What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paul McCartney stops smoking pot

thegambler

Sounds just like Snoop Dawg a few years ago. I think he got arrested and made a public service commercial against pot and stated he stopped. The like 6 months later he showed up in High Times rolling dubies in front of a large pile of bud........

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I am a huge fan of Paul McCartney. Very few rockers of his generation can still put on a good show and he don't look that bad. He probably never drank much and he is a vegetarian.

The whole idea of being a pot smoker is saying fuck you to the law and being a free thinker. Being a free thinker also means you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

In all likelihood Paul may Just say he is quitting. I doubt this is the only time he has quit it in his 70 years. It may be for legal reasons as mentioned above. Not many of us has always stood up and admitted our use to everyone. Many of us never admit it for that very reason, or reason's of employment.

I am a huge fan of Paul's. I have seen him perform live and his show was the tightest I have ever seen. When he did a song every note sounded exactly like it should. He ran around the stage and rocked it out and didn't look like an old washed up dude doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRu9yzlTRI

Last edited:
E

eric stoner

john lennon was the big icon of the beatles , but Paul is still the heart , when he starts singing a beatles song it sounds so damm authentic because his voice is absolute unique :dance013:
and the fact that he stop hitting joints with 70 is funny :laughing:

stellblue

lol re: Heather Mills. I've been smoking for longer and it does absolutely nothing bad for me whatsoever. I'm still sharp as a tack, have a great memory, & the best driver on the road, even on meds.

Someone should suggest a vaporizer to Paul.

I do question his sanity after marrying that horror Heather Mills...
I have been smoking for 44 years and i still love it...

G

greenmatter

one legged chicks are worse than Yoko .............. but at least they don't try to sing

Skip

Veteran
When musicians and other celebrities suddenly decide to make a public statement against drugs, it's usually because they are under pressure by their record companies, agents, police, etc.

Right now there is a LOT OF PRESSURE to demonize cannabis in the UK, US, Canada and Australia. There is a lot of coordination going on with the US DEA as usual, but this being a major election year, all the politicians and others are taking a stand against drugs - publicly with the goal of influencing voters.

Coincidence? The other day Obama publicly backed the DEA crackdown on dispensaries and large growers, despite any previous statements he made in support of medical marijuana.

And I just heard about a big bust in Oakland, something like a 13,000 sq ft, 1,000 plant grow!

I'm tellin' ya, the DEA is just getting ramped up to make political hay before the elections to ensure they don't lose their jobs to decriminalization or legalization...

No it's that time of the season to DEMONIZE WEED, and expect a lot more leading up to election time.

sso

Veteran
When musicians and other celebrities suddenly decide to make a public statement against drugs, it's usually because they are under pressure by their record companies, agents, police, etc.

Right now there is a LOT OF PRESSURE to demonize cannabis in the UK, US, Canada and Australia. There is a lot of coordination going on with the US DEA as usual, but this being a major election year, all the politicians and others are taking a stand against drugs - publicly with the goal of influencing voters.

Coincidence? The other day Obama publicly backed the DEA crackdown on dispensaries and large growers, despite any previous statements he made in support of medical marijuana.

And I just heard about a big bust in Oakland, something like a 13,000 sq ft, 1,000 plant grow!

I'm tellin' ya, the DEA is just getting ramped up to make political hay before the elections to ensure they don't lose their jobs to decriminalization or legalization...

No it's that time of the season to DEMONIZE WEED, and expect a lot more leading up to election time.

i think this is true.

and somehow, it comes to mind, the politicians, talking to the cops.

"last chance boys, go get em!"

the criminal underworld putting pressure on politicians to make sure the goldrush/dopewar continues.

and cops taking the last chance to confiscate cannabis to resell , it being the cashcrop that it is.

nowadays, if you are talking smack about cannabis, you are either insane or with very shady ulterior reasons for doing so.

oh, and criminally stupid is also viable (criminally, since the guilty party is in position of power , though i wonder who the guilty is then really, for stupid is what stupid does and no blaming them beyond putting a leash on the poor fools.)

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
so he finally found out what a dab is?

lots of folks stop smoking pot and start vaporizing oil

art1hed.jpg

photo8.jpg

Easygrowing

Veteran
jesterday-all my trouble seems so far away--mabye is better im still lighting up an homedone jay.Cos im belive-in Jesterdayyyyy...

Yes.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I say we get a mob together....find this motherfucker and force him to smoke weed once again!
500x_custom_1279603353670_frankenstein_mob.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts