that classic og structure. the other pheno is classic body odor gym locker funk and i have been working to get good clones of that one.
524F10C6-F866-46EB-9090-AEC1160A8AFB.jpeg

femme fatale from twenty20 mendocino. day 34.
IMG_6944.jpeg
IMG_6945.jpeg

IMG_6953.jpeg

gran champagne from twenty20 mendocino. first one day 44 second one day 34.
IMG_6954.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg
IMG_6956.jpeg

purple kush autos from seeds mafia. i had three but the third one dampened off. my impression of the coast of maine seed starter mix is it contains no nutrients. everything i put in it is starving until i feed it. i wont blame them for the fungus gnats because ime all soil comes with fungus gnats sometimes. i also got rose and flower from coast of maine and it appears to be straight compost. really manure like in texture. but still, its medium to add to my mix and i use neptunes harvest bottled nutes to fix issues until i can do a better mix. i want to add the stoningtons blend, or maybe just get some buildasoil ammendments. buildasoil is probably smarter and wont come with fungus gnats.
IMG_6957.jpeg
IMG_6958.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts