What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paul McCartney stops smoking pot

stone_edd

Just saw this on a news site.

Sir Paul McCartney has said "enough's enough" and has finally given up smoking cannabis.
The star has been an unashamed dope smoker since the 1960s, leading to him being arrested on occasion and in 1980 he was deported from Japan.
But now the multimillionaire musician - who turns 70 this summer - said being a parent again played a part in his decision to quit.
Sir Paul's regular cannabis consumption was flagged up by second wife Heather Mills during their divorce battle.
The couple have an eight-year-old daughter Beatrice from their relationship.
In a new interview with Rolling Stone magazine, he said of his dope use: "I did a lot, and it was enough.
"I smoked my share. When you're bringing up a youngster, your sense of responsibility does kick in, if you're lucky, at some point.
He added: "Enough's enough - you just don't seem to think it's necessary."
The Beatles were introduced to cannabis by Bob Dylan in August 1964.

He pisses me off. Hardcore puffer, raised how many kids while high, even used to stash his weed in kids clothes while touring (after the Japan fiasco). The song, "Got to get you into my life" was about weed, not a woman.

NOW he decides he need to stop for his kid? Nice kick in the head for all the kids he wasn't concerned about being high for, and a really lame excuse for dropping it now. I've been high all my life, a little younger than him, and I've got kids too - but being a toker has helped me be a good parent, and it has helped me be a better spouse, lover and human being too.

Gotta say it - Fuck you, Paul. Ironically, I've lost respect for you becoming a non-stoner.

señorsloth

Veteran
sounds like me whenever my tolerance goes up...3 weeks later i'm pokin one hitters again...i don't think he did any harm stepping out, and i'm sure he will be back, sooner than later, though it's not like it's a bad thing to stop smoking, to each their own, as long as they don't try to burn bridges to gain acceptance into the mainstream again...

waveguide

Veteran
this just in, waveguide stopped scratching his balls.

"aah, fuck it. let 'em itch, my hand's got better things to do than worry about some old fucker's balls".

waveguide's balls became famous after playing congas on the 1963 hit "i'll give u a snog if u want it".

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's good to quit once in awhile. For me, anyway.
To each his own.
At least he's candid about his use, unlike some of our Presidents.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
He pisses me off. Hardcore puffer, raised how many kids while high, even used to stash his weed in kids clothes while touring (after the Japan fiasco). The song, "Got to get you into my life" was about weed, not a woman.

NOW he decides he need to stop for his kid? Nice kick in the head for all the kids he wasn't concerned about being high for, and a really lame excuse for dropping it now. I've been high all my life, a little younger than him, and I've got kids too - but being a toker has helped me be a good parent, and it has helped me be a better spouse, lover and human being too.

Gotta say it - Fuck you, Paul. Ironically, I've lost respect for you becoming a non-stoner.

Easy there bro:comfort:

This is just what he said according to Rolling Stoned. He wasn't bad mouthing the plant. Their may be some sort of custody issue that is arising which forces him to say he is not smoking anymore.
His divorce is mentioned and so is his kid. Perhaps he is "saying" he isn't smoking anymore, Its not like he became a spokesman for the DARE campaign. I periodically take 3-4month long breaks from herb, but I still grow it. I love the plant and believe in is healing and magic, sometimes I am just livin the high life and dont feel the need to burn to get high.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
No way. You can cut yourself off from something without doing it in a treacherous way, denigrating those that continue to use it and saying they should feel shame.

How the fuck did he do that? He said he smoked enough pot. After almost 50 years I'd be inclined to believe him. I'd be grateful if I was still breathing at 70

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
just a testimony that the sacred healing weed is indeed a kind friend and not a master or slaver like most of modern medicine.chemistry

his first wife linda a kodak family heir was known for being more about a bag of weed than anything material

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i wonder when hes gonna be too old to f**K?

:: holds out hope for self that im not as over the hill as i think