What's new

Partners....

Its not a good idea to grow more then you need unless you ALREADY have "that guy" to take it all.

You either have that guy ..or you dont. Trying to "find" that guy will most likely result in a robbery, bust, or ripoff.

Be careful man..maybe work your way up if you've got a friend or something that can take ounces or qps every now and again...start there - the rest will follow.

peace
pm

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i didnt read the rest of the post just yours... Partners are horrible it WILL go bad and you will now have a enemy that knows about what you do.... You dont need no partner if you have it it will go... If that guy has connections do that shit yourself and just giv eit all to him let him make money you make money but its yours... your the boss and you have no one to fuck you shit up...

Mr. Tony

Veteran
rofl I already tried that.

He told me if I wanted to be able to sell the weight then i need to let him help me ( knowing him, he'll kill himself for this grow, we don't fuck around)

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
dude if hes what he suppose to be if you float bows in front of him what is he gonna say NO i dont want to buy it? BS... if people can make decent money off it he may be mad that he dont get half but he sure in the fuck is gonna buy that shit when hes making 50-100 bucks a zip....

I dont like the fact that hes saying he wont be willing to do shit unless he sees the spot and is part of the grow.....that dont feel right. He might just be worried about getting a 50/50 split, but wtf is he doing giving an ultimatum?

He told me if I wanted to be able to sell the weight then i need to let him help me
Stay far away from this guy. He'll clearly lead to problems. If fact - I'd suggest you move now as this guy already knows your plans and interests.

You've compromised your security before you've even got started.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
why? with out him I'd never be able to sell more than a zip.

also I'm not doing anymore than a micro grow until the property is in my name ( or I'm at-least paying it off). I'd need at least one room mate, he'd be the only one i could trust.

Why should he have to drive around the city with some stinky bows for a few hundred, he already is eager to learn to work in the garden.

awdaddict

i dont think you came here looking for an answer...

seems like you are gonna do it regardless. good luck

<----has worked with partners, and so far have been one of the lucky few

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Your right, I'm fucking doing this, It's the best situation I can come up with for what I want to do.

I'm more looking for suggestion and or tips for working with a partner.

But I appreciate everyone's input.

fireman22

My good buddy and I had a nice grow going until his roommate found out. Now the roommate claims the plants have a secret invisible mold that caused his bronchitis. So my buddy screwed up but he is taking care of the problem by driving a bunch of plants to a different location. Talk about a big risk he is putting on his own shoulders! Any advice on how to proceed to make the drive? Leave at 4am or 10am? put them in a refirgator box?, deep freeze freezer? Help me out

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
first off, he shouldnt be getting a 50/50 split, thats terrible odds for you since you are the own doing the growing. come on please dont be this naive?

so he can move pounds, great. grow your shit in peace and without him, and when you harvest give him a call and sell to him at a base price so that he can make 50-100 a zip. (shit i only make 30 a zip sometimes)

if i was him id be laughing my ass to the bank right now. not only am i muscling my way into someone elses grow, i am profiting off their lack of knowledge in the D game. you are getting taken advantage of plain and simple. Growers do not share 50/50 splits with their dealers, i WISH they did trust me, but it doesnt happen. Here in cali, growers get at least 3200 a P, which the dealer will then break down into 4000 or whatever. the split it more like 70/30 unless the grower is your blood relative older OG uncle from the 70s, i do not see smart growers giving their shit away for anything less than 3200 a P unless its premature PM infected garbage, either that or you dont care about money and profit and do it for the "love", however that makes it great for your dealer buddy because then he takes your percentage of what is RIGHTFULLY YOURS.

If you are NOT growing in cali, dont sell your Ps for any less than 4000 a pop.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
arent you thinking of possible scenarios, how well do you know this guy? how many years have you known him.

what if he intends to just rip you off come harvest time.

he doesnt need to even rob you himself, if he is in the D game and is moving Ps, he probably has a few shady friends who can pull jobs. all hes gotta do i call over his old buddy and let him know about a lick, when the buds are nice dried and cured BOOM your shit is gone and he is no where to be found.

the only reason i even trust my partner is because ive known and done business with him for almost 10 years. We know eachothers families and worst case scenario neither of us will fuck with the other simply because i know that he knows where my family sleeps at night, and he knows that i know the same. we are friends but you never know, EVER.

if you really want to do this i suggest you learn up on your buddy in case shit does hit the fan. you need collateral like his home address, full name, information you can use against him in case he rips you off.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
P's up here go for like 42-48 depending on the quality.

I mean what do you think is fair, he'll be helping by paying for equipment, pay rent to the house, work in the grow, handle all the product movement.

if after all is said and done, not counting fixed costs I'd like 3 a #

Mr. Tony

Veteran
if you really want to do this i suggest you learn up on your buddy in case shit does hit the fan. you need collateral like his home address, full name, information you can use against him in case he rips you off.

rofl I've been to his house, know all the family, the parents place of business...

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
do this and do this at the very begining make the rules and make sure they are fair never stray from what you agreed... make sure you dont screw yourself...

**POST BY POOPYTEABAGS**

Colina

I'm more looking for suggestion and or tips for working with a partner.

Hash everything out ahead of time. You don't want to be into it and be saying things like "I'm pretty sure we're gunna split these costs, or take that off the top" etc. You wanna know, both of you, and be clear about it all ahead of time. I've seen many partnerships fail due to a lack of covering these bases. Do not say to yourselves "we're buddies, I'm sure we'll each do our part and be fair with each other" etc. Partnerships in anything are based on trust and honesty and compromise etc. If you ever feel it's heading south, think well how to attempt a fix, avoid acting rashly etc. If it goes real bad, and you feel it's getting too one-sided, hobble through, quietly, then walk away and call it quits when your cut's in hand. Partnerships can be good, real good, or they can be bad, real bad. Kinda depends on your choice of who you're climbing into bed with, and who you are, and just how much you're each willing to put in. Thoughtful communication is the rule of the day. There's plenty of money to go around, someone who truly has your back is priceless. Good luck.