What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Owls Production?

Alpen rock

Will be next season

Cooool news mate!!
Good luck in your project :)
Is there a thread somewhere in which we could follow the progression of these little babies??

I'm putting the popcorn in the microwave, grabbin a fresh Pivo and a hash chunk fr the show :mrgreen:

LTTMK

i have get some beans from first batch from 1988 in swiss
i have F2 line here from that time, i will make F3 line ....

Do you mean the Purpurea Ticinensis ? Would be very interesting since the original line is gone officially. I do have the "new" Purpurea but I would really love to grow the "old" one once.

Happy 7

Planted 5 orig. PT seeds which I found in my seedbox 2 days ago.
Must have been in the back of the fridge for about a decade.
So far 1/5 made it above soil.
Plan is to grow them outdoors guerilla style.
But I probably take clones for an indoor seed grow (PT f2, PT x Early Bubblegum, PT x (Leb27xC99)).

LTTMK

As far as I know Felix lives in Spain and still produces. The seeds are only available at unitedseedbanks. But the Purpurea is not the old version anymore. In 2002 or so he crossed in some Fiber Hemp (not the kind with the THC bred out) to make it "legal" because it was "fiber hemp". The original Parental plants were ripped by police over time. So anyone who still has some of the old seeds must reproduce, otherwise the original line is gone.
I have never grown out the original line. Just the new one. It's a great outdoor plant and it's sticky as fuck (and some phenos potent as hell). A bit leafy and long internodes (fiber hemp) and the yield is quite good. If you select the right pheno you can even grow it indoors.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Thanks for the info, but nice to hear he is still growing and selling his seeds.Interesting btw he used a hemp variety where THC was not bred out.I heard that some growers from Czech republic still have the old version of PT.

Keep on growing :)

cannanaut

As far as I know Felix lives in Spain and still produces. The seeds are only available at unitedseedbanks. But the Purpurea is not the old version anymore. In 2002 or so he crossed in some Fiber Hemp (not the kind with the THC bred out) to make it "legal" because it was "fiber hemp". The original Parental plants were ripped by police over time. So anyone who still has some of the old seeds must reproduce, otherwise the original line is gone.
I have never grown out the original line. Just the new one. It's a great outdoor plant and it's sticky as fuck (and some phenos potent as hell). A bit leafy and long internodes (fiber hemp) and the yield is quite good. If you select the right pheno you can even grow it indoors.

Where did you hear this story about mixing original PT with fiber hemp? Seems illogical.

If Felix lost parental plants, he could always be able to make new seeds from original ones he gave to his friends. I hardly believe that there is new and old PT.

bogatin

I have two guerilla spots with PT this year. Plan is to cull males at one spot and open pollinate at another. I planted 60+ original seeds. 1st spot 14 alive and well over foot. Second spot just planted 30 beans few days ago...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I have two guerilla spots with PT this year. Plan is to cull males at one spot and open pollinate at another. I planted 60+ original seeds. 1st spot 14 alive and well over foot. Second spot just planted 30 beans few days ago...

That's great to see there will be a seed grow :yes:

Keep on growing :)

LTTMK

I hardly believe that there is new and old PT.
There are two versions. Anyone that has grown out the original PT and has grown the new one after says it is a different plant. And I actually believe that since I have grown the new one a lot. The internodes are on most plants very very long (and often very thin) and it is more sativa influenced than it says in the old description.
The fiber hemp story is true. Just think of the Strawberry cut (Erdbeer) which is Afghan x Fiber Hemp (back then nobody even thought of breeding THC out).
Even Esbe on this board in the "Purpurea Ticinensis" Thread says the new line is different. That does not mean it is bad.

cannanaut

LTTMK, thank you for your replay. :)

Word "Fiber Hemp" is little confusing to me. If I get it, "Fiber Hemp" is Marijuana grown for industrial purposes(inbreed for fiber). From my point of view, it is not Hemp then, because Hemp is word used for Cannabis Sativa with low level of THC. Maybe I am wrong, very probably I am. :) :bongsmi:

Esbe mentioned that new line of PT is worked out to get rid of mutations.

Those informations about PT and Erdbeer you gave are more than interesting, but are they only speculations, rumors you heard or you have real, truth knowledge about them?

Do not get me wrong bro! :respect:

LTTMK

Well the story about the PT is true. The laws about cannabis in Switzerland were not really precise. That allowed it to grow that much weed back in the 90ies and early 2000's in CH. In 2002 and 2003 police started to raid Breeders and growers over and over again. Because of that Felix thought it would be legal if he just declared it as Fiber Hemp. Sure the move he did is kind of illogical to us. But I don't know what I would've done in that situation.
Fiber Hemp in Switzerland didn't have to be low THC 'till 2003 because the law allowed it to. I don't remember exactly about the story of the "Erdbeer"-Cut but AFAIK it was a breeding program on some swiss university (or whatever) to breed the best fiber hemp for swiss climate. Some of these seeds were given to some hippie who crossed them to something else (probably some Afghan) and from that seed batch Erdbeer was born.

Now it wasn't me who wrote that story, so I can't guarantee that it is true.
I found the PT to have very clear similarities to Fiber Hemp. A cross I made (Mandala #1 x PT) also had most of these similarities. Especially the long internodes.

Hemp is actually just the english word for the plant. Cannabis Sativa is just the Latin word for it and marijuana is spanish. So it all means the same.

Happy 7

I found the PT to have very clear similarities to Fiber Hemp. A cross I made (Mandala #1 x PT) also had most of these similarities. Especially the long internodes.

Exactly, the early version of PT resembled some sort of afghan hybrid and there have been rumors that it actually was a relabeled Purple#1 (Dutch Passion) with a made up but 'nice' origin story attached (Found in the garden of an old lady...).

Owl's later version has a lot of plants that grow lanky, with slim leaflets and virtually no branches just like fiber hemp.
Besides of it's earliness, cold temp purpling and maybe the uncommon smell, there's very little to like about this later version of PT.

bogatin

Purpurea Tichinesis...

picture.php

picture.php

Happy 7

Are those from the old seeds or new version seeds?
I have new version, they are still babies and look mostly indica.

I wish I knew. The 5 seeds that I had left were at least 10 years old. Only 1 germinated. I don't know the exact year they were made, though.

edit: Culled it on 07/25. Started flowering... intersexed...