What's new

Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i believe we grew the 1st Golden Tiger seeds ... we harvested at various times 100/120 and finally at 150days- the plant could have gone another 30days for sure - the weed was good, but was expecting better, espec after flowering for 150days

Yep, i remember send you some to test. Would be nice to see some pictures in the Golden Tiger thread to accompany your words.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I increasly realize how much of a fantastic strain Panama is. The irony is I got the seeds as freebies. Turns out one of the 3 best weeds I've ever had so far ! Muy fantastico 🤩🤩🤩
Glad you liked Panama so much Lebanizer :) We don't state lightly that this is the best Central American sativa strain bred in this century and commercially available (and if someone has bred something comparable from the scratch in this field in the last 20 years please let me know).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Un par de Panamás.

Olor muy intenso a limón con tonos dulces. Nunca defrauda, y seguramente como todos los años sea la mejor...

Gracias Pakilikodt por compartir tu experiencia de exterior con Panamá :wave: me alegra mucho saber que repites con esta genética.
¿ Qué tal la cosecha de Panamá de este año ? Espero (y creo) estuvo a la altura!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Apologies for the crap photo's. Most of this will go into cobs on wednesday morning.

Salud Hombre del mont :) Thanks for the frequent updates on your outdoor Panama and congrats for your harvest!
I think it's not the first time you harvest this strain. How did you find last year Panama plant ? And how do you compare this year' cobs with the flowers from other seasons ? What do you prefer ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Would i need to set up a veg light for Panama if i wanna grow her outdoors at 5ºN close to the equator?

Welcome strangebabylon Our Panama strain has been strongly selected for 20 years during many genetions towards faster flowering times and faster flowering onsets, so it performs better indoors and outdoors in non tropical climates. So if you grow our Panama from seed outdoors so close to the equator it will start to flower small as soon as it reaches its sexual maturity after just a few weeks of life. For your latitude (and if you want bigger plants) better choose Oldtimer's Haze and hybrids like Panama Haze or Thai and Thai hybrids. You have a great selection of tropical sativa cultivars available on our website, from ACE and other seedbanks. Please, send us an email if you need more specific recommendations.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks bro. I will definitely keep that in mine when sharing. I always claim I only have small amounts to stop the begging or the loitering on wanted to hang out with me. The Malawi thus far has exceeded my expectations and tolerance. Can't wait to try the Panama.

Really pretty, compact and well developed Panama plant MaaXero :good:
Glad Malawi exceeded your expectations, Panama is quite different to Malawi, but i'm sure you are going to love her as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
filedata/fetch?id=18041235&d=1642073163filedata/fetch?id=18041236&d=1642073184filedata/fetch?id=18041237&d=1642073188filedata/fetch?id=18041238&d=1642073190filedata/fetch?id=18041239&d=1642073190filedata/fetch?id=18041241&d=1642073200filedata/fetch?id=18041245&d=1642073200filedata/fetch?id=18041242&d=1642073201filedata/fetch?id=18041243&d=1642073201filedata/fetch?id=18041244&d=1642073201filedata/fetch?id=18041246&d=1642073200

filedata/fetch?id=18041240&d=1642073197 Panama Breeders Pack pheno hunt. Plants are being chopped as we speak at 12 weeks, with two green phenos needing at least another week. Some beautiful examples in this run.

The lemony/Incensy phenos overall we’re shorter, with denser flowers that are covered in trichomes. Oddly enough the lemony terps seem to be stronger on my green phenos, at least in my setup.

the pink/red phenos are gorgeous, red pheno #1 is lankier and a bit more wild then red phenos #2 or #3. Red #2 was the fastest of the reds with early trichome coverage snd maturing quicker too, while red pheno #3 produced HUGE baseball bat colas. Gargantuan yielder. All thre red phenos produced beautiful pinkish / reddish pistils.

Thanks everyone!

Going grey- my main goal on this run was to find a nice keeper “Panama red”, even though the POIs on them are denser and more narcotic. I’m a sucker for nostalgia and old school strains, so I’m re-running all three red phenos once again before making a final selection. On a side note though I wouldn’t mind making a green goddess selection too, but I’m not sure what to look for. All three lemony/incensy phenos were very similar almost like clones of each other with lemony/Incensy #3 being a bit more frosty.

Of the green phenos, two of them are much longer running, needing a full week longer than all the others, thick ropy pistils and tons of them too, so many that you can’t even see the calyxes. One of the green phenos stands out in that it has more swollen calyxes, and wants to foxtail more than the others, with less pistils than the other two green phenos. It started showing frost much earlier too. I’m guessing this might be the green goddess because it looks almost identical to the Panama x Oaxacan cross I ran last run, and I know they used the green goddess for that run…. So I’m guessing it might be the green goddess due to the similarities??
I would love any input on how to differentiate the green goddess from the others, assuming I have a green goddess pheno in this run. :headbange:bow:

Wow! :tiphat: Thanks a lot OZZ_ Wonderful job, Not everyday someone grows and goes through an ACE Breeders Pack, providing such a good and accurate feedback. Your experience describes perfectly your growing skills and the personality, phenos and current state of Panama strain in all its best diversity. I agree on all your comments,very little to add other than thank and congrat you. Hope you are finding what you were looking for, although it may take to make a few runs more of your favorites ones until finally nail down the best one/s for your taste, and considering the environment you grow and select in. Your feedback on the Oaxaca x Panama is also more than welcome ;) Wish the experience motivates you and other growers to explore other ACE Breeders Packs!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Yep, i remember send you some to test. Would be nice to see some pictures in the Golden Tiger thread to accompany your words.

hey --and again... thanks for the seeds- we still have most of the pack in the fridge sitting.... with space limitations , we have not been able to try add. seeds, as our last grow was so long... BUT.. since we are in the panama thread, we do have '2' panama ladies going now, and will update next week with pics- she has only been in flower for 21days...

OZZ_

Veteran
Wow! :tiphat: Thanks a lot OZZ_ Wonderful job, Not everyday someone grows and goes through an ACE Breeders Pack, providing such a good and accurate feedback. Your experience describes perfectly your growing skills and the personality, phenos and current state of Panama strain in all its best diversity. I agree on all your comments,very little to add other than thank and congrat you. Hope you are finding what you were looking for, although it may take to make a few runs more of your favorites ones until finally nail down the best one/s for your taste, and considering the environment you grow and select in. Your feedback on the Oaxaca x Panama is also more than welcome ;) Wish the experience motivates you and other growers to explore other ACE Breeders Packs!

Thanks Dubi! It’s been a pleasure!

My current run on the red pheno keepers is going great.

Here’s my favorite pheno, red #2 at 5 weeks frosting up!!

EE496B50-993E-44CA-86E6-6A68A9BB8B38.jpeg

EFE6519A-377C-467D-923F-65EED156BBC4.jpeg

EB086520-324F-4ED2-B94D-A0EBA085DBA4.jpeg

47EF3928-67B4-4977-B3F7-A2B7AA9E9BBA.jpeg

8CA10D06-FDCE-4906-BB38-01DC1742EBB9.jpeg

C749BCAC-9584-4935-9743-B8DE674CABC1.jpeg

I have to say, the Oaxacan x Panama might beat them all in terps and frost. She’s not quite as dense but the lemony terps from the panama lose the astringent notes and pick up a fizzy effervescence…. Hard to explain but she’s lovely!!

I just compressed some of the best flowers off of her into a 14g Cannagar using a mold. Then wrapped it up with her own fan leaves…. It is now suiting at 62% RH until those leaves cure completely out. Then I will have to decide what social event to break out this lemon fizzy cannagar :dance013:

3243E9D9-CB7A-4703-A20E-C6037A7A4620.jpeg

On another note, IM SO HAPPY THEY UPGRADED THE FORUM!!!!! :groupwave:

You’ll see me around much more once again, I hate to say it but it was just too frustrating to do detailed grow logs but now these upgrades are fantastic! We are back!!

Lotto

Ozz
Your Panama red pheno hunt is progressing very well. What are your plans down the road once you find a keeper or two. Will you be using these to breed or ?
You and I discussed your previous Pan. red harvest regards to the effects. We both agreed that what we grew hit hard and left you a bit stupid.
The Panama red I grew came from a pack of free seeds from Ace. Yours are out of a breeders pack. I'm assuming the same moms and dads were used in both. Maybe Dubi can clarify.
I call mine Pan. standard #2. I've kept this clone going for a couple years. Just finished flowering one that was dusted with Vmans Mountain Gold. Viable seed and popped a few. Kept one and gave the others away. This with go in the ground very early to get it to show. I don't flower indoors in the summer months. I expect this cross will produce a honker size plant. As you mentioned, these reds finish a bit earlier than the greens. A week to 10 days earlier for my indoor grows. Outdoors, who knows.
Didn't mean to go on about my grow. I'm very curious as to what you find.

OZZ_

Veteran
Ozz
Your Panama red pheno hunt is progressing very well. What are your plans down the road once you find a keeper or two. Will you be using these to breed or ?
You and I discussed your previous Pan. red harvest regards to the effects. We both agreed that what we grew hit hard and left you a bit stupid.
The Panama red I grew came from a pack of free seeds from Ace. Yours are out of a breeders pack. I'm assuming the same moms and dads were used in both. Maybe Dubi can clarify.
I call mine Pan. standard #2. I've kept this clone going for a couple years. Just finished flowering one that was dusted with Vmans Mountain Gold. Viable seed and popped a few. Kept one and gave the others away. This with go in the ground very early to get it to show. I don't flower indoors in the summer months. I expect this cross will produce a honker size plant. As you mentioned, these reds finish a bit earlier than the greens. A week to 10 days earlier for my indoor grows. Outdoors, who knows.
Didn't mean to go on about my grow. I'm very curious as to what you find.

Lotto- I’m glad to hear about your experiences as well brother! After all that’s what these forums are all about! Sharing experiences and knowledge.

My purposes for working through this line this thoroughly is multifaceted and I’m trying to figure out how to explain it without rambling on too long 😂😂😂

I am at a junction in my growing career where I feel I am rapidly improving in my skill set. The last 5 years we have been moving from place to place, sometimes as often as every three months, so it was difficult to do any real growing other than micro grows.

Now we are settled and I have a dedicated grow room to practice and experiment with different growing techniques.

The point of all of this is that with my room, I will have the ability to keep 8 permanent mothers. I am just now working my way through all my genetics to start looking for “the ones”.

I started with the Panama line mostly because of the “Panama red” namesake and I’m a sucker for nostalgic strains. As mentioned the reds do hit fairly heavy and I’m not sure that I will keep any of them permanently because of that, not that they aren’t worthy because they most certainly are but my seed collection is huge …. Including probably about 80% of ACEs catalogue so one of those 8 spots will go to only the plants that have effects that “speak” to me.

In addition to that I’m experimenting with different growing techniques so I wanted to keep with the same strain through the different methods so I can really see which method produces in the best way. The only way to know for sure is to run the same clones.

My panama pheno hunt was done in amended soil with cannas bio line. Now I am using autopots in coco, with maxigrow, maxi bloom and on this reservoir refill I’ll be adding their PK booster Koolbloom. I am adding silica, hydroguard, SLF-100 for enzymes and of course lots of cal mag.

So far this has been an amazing grow, and likely I’ll stay with the autopots and coco but it all comes down to the smoke.

We are in week 6 of flower on the Reds. Today I’m refilling the res and I will add the PK booster. I did get a bit of burn when I pushed the EC up to 1.9…. But I have since backed off to 1.5 and that seems to have stopped. Since I’ll be adding the PK booster I’ll look to a 1.6-1.7 EC for the next two weeks then I’ll head into a full 2 weeks of flush and take them at week 10.

After this grow, I’ll try out keeper red #2 smoke once again. If it is still as dense and heavy I’ll probably move on, since so far I prefer the effect of the Oaxacan x Panama much better. I do have to mention the green phenos are much clearer, and I probably should have explored them more in depth…. But that Oaxacan x Panama goddess plant I have really grabbed my attention so I’ll likely be holding onto her for more testing as my keeper …. unless this red has a different effect being grown this way with a different technique. Also I’ll be taking the red earlier this time too so that may change things. I did do an open pollination on 25 regular panama plants so I’ll have lots of seeds to work through whenever I feel like exploring the green phenos more :good:

….. and look at that…. I ended up rambling anyway despite my best efforts! HA! :laughing::laughing::biggrin:

Here the ladies are looking chunky in week 6

59D0124B-6D72-4C57-8404-22214D3AB149.jpeg

C22F82D4-EB85-4833-90A3-6F4C7D821B07.jpeg

1667410E-360D-4063-A73B-8ED2F20DBA4E.jpeg

3D635EE9-3A32-4A49-A07C-DE6E212278A7.jpeg

A8C32C8F-8E06-4AA6-87B8-F606E879AA11.jpeg

F03B2B06-2E22-4802-A080-1171D11A66FD.jpeg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Lotto- I’m glad to hear about your experiences as well brother! After all that’s what these forums are all about! Sharing experiences and knowledge.

My purposes for working through this line this thoroughly is multifaceted and I’m trying to figure out how to explain it without rambling on too long 😂😂😂

I am at a junction in my growing career where I feel I am rapidly improving in my skill set. The last 5 years we have been moving from place to place, sometimes as often as every three months, so it was difficult to do any real growing other than micro grows.

Now we are settled and I have a dedicated grow room to practice and experiment with different growing techniques.

The point of all of this is that with my room, I will have the ability to keep 8 permanent mothers. I am just now working my way through all my genetics to start looking for “the ones”.

I started with the Panama line mostly because of the “Panama red” namesake and I’m a sucker for nostalgic strains. As mentioned the reds do hit fairly heavy and I’m not sure that I will keep any of them permanently because of that, not that they aren’t worthy because they most certainly are but my seed collection is huge …. Including probably about 80% of ACEs catalogue so one of those 8 spots will go to only the plants that have effects that “speak” to me.

In addition to that I’m experimenting with different growing techniques so I wanted to keep with the same strain through the different methods so I can really see which method produces in the best way. The only way to know for sure is to run the same clones.

My panama pheno hunt was done in amended soil with cannas bio line. Now I am using autopots in coco, with maxigrow, maxi bloom and on this reservoir refill I’ll be adding their PK booster Koolbloom. I am adding silica, hydroguard, SLF-100 for enzymes and of course lots of cal mag.

So far this has been an amazing grow, and likely I’ll stay with the autopots and coco but it all comes down to the smoke.

We are in week 6 of flower on the Reds. Today I’m refilling the res and I will add the PK booster. I did get a bit of burn when I pushed the EC up to 1.9…. But I have since backed off to 1.5 and that seems to have stopped. Since I’ll be adding the PK booster I’ll look to a 1.6-1.7 EC for the next two weeks then I’ll head into a full 2 weeks of flush and take them at week 10.

After this grow, I’ll try out keeper red #2 smoke once again. If it is still as dense and heavy I’ll probably move on, since so far I prefer the effect of the Oaxacan x Panama much better. I do have to mention the green phenos are much clearer, and I probably should have explored them more in depth…. But that Oaxacan x Panama goddess plant I have really grabbed my attention so I’ll likely be holding onto her for more testing as my keeper …. unless this red has a different effect being grown this way with a different technique. Also I’ll be taking the red earlier this time too so that may change things. I did do an open pollination on 25 regular panama plants so I’ll have lots of seeds to work through whenever I feel like exploring the green phenos more :good:

….. and look at that…. I ended up rambling anyway despite my best efforts! HA! :laughing::laughing::biggrin:

Here the ladies are looking chunky in week 6

View attachment 18127558

View attachment 18127559

View attachment 18127560

View attachment 18127561

View attachment 18127562

View attachment 18127563
Such beautuful plants. I like all the panama phenos but the red pheno is definitely my least favorite and the highs really not my thing. But my old hippie uncle said the red phenos exactly what panama red looked and felt like back in the 70's. I could swear that the green phenos are as close as you can get to what we used to get in the 90's in Texas. Its a fascinating world to say the least. Its nice to have a strain with some variety like that. If you like the green pheno I definitely recommend giving the Honduras x Panama a whirl. That goddess is nice yielding with the lemony-est of lemon smells you can imagine

Shua1991

Such beautuful plants. I like all the panama phenos but the red pheno is definitely my least favorite and the highs really not my thing. But my old hippie uncle said the red phenos exactly what panama red looked and felt like back in the 70's. I could swear that the green phenos are as close as you can get to what we used to get in the 90's in Texas. Its a fascinating world to say the least. Its nice to have a strain with some variety like that. If you like the green pheno I definitely recommend giving the Honduras x Panama a whirl. That goddess is nice yielding with the lemony-est of lemon smells you can imagine
Are the honduras phenotypes any better from your experience? I plan to hunt pure honduras for purple parental plants for hybrids, I wonder if panama adds something more to the mix.

OZZ_

Veteran

Great info buddy, I think I have exactly 3 Honduras x Panama fem beans in storage. I bet the high on that one is very nice and functional. Reviews seem to be stellar.

Cactus Squatter

Great info buddy, I think I have exactly 3 Honduras x Panama fem beans in storage. I bet the high on that one is very nice and functional. Reviews seem to be stellar.
I’m sitting here smoking HonPan right now and loving every minute of it. She’s softer feeling to me than straight Panama, and way more introspective. I love both the Hon Pan and the straight Panama and have come to realize I smoke them more often and look forward to them more than many of my other options.
The Panama from Ace is just a sweet sweet plant. Great nostalgia, great smells, great effect. Especially after a 5+ month cure or cobbed I really love them both.

RobFromTX

Are the honduras phenotypes any better from your experience? I plan to hunt pure honduras for purple parental plants for hybrids, I wonder if panama adds something more to the mix.
The honduras phenos are excellent. Massive amounts of red hairs and a really good yield imo. Although i will admit ive only had one purple pheno in the 3 times ive grown the strain. No matter though. You end up with something very nice either way

RobFromTX

I’m sitting here smoking HonPan right now and loving every minute of it. She’s softer feeling to me than straight Panama, and way more introspective. I love both the Hon Pan and the straight Panama and have come to realize I smoke them more often and look forward to them more than many of my other options.
The Panama from Ace is just a sweet sweet plant. Great nostalgia, great smells, great effect. Especially after a 5+ month cure or cobbed I really love them both.
Thats what makes it stand out for me. Besides being quite tasty its a great daytime smoke that doesn't bog you down like most strains. Although I consider panama a pretty good daytime smoke too. Definitely goes great with X-Files reruns on Sundays

RobFromTX

Guys if youre in the states and didnt get the notice from Ace about Multiverse Seeds then check them out because theyre GOLD. I literally placed an order at 10pm last night, made my online payment at 7AM today and had my package mailed out an hour ago. Shipping from within the U.S. straight to your doorstep. Its just such a relief to have a place to get Ace gear without all the drama of overseas shipping and a 3 week wait. Not that i dont appreciate all the help Ive got from our friends overseas, but we should have had something like this available years ago. Thanks for the heads up Dubi

Cactus Squatter

Guys if youre in the states and didnt get the notice from Ace about Multiverse Seeds then check them out because theyre GOLD. I literally placed an order at 10pm last night, made my online payment at 7AM today and had my package mailed out an hour ago. Shipping from within the U.S. straight to your doorstep. Its just such a relief to have a place to get Ace gear without all the drama of overseas shipping and a 3 week wait. Not that i dont appreciate all the help Ive got from our friends overseas, but we should have had something like this available years ago. Thanks for the heads up Dubi
That’s awesome! I’ll definitely be ordering the KaliChina breeders pack through them once I grow out a bunch of what I have currently. Really cool to have a US option.