What's new

Own or Rent...How do you grow?

Dr.Feelgood

Thanks for answering the questions, TB. This is all very helpful.

"Take the cash and deposit in the corporate account and send Ameritrade a shitload of money and buy some stocks that you think will take off....why not? Corporate investments and additional write-offs. Risk and reward."
What about investing in gold? No big profits, but it's not like the value would crash. Or would any gold assets be subject to seizure? I like the bearer bond idea, too.

So.....how do you show where the profits came from? I mean...don't you need checks/contracts from doing business to show how you earned the money?

G

NiteTiger said:
A quick question TB -

I've considered the incorporation angle a few times, and what's kept me from pursuing it were the possible RICO implications.

Basically, you grow through this setup, something goes horribly wrong, and you're sitting across the table from a US Attorney. Aren't you looking at sentencing enhancements given the 'sophiscated scope and scale'?

And, if it goes RICO, aren't all of your Corporate assets now at risk too, legit or not? The tainted percentage implicates the whole schmeer game US LEO likes to play?

Or are you compartmentalizing your grow props from other assets using a different subsidary corporation for each grow, so that if one goes down, the parent company just claims 'rogue subsidary', and amputate the now susp[ect corp from the parent?

Hope that made sense, it's been a looong week today :)

Good questions.

Greed is the bitch to beware here. RICO statutes are nothing to fuck around with in any form.

Consider what most homeowners and growers are doing now - nothing. The only mantra being preached is keep quiet to save your home. Hey man this is my home now subject to asset forfeiture and seizure. An entire lifes work for most people to achieve is in a home. That is pretty hefty.

Well fuck me freddy there must be more than that phrase "to keep a grow quiet" as my ass(ets) are still puckered up.

Consider the San Diego management company which recieved a two million dollar contract to rent warehouse space to "whomever" ... and they later found a drug tunnel into Mexico. The property management company's spokesperson or a statuatory agent will have "no comment" and evict the renters. The renters split but "may" still own the rental property evacuated through the parent company of the property management company.

The parent company is not a rogue. Each property is its own company. This is 100% legal and very sound.

Not every home you own has to be a grow house.

My house is owned by a Property management company so my name never appears on title. I am also a medical patient in a med friendly state which allows me to always grow (24) plants as recommended by a doctor 24/7.

If the feds bust me even though I am protected under state law, I do not own the home I reside. A company owns the home. I rent from a company. There are no RICO implications in that scenario. Plus what is the alternative everyone is playing and your name is on the homes title when the eviction notice arrives...the company is evicting you in my scenario.....ultimately you are the company.

Dr. FEELGOOD - Ok now you asked how do you account for money burning through the corporation? Cash is not an uncommon business practice. In my profession, many times clients will pay cash for expert witness advise at a rate of $200.00-$400.00 per hour (defect litigation or inspection services). I consulted with a very wealthy client who was a massive homebuilder and was paid $30k for two weeks worth of work. The client needed advise on defensive strategies to protect his assets against litigation so we suggested binding arbitration clauses in all his sales contracts and we were treated like royalty $$$ for the ideas.

Burning money up in a company is very easy to do. Greed again is the bitch to beware.

Last edited:
G

Dr.Feelgood said:
Thanks for answering the questions, TB. This is all very helpful.

"Take the cash and deposit in the corporate account and send Ameritrade a shitload of money and buy some stocks that you think will take off....why not? Corporate investments and additional write-offs. Risk and reward."
What about investing in gold? No big profits, but it's not like the value would crash. Or would any gold assets be subject to seizure? I like the bearer bond idea, too.

So.....how do you show where the profits came from? I mean...don't you need checks/contracts from doing business to show how you earned the money?

Gold is a good investment.

The key is diversification of the investment portfolio.

Never place all your investment eggs in one basket. I did not mean to suggest giving everything to AmeriTrade as they are only a slice of the portfolio.

You can always dummy up cash invoices for services rendered for *ahem* defunct companies or sole propreitorships to justify income.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
NorCalRasta - If only you could do business legally in a med state :) As far as Uncle Sam goes, there is no legal MJ biz.

TB - Right, I understand what you're saying. I don't think my question was real clear. Let me rephrase using the example you used, the SD Tunnel Warehouse. Assuming the feds now turn thier investigative attention to the property management company as a possible front corporation for the smugglers, aren't all the properties owned by that company - legit or not - now at risk under RICO, assuming, of course, the feds find evidence supporting this?

G

NiteTiger said:
NorCalRasta - If only you could do business legally in a med state :) As far as Uncle Sam goes, there is no legal MJ biz.

TB - Right, I understand what you're saying. I don't think my question was real clear. Let me rephrase using the example you used, the SD Tunnel Warehouse. Assuming the feds now turn thier investigative attention to the property management company as a possible front corporation for the smugglers, aren't all the properties owned by that company - legit or not - now at risk under RICO, assuming, of course, the feds find evidence supporting this?

As far as the feds are concerned - weed is illegal.

The warehouse is its own company. The buck stops there. The property management company can not be held liable for stuff outside its control or the actions of the renters unless it had knowledge of illegal affairs (this is a dicey area).

The parent company is clean.

The books are kept separate for each property because each property is its own company. (sounds confusing but it limits liability exposures).

The bitch is figuring out who the partners are in state which do not allow anyone to know who are the officers of incorporation because of corporate secrecy laws ......the paper work submitted to the state has your resident agents name only as a point of contact.

I hope that made sense...sometimes I think I confuse my own silly ass.... :confused:

mmm420socal

ThunderBolts said:
You can always dummy up cash invoices for services rendered for *ahem* defunct companies or sole propreitorships to justify income.

This actually works well :)

Hehehe, don't ask how I know.

M

P.S. EVERYONE should be a dog groomer, or a candle sales man hahahahaha

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
ok, gotcha TB. You're relying on the resident agent as a cut off point. Now I see the extreme value of having your resident agent be an attorney - You're not only counting on misdirection for insulation, you're also calling into play the attorney client bond. Not to mention well established landlord tenant law.

Basically, you'd have to be running with Al-Queda as your entourage for the gov't to be able to crack it, and even then, you're going to know the storm is coming LOOOONG before it hits.

I'm all caught up now, pardon my sleep-deprived ramblings :D

That, and I like to play devil's advocate ;)

G

NiteTiger said:
ok, gotcha TB. You're relying on the resident agent as a cut off point. Now I see the extreme value of having your resident agent be an attorney - You're not only counting on misdirection for insulation, you're also calling into play the attorney client bond. Not to mention well established landlord tenant law.

Basically, you'd have to be running with Al-Queda as your entourage for the gov't to be able to crack it, and even then, you're going to know the storm is coming LOOOONG before it hits.

I'm all caught up now, pardon my sleep-deprived ramblings :D

That, and I like to play devil's advocate ;)

You have to try and poke holes and plays devils advocate to get at the truth and there is nothing wrong with that approach. :dueling: :sasmokin: I can roll with it ......

You have basically nailed it in your summation.

Dr.Feelgood

Thanks again, TB. I dig it!

SO.....(and this may be the last question or five) what if LEO discovers that growing is going on at a property that you own and conducts surveillence (sp?) to see who is growing the green? If they see you going into and out of the house every day, then what is your alibi? "I'm just stopping by to do some renovation work, officer." (?) And I suppose this is where the no-bare-hands only-latex-gloves rule comes into play conerning the grow room? :canabis:

haha Just thought of another: What about utilities? Who's name do you have it put in? Or can the corporation, with its anonymous officers, get the utilities turned on? :)

Last edited:

FLUENT

Great thread...I wish i had some assets to protect :violin:

Are grow-ops in med friendly states considered legitimate businesses, which you can take loans out for? how much red tape is involved if someone would want to move to california and start a grow-op, supplying medical establishments? it sounds great but I know it can't be that easy..

Last edited:
G

ClosetMonster said:
lol... this thread has turned out to Drug related banking, and Drug Mogo Real Estate 101.. and I am loving it.

You are welcome !! :biglaugh: :yeahthats

G

Dr.Feelgood said:
Thanks again, TB. I dig it!

SO.....(and this may be the last question or five) what if LEO discovers that growing is going on at a property that you own and conducts surveillence (sp?) to see who is growing the green? If they see you going into and out of the house every day, then what is your alibi? "I'm just stopping by to do some renovation work, officer." (?) And I suppose this is where the no-bare-hands only-latex-gloves rule comes into play conerning the grow room? :canabis:

haha Just thought of another: What about utilities? Who's name do you have it put in? Or can the corporation, with its anonymous officers, get the utilities turned on? :)

I would not use my primary residence as a major grow op for starters but it can be done.

But lets say you have a secondary residence that is a major grow op and one room is always locked so that it is not available to inspect and you are caught at the property. Landlords have to respect that maybe someone is asleep or sick or whatever reason and a landlord inspection is generally cursory but you are ready in the rare event you are busted on-site. How?

Here is an alibi: You merely have a form letter on the rare dates you visit as though you are executing an eviction on behalf of the property management company ..."alibi number one" ... and it is plausable deniability......utilities can be turned on by the renter-caretaker or the company ... you decide. More control is exercised if the company is in charge of all utilities and you can see if the caretakers growing are indeed spinning the meter. Digital photos work to verify a grow room is indeed set up by placing something unique as a identifier on the walls .....

Dr.Feelgood

You merely have a form letter on the rare dates you visit
That's the thing. Rare dates? Do you have someone else grow in the properties that you own? Because tending to plants is a time consuming thing and if you are always seen at the property, then I would guess the aforementioned alibi might not fly.

I think I must've missed something from earlier.

G

Dr.Feelgood said:
That's the thing. Rare dates? Do you have someone else grow in the properties that you own? Because tending to plants is a time consuming thing and if you are always seen at the property, then I would guess the aforementioned alibi might not fly.

I think I must've missed something from earlier.

I did not discuss the dynamics of who is where so you did not miss anything and more of an oversight on my part. It is a good deal of information to impart in a manner which makes sense and doesn't get my dumb ass lost ...... ahahhaha

You need a caretaker for each property. Someone you can trust otherwise the alibi sucks ass.............remember this is a secondary residence so you are not really needed unless you suspect your care taker is fucking off.

Even if this is your primary residence and you get popped, the cops get to notify the property management company to evict your ass because they are on title and NOT YOU.

You have a feel for the structure so in essense you are evicting yourself.....right? Pretty slick if you ask me que no ?

I love America :yummy: :sasmokin:

G

FLUENT said:
Great thread...I wish i had some assets to protect :violin:

Are grow-ops in med friendly states considered legitimate businesses, which you can take loans out for? how much red tape is involved if someone would want to move to california and start a grow-op, supplying medical establishments? it sounds great but I know it can't be that easy..

Grow-ops are legitimate to the extent of a functioning non-profit cooperative in California as per Senate Bill 420.

Small business loans for illegal purposes will not happen. Sorry.

Unless you know Tony Montana ? (Scar-face)

br26

i'll grow in the apt, outside and in cars parked, at people's houses and wherever the ganj can grow

somoz

Veteran
ThunderBolts said:
Sorry as I did not mean to hijack this thread.

I guarantee you the info will NOT be broken down as I presented on any marijuana site to cover ones ass.

If so, I would love to see a link because keeping my ass(ets) covered is pretty high on my list of priorities.

Peace :wave:

:hijacked: way to highjack my thread TB. u bastid.

ur only educating on how to evade, distribute, laundry, and run a proffesional MJ opp. brilliant. :muahaha: glad i started this thread. it looks like its gonna lead to green pastures. keep up the show and bearer bonds. fuck ya.

somoz

G

Sheeet ....... no problem .... :biglaugh: :headbange :smoweed:

somoz said:
:hijacked: way to highjack my thread TB. u bastid.

ur only educating on how to evade, distribute, laundry, and run a proffesional MJ opp. brilliant. :muahaha: glad i started this thread. it looks like its gonna lead to green pastures. keep up the show and bearer bonds. fuck ya.

somoz

G

If any attorneys want to poke holes or play devils advocate - be my guest. Bring it. :sasmokin: :dueling: :wave: