What's new

Partners....

milkon

just run and dont look back....
what you need is customers and not "partners"!!!
or is he going to do jailtime for you?

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Stay far away from this guy. He'll clearly lead to problems. If fact - I'd suggest you move now as this guy already knows your plans and interests.

You've compromised your security before you've even got started.

I agree,the guy sounds like an immature kid, probably in the early 20s or late teens. A comment about how he will only sell it if you show him the plants is sketchy at best. He gave you some ultimatum? He talks big, but when some kid's parent whom he sold an eigth to finds the sack and turns your partner in to the feds, he will narc on you in a heartbeat...or the other 50 kids he bragged about "his" weed he grew..Partnerships sound ok, but the minute your partner gave you some ultimatum B/S , the red flags started waving IMO...I wouldn't trust someone who was talking like that to me..I couldn't trust his urge to yap to everyone about "his" awesome weed..Scary, even in Cali people get rolled right and left, imagine in a state that is less compassionate with growers..very scary

Mr. Tony

Veteran
1 more thing.

it sounds like it would be this guys first time around the grow side of things so be aware that he will be excited and run his mouth off to people to try and advertise the product that is coming long before it is ready. learned this one from experience so dont take it lightly. it really fuckin blows having someone you thought had no idea you were growing come up to you and ask you how/when the harvest is doing.

this guy hasn't ran an op but he's been involved with ones bigger than i could dream of.

I trust this guy more than I trust myself.

rave420

Holly hell... How about you give selling pounds a break? Don't ever be dependent on the money and profit you can make from growing / selling money.
Have a small, personal grow, that generates enough for your smoking habbits, and some spare. Sell the spare to pay for the grow, you can sell it in whatever quantity you want (and charge dealer prices) to whoever you want. And trust me, there are enough smokers who'd love to buy a half ounce of dank for a hundred bucks. Bam, there you have the electricity costs back in your pocket.

After you have gotten a few of these grows under your belt and sold some spare on the side, you will get to know people to sell weight to. By then, you can upgrade your grow and generate some profit. Don't be so keen on selling big pounds and make mad money. Like i said, sell some small spare on the side, and even ask the smokers that you sell to. My dealer for example would be pleased to find out that i know someone that can deliver pounds of dank. Just go out and talk to people. I know that seems contrary to what everybody tells you, but... you don't have to be like "hey, i got a grow op in my basement", but you could ask fellow smokers to ask your dealer if he needed a good connection.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Holly hell... How about you give selling pounds a break? Don't ever be dependent on the money and profit you can make from growing / selling money.

I'm going to school for an accounting degree, growing will be nothing more than a hobby for me

Have a small, personal grow, that generates enough for your smoking habbits, and some spare.
Sell the spare to pay for the grow, you can sell it in whatever quantity you want (and charge dealer prices) to whoever you want.

I'd rather not be hustling bud if I'm growing it to multiple people.

And trust me, there are enough smokers who'd love to buy a half ounce of dank for a hundred bucks. Bam, there you have the electricity costs back in your pocket.

Costs are not what I'm worried about I don't want to have to sell to numerous people, I've done that before and I'd rather not fuck with it anymore.

After you have gotten a few of these grows under your belt and sold some spare on the side, you will get to know people to sell weight to. By then, you can upgrade your grow and generate some profit. Don't be so keen on selling big pounds and make mad money. Like i said, sell some small spare on the side, and even ask the smokers that you sell to. My dealer for example would be pleased to find out that i know someone that can deliver pounds of dank. Just go out and talk to people. I know that seems contrary to what everybody tells you, but... you don't have to be like "hey, i got a grow op in my basement", but you could ask fellow smokers to ask your dealer if he needed a good connection.

I could care less about the money. I just want to grow buds. I know I'm going to grow more than I can smoke/ turn into hash.

G

Guest 18340

Seems to me that the general consensus is that partnering is a bad idea, and I agree 1000000000000000000% <-And i say that from experience...

eglider

I have nothing to say...but in business in general a large payout will turn smart people stupid and good people bad. Partners in any venture is a gamblers game. Two people who love doing something together for it's own sake may venture commercial and be sucessul.
Most partnerships fail because roles are never clearly defined up front. Cost me money and heartburn to learn these simple rules. I cant imagine adding the possibility of jailtime to the deal ....At least I couldnt go to jail for selling a bad dinner....lol

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
mr tony all you know the one person you need to know ive said it once i will say it again if your man is the man then all you got to do is know him waive bows in his face and hell buy them...

but to each his own you have fun and be safe.....

boroboro

how does one go about finding a person to take #'s.

There are rapidly growing possibilities here using pseudo-anonymous technologies. Forums like this, anonymous emails, phone number re-rerouting, etc.

With these technologies I would expect to see more separation between the growers and dealer/brokers.

Creating an identity and background here, while remaining anonymous, may not be a bad start...

Then again, Julian said to just offer the waiter, busboy, or pizza guy a joint, and let events take their natural course.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
There are rapidly growing possibilities here using pseudo-anonymous technologies. Forums like this, anonymous emails, phone number re-rerouting, etc.

With these technologies I would expect to see more separation between the growers and dealer/brokers.

Creating an identity and background here, while remaining anonymous, may not be a bad start...

Then again, Julian said to just offer the waiter, busboy, or pizza guy a joint, and let events take their natural course.

the net working one can accomplish on here is immense.

Schlossi

NO Partners.

NO Partners.

If you are gonna do it.
Do it right.
Dont do it with me. Dont listen to me.
Dont share half of your profit with anyone cause no one is gonna spilt half of your Downtime.
In the Meantime.

ResinKing

Good man Tony , From what I gather listening to you , you just want to make some cash on the side from growing cannabliss and smoke the fruits of your labour and see were it takes you which is why were here unless your medical / madicinal or personal.You come in the small commercial section.. Your also from what I gather gonna do it from your own home which is fine when safety and silence is given utmost respect and wattage is kept under limits.. You said in previous posts on this thread that you have no contacts ie : drug dealers to hand the product off to..Correct me if Im wrong on that..Also tell me what is this ''partner gonna bring to the table'' Is he a grower , has he got contacts or what..Personally partners are not needed in small opertions..This is the serious part here..If you take this ''trusted'' guy in with you on the grow and he is gonna move the product your gonna get busted , never mind the endless argy bargy over who gets what....simple you cannot have the dealer working with you in the grow , then selling your product to street dealers coz it will be traced back to you and your home ,..Street dealer gets busted with half pound lets say , he rats out your partner , cops start watching him , which in turn leads to you..Game over lets go to jail..I dont think you have taught this through at all..My situation = I have a man that takes the lot off me and this is how it works , I do everything in my growroom fullstop , he has never even seen it , he is a dealer who supplies dealers and moves good weight ie : alot of contacts.. I have contacts myself but I cant sell it coz I cant take the risk off my name getting back round the streets as a dealer fullstop or I could get raided and fucked..Ive known this man for years we drank heavy together , we smoked heavy together , we been to rehab together , you understand we been down in the gutter , we been high in the sky , he is my brother in arms and the word ''trust'' well its over-used today and means nothing to most people but me and this man like other people have that bond were we know were we stand...I give him the finest dank for decent prices which makes me happy and puts my bread on the table...Dont get fuckin greedy..The same for him he gets his bread and he is happy. I have other lads there that I know would take a pound every month but I cant sell to them ,in there eyes Im outta the game hehe but my man is supplying them and who supplies him ? Yes correct..Not everybody can pull it off , you need to know the game and how it works coz if you dont well you wont last..I know people come on here for advice , and to feel the love that we have and the beliefs we share which we cant share in public life..Its kinda like couch therapy..But I feel to myself if you have to ask a question like you did starting this thread your not ready mate , not yet anyway...Hit me back and we will chat more when you tell me more bud..Peace.

Moving product and growing are too total different playing fields. Your friend has the connections to move the product. Say you harvest 4 lbs its cured dried ready to go. If you can't get rid of this quantity in bulk then you shouldn't grow that much yet, IMO. You need a guy you trust, has the cash to buy in bulk and won't steal/rip you off. Nickle, Dime, Quatering out 4 lbs is way to risky and shouldn't be connected to the grow op at all.

You take the risk of growing it and he takes the risk of moving it. I wouldn't take the risk of both things any more than I would have to.

Mr. Tony i'll try and relate this to what you've told us so far.

You want to start a grow op. The intial reason was for a continious supply of smoke for yourself, and maybe a little cash on the side. You know a guy who says he has connections and wants to partner up.

You said you're possibly looking into buying a house. Will that house end up in your name I suppose? If you're growing in your own house I'd definately tell you to keep that to yourself.

How do you unload #s? If you don't know how to unload a # why would you grow that much extra? To answer your question though, you have to make an effort to know people and take the time to know what type of business deal they offer. Is it safe, trustworthy. Afterall it is your liberty you're trying to protect. Maybe for the first couple of grows you shouldn't be thinking about #s until you find that connection.

Just cause a guy knows a guy who knows a guy doesn't entitle him to become a 50/50 partner. It's your choice though, whatever you do try and stay safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts