What's new

Perpetual Projects

phatkidgenetics

another chemdog x assorted chocolates seed. it was yellow until i started giving it fish fertilizer. i definitely liked happy frog better as a seed starter.
IMG_6961.jpeg

a cheese x (cheese x assorted chocolates) backcross seedling
IMG_6960.jpeg

chemdog. it suffered a little bit from pulling it out of the worm bed i had it sitting on and ripping the roots it had down in there, but not looking too bad.
IMG_6962.jpeg
IMG_6963.jpeg

going to give the cheese another chance to produce decent size buds, but from what ive seed from that assorted chocolates male, hopefully the backcross seeds improve it. this cheese pheno still has the best high of anything i've grown in the past year.
IMG_6959.jpeg

and finally some outdoor grown by friends from my seeds
IMG_6965.jpeg
IMG_6964.jpeg
IMG_6879.jpeg
IMG_6880.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

i was just thinking about the revegetated/ monster crop plants. since i chopped them down to the lower parts, the amount of bud sites and the proportion of stem to bud sites, and the fact that the hormones for those sites were for the lower part of a larger plant, is probably why the buds stayed small. they didnt show any deficiencies, so i think that makes more sense. i was thinking about how if you clone them, they grow like normal plants, but if you monster crop, you confuse the shit out of them.
also the chemdog x assorted chocolates got me closer to 2 oz. i think i said it was close to 3. i dont really weigh it all because its all for personal. but probably 2-2.5.
i found some parchment paper of some really oily rosin i threw in the freezer months ago from mostly blue dream flowers. it freeze dried over that time and came up nicely lol. i couldnt get it off of the paper when i made it. it turned into some good cured rosin.

phatkidgenetics

starting to chop. showing a decent amount of amber and the buds are swollen enough theyre starting to fall over. tbh i lost track but theyre all in week 7 or 8, day 53 at the latest. i have been doing 11.5/12.5 so they might be finishing a little bit early because of that. still leaving most of the buds to finish up to a week longer but some of them have a lot of amber and im almost out of smoke. i wanted to let them stop producing white hairs so well see how the next week goes. might have confused them a little bit with a small dose of nitrogen in late flower.
gran champagne (dark orange hairs) smells like earth
IMG_7014.jpeg
IMG_7013.jpeg

gran champagne gassy pheno (smells like rotten fruit now. strawberry sour diesel leaning pheno. the keeper.)
IMG_7012.jpeg
IMG_7005.jpeg
IMG_7004.jpeg

runtz x mint, smells like snowcap. i think jack herer had a similar smell? like a bomb pop ice cream
IMG_7008.jpeg
IMG_7006.jpeg

and femme fatale. didnt keep a cut but i have two more seeds. the side of the top away from the light smells like grapes. i think i had my lights too close for a bit and burned some terps. hopefully everything smokes good.
IMG_7011.jpeg
IMG_7010.jpeg
IMG_7009.jpeg

got a couple dirty martini autos (twenty20 mendocino) going now. part of my damping off problem was where i was sprouting seeds i dont think i had enough light and the seed shells stayed stuck to the cotyledons.
mixed seed starter with the rose and flower with some oyster and lobster shells and dynomyco for one of the dirty martinis.
also got a couple seeds from the dog killer #1 going which i think are crossed with the legend og tuity fruity pheno (blimburn seeds)
got one of my cheese backcrosses going and another dog killer (#2 if its a girl)
gas champ, chemdog, legend og (legend og pheno), and cheese are the moms for now. might add another with some more photos but tbh these are the only exciting photos.

phatkidgenetics

day 50/59 on these. i forget which are 50 and which are 59. continuing to chop. gas champ and runtz x mint are chopped and drying. finished chopping the runtz x mint tonight. i have to admit the runtz x mint is really nice. here she is before the final axe.
IMG_7065.jpeg
IMG_7066.jpeg

heres the other gran champagne, the pheno that just smells earthy so far. havent begun to chop these yet.
IMG_7071.jpeg
IMG_7070.jpeg

femme fatale. still mostly cloudy barely a sign of amber so still going longer even though she looks past finished. still has some white hairs here and there though.
IMG_7067.jpeg
IMG_7068.jpeg
IMG_7069.jpeg

and finaly one in flower, a slightly neglected ghs chemdog. needs to be fed but it is what it is.
IMG_7060.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

here are my two purple afghani kush autoflowers from seeds mafia. one seemed to be lagging like a week behind the other even though they sprouted within a day of each other. now seems to be catching up. i think the seed starter soil messed up my flow a little bit but i mixed it with the rose and flower half and half with some amendments and i think it will be fine now.
IMG_7061.jpeg
IMG_7063.jpeg

my cheese keeper. if i can get a decent yield this time it would be really nice. it has the best high so far but small buds the two times ive grown it out which could be my fault we will see. but i think ghs screwed up the cheese genetics tbh.
IMG_7064.jpeg

everything else is just little sprouts and clones so nothing exciting but i am sprouting some of my (blueberry cupcake x mac 1) x luxor's hashberry now and i have a couple cheese x assorted chocolates backcrosses and some of my dog killer x work (i think, the work put out some nanners but could be other pollen)
one dirty martini auto seedling. the second one never came out of the seed shell again. i need to stop messing with the paper towel method. i always had success with just sticking seeds in soil.
mostly dried nugs of gas champ and runtz x mint
IMG_7050.jpeg
0DC8C613-121D-4354-9BBF-A8F30F956FE2.jpeg
D5CB20B5-B9C0-432F-8EAB-BA123C66F986.jpeg
(early samples)

phatkidgenetics

woke up this morning to seeds cracking through the soil. feels like a good sunday. might eat a mushroom. all of these are from seeds i made. cheese backcrosses, dog killer x work(?), (blueberry cupcake x mac 1) x luxor's hashberry.
i just noticed a couple more barely peeking through also after snapping these.
i have hundreds of seeds i'll figure out how to get back to 99% sprout rate. i never used to use a paper towel and i also lived in the desert. humidity makes everything different.
IMG_7079.jpeg
IMG_7078.jpeg
IMG_7077.jpeg
IMG_7076.jpeg
IMG_7075.jpeg
IMG_7074.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

the last plant remaining from this round, the gran champagne earthy pheno. stacking some foxtails. still cloudy trichs.
IMG_7120.jpeg
IMG_7119.jpeg
IMG_7118.jpeg

seeds mafia purple afghani kush autos going into week 4.
IMG_7117.jpeg
IMG_7115.jpeg

ghs exodus cheese keeper. trying to do a lot of lst and no topping this time to see if the beds swell more.
IMG_7116.jpeg

and ghs chemdog in week 5 i think day 30 or so. the last two and only two runs ive had of her she didnt even start to look like the buds were filling in until day 56. i removed all the ugly leaves so all the energy can go to buds the night i last posted.
IMG_7114.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

gran champ earthy pheno. finished in 56 days (i figured out my day planner notes). didnt keep it but kept its sister, the strawberry smelling and tasting pheno. (its strawberry sour diesel x mimosa)
9C6B9B1C-AE63-408F-AAEB-23BCCAF42288.jpeg
IMG_7156.jpeg

femme fatale. also didnt keep this one but i have two more seeds. one already sprouted and waiting for it to peek through the soil.
love this stuff. it was done in 51 days and it's really purply smelling and tasting. it reminds me of platinum bubba kush. this was my favorite from this harvest.
663F85A9-2D3B-48B2-A214-693E1FAEC149.jpeg
A00420F6-3FF2-4752-8447-59F172F00D92.jpeg
IMG_7135.jpeg

got a new 2x2x3 tent and decided to stay here instead of moving because it's too much hassle. so my plants are a little upset about some temperature swings right now. i also think i was underwatering a bit so im focusing on staying on top of it and since its getting cold its also getting dry and everythings thirsty about every day.
the biggest one is the cheese keeper mom which hopefully produces some decent buds this time if i stay on top of watering and no topping. still the best high of any of my plants so worth it right now regardless.
the next two biggest are the seeds mafia purple afghani kush autos. the smallest is the dirty martini auto from twenty20 mendocino.
IMG_7150.jpeg
IMG_7149.jpeg

the tent is to replace that extra area i had before where i was trying to get an extra 2 weeks to reduce time between harvests. now i have a 2x2 and 3x3 so i shouldnt be struggling to keep my supply starting in december. and i can dedicate a plant or two for my own little private personal stash, and for breeding, along with better environmental control and reflective walls.

my veg closet, with my legend og (blumburn seeds og leaning pheno. classic og as i can get from a seed right now.)
and my chemdog, seeds from the dog killer x legend og fruity pheno (accidental pollenation so might be the femme fatale instead of the fruity og, which would be awesome)
also blueberry mac x hashberry and cheese x assorted chocolates bx1
IMG_7152.jpeg

and finally the chemdog day 35ish. stacking more than last time i think because im watering better.
IMG_7151.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

the oldest purple afghani auto is the same age as the chemdog in flower so 35 ish days. the other two are behind by a week and two weeks or so.
yields from all these small bumper crop plants were a little better than expected. i flowered them basically as small as possible and was expecting about a half oz from each. i got 3/4 oz from two, a little over 1 oz from the earthy gran champ, about 1/2 from another. i dont keep detailed notes about yields and smoked some so give or take.
these 3 autos are number 4, 5 and 6 ive ever grown. i had two runtz cake autos in the past about 3/4ths oz from each. and one outdoor that basically only gave me seeds which im going to pop somewhere down the pipeline. :smoke:

phatkidgenetics

got two volunteer seedlings in my gas champ pot clone pot.
i tried to dig up the first one a few days ago and it's tangled in with the main roots of the gas champ. then this second one popped up today.
sooooo
maybe
if im lucky
these are the west coast sours? i wish i took better notes because i dont remember if they all dampened off.
whatever these are, going to let them get tall enough to clone. i know a few times when seeds didnt sprout i just dumped the soil onto the top of another pot.
IMG_7173.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

ok went back on this thread and all the west coast sours did dampen off, so these are something else. probably chemdog x assorted chocolates. who knows lol.

phatkidgenetics

ok i decided to do another update because those photos are a few days old and i want to label the days in flower or age of autos properly
first, chemdog on day 39 flower
IMG_7179.jpeg
IMG_7178.jpeg

and then the next chemdog in veg showing the three fingered leaves.
IMG_7182.jpeg

since my research here on icmag over the years says arjan from greenhouse seeds got the real chem 91, thats why this was the first variety i ordered when i started this grow about a year ago or a year and a half ago. the sour diesel i had back in 2009-2010 when i got busted was pure gas and garlicky fish batter, had small foxtaily buds with large internodal spacing, the dark dog tongue leaves sticking out of the buds that never faded, and the chemdog we used to get back then was just like that sour diesel but not as pungent and strong, i believe this is really close to chem 91 and is still an s1 from way back then. the heavy yielding sour that was aj's sour was really similar but not as strong and pungent, so even though my sour diesel yielded low, it was all i smoked back then. i would smoke it with people but no one got any unless i shared, because it yielded so low and 1-2 hits would send me to the moon, and back then i smoked a half oz daily of the best weed anyone could find. i had a quarter oz of personal sour d for myself every day plus what i smoked with other people. anyway, i believe this chemdog is pretty damn close and she makes a great mom, so i figured my smartest move buying seeds was to get this and use it as a female to make my own seeds.

now the greenhouse seeds exodus cheese keeper on day 2 flower. just starting to clean up lowers and defoliate, but letting her adjust before i go too hard.
IMG_7177.jpeg

now here is the new tent (which is 2x2x4 not 2x2x3. lyme disease brain fog makes me so absent minded i make all kinds of mistakes in these posts). purple afghan kush autos from seeds mafia in the back. back left is 39 days. next to it is a week behind. bottom right is dirty martini auto from twenty20 mendocino, a week behind the second purple afghan kush.
and bottom left is the legend og from blimburn. this tent is on 24 hours right now.
IMG_7176.jpeg

theyre slightly light green so i gave them some fish and seaweed tonight.

now gran champagne from twenty20 mendocino, keeper strawberry sour diesel pheno. i believe their sour diesel must be the more sour west coast one we had in the east bay in 2004 based on the profile of this strawberry sour diesel x mimosa, but that's my guess. we had a sour sour diesel in cali, and then there was the ecsd which was like a chemdog on steroids that i described earlier, and then there was nysd from soma, which was rotten grapefruits and was really good on its own, but nothing like the others, which were nothing like each other. the west coast one we had back then was more like lemon cleaner. the ecsd is the one that i consider the real sour diesel. but anyway heres that gran champagne i call the gas champ but it really tastes like strawberries.
IMG_7180.jpeg

and you can see those two volunteer seedlings below it.
now just the cups with the femme fatale from twenty20 which will hopefully grow big and strong once they crack the surface, because that stuff is incredible on the bag appeal and just all around amazing. and some cheese cuttings in a cup.
IMG_7183.jpeg

then finally the legend og surrounded by seedlings from my own seeds which i described in the previous post. blueberry mac hashberry and dog killer x ? and cheese backcrosses
IMG_7181.jpeg

they suffered some temp swings but they should be recovering now, and ill probably be rearranging and improving the veg space tomorrow when i add a new small space heater.

phatkidgenetics

first, the autoflower tent.
IMG_7200.jpeg

Dirty Martini from twenty20 mendocino. starting to bush out after some training. i think its around week 3 or 4 since sprout.
IMG_7201.jpeg

the two Purple Afghan Kush Autos from Seeds Mafia. the shorter more full one is day 49. the other one lagged behind and stretched more which i think might be a good thing. both were a little yellow for a bit. i think i was underwatering and underfeeding everything because i didnt have my environment dialed in until i got this second tent.
IMG_7202.jpeg
IMG_7203.jpeg
IMG_7204.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

now the flowering tent. first the cheese is starting to flower. just over a week since flip and stretched nicely. requires constant defoliating.
IMG_7207.jpeg
IMG_7206.jpeg

next to the cheese there you can see my dollar tree wreath frame scrog method on the legend og. this legend og from blimburn seeds was the funky body odor phenotype and i flowered and revegetated this plant. in past experience revegetated plants were confused and didnt do well but maybe im getting better at this. either way the clone of this plant is looking amazing so time to flower and smoke the mom.
IMG_7205.jpeg

and the chemdog is looking really nice considering its first three weeks of flower were rough. next time will get some better sized nugs but this time its coming around. it finishes late so its on day 49 and still has 3 weeks at least.
IMG_7209.jpeg
IMG_7208.jpeg

now onto the veg closet. legend og clone. this plant grows so slow but i think if i feed it it's starting to take off.
IMG_7210.jpeg

a new femme fatale pheno. hopefully at least as good as the last one because that's the best weed ive grown in years.
above the femme fatale from twenty20 are the three Purple Afghan Kush from Seeds Mafia. all of these babies are females. afghans just popped a day ago. i think the heat mat was too hot so i moved them away from it.
IMG_7211.jpeg

now my own seeds. 4 (blueberry cupcake x mac 1) x luxors hashberry. i can already tell two phenotypes and labeled them that way. i think the fat leaf ones are hashberry dominant and the bluish leaves are blueberry dominant :D
IMG_7212.jpeg

and finally the next chemdog in veg
IMG_7213.jpeg

phatkidgenetics

ok just checked my seed packs and the autos are purple afghan kush
and the feminized photos are afghan kush, not purple afghan kush

phatkidgenetics

adding these screenshots from seeds mafia for my records. ive been saying the autos are purple afghan kush but they are purple haze x hindu kush
i got them confused because i also have afghan kush feminized that just sprouted. screenshots for both strains.
i cant remember shit but thats why we take notes
IMG_7223.png
IMG_7224.png

funny enough i also have a purple haze freebie from north atlantic seeds white label that i haven't sprouted yet because purple haze isnt one of my favorite strains, but maybe i will sprout it now.
i love afghani though and hindu kush. will definitely be keeping at least one of the afghan kushes as a mom.

the 4 bluishberry (my [blueberry cupcake x mac 1] x luxor's hashberry) are all smelling really funky like blueberry and chocolate and theyre just barely tall enough to get their first topping now. going to transplant them tomorrow and probably keep a male. i do have probably at least 50 more of those seeds but i want to work that line a few generations until i get my own blueberry. at least that's the idea. im new to breeding but i plan to do it as best as i can. the chemdog x assorted chocolates was stellar, beginner's luck! and i only want to keep the best genetics to cross, so that will help.

Last edited:

phatkidgenetics

just a quick update because the cheese has feeder roots showing up on the surface. i think i had been underwatering and this round should go better. and with the bondage going on is the legend og (from seed not clone)
IMG_7241.jpeg
IMG_7242.jpeg
IMG_7243.jpeg

edit: ok now i see why there's a thumbnail option instead of just full image. my phone is glitching from all the photos. i will start doing thumbnails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts