What's new

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
apparently there is very little moisture needed to start a seed, i found one on my plant this morning still in the seedpod skin but cracked and ready to sprout a taproot. musta splashed a lil water on the buds one day by accident.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
great idea. i just toss some out of my pocket here and there, i haven't put much thought into a large scale thing. mostly cuz i don't have thousands of seeds, only hundreds. i guess i better make a seed run.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Kinda the same trick :smoweed:

[youtubeif]NPyfEzowLWs[/youtubeif]

that's great !!!

before i every grew i kept all my bagseed seeds... i had a gallon bag about half full when i just threw them in the trash one day.

i would kill to have all those seeds back to toss around freely...

oh well with any luck about 10,000 plants will come up in a couple sq ft of a dump some where :D

G

Guest 26753

Thanks for the positive support and all the contributions to this thread. Sometimes the simplest of ideas can have profound benefit.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Ah hell GP.. you're just like a lot of us.. growing up sorting seeds. It was normal. Seeds aren't bad these days..not to me anyway. Smoking Moose..not a bad thread

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
great idea. i just toss some out of my pocket here and there, i haven't put much thought into a large scale thing. mostly cuz i don't have thousands of seeds, only hundreds. i guess i better make a seed run.
I do it the same wau as u. I have a bunch of unwanted bagseeds saved for throwing around my neighborhood parks.

Thanks for the positive support and all the contributions to this thread. Sometimes the simplest of ideas can have profound benefit.
that is so so true. :D

as soon as may or sooner is here Ill be tossing my bagseeds out. cant wate to see how it plays out. I might try to make a few soil seed balls too this season. :D

mad librettist

Veteran
won't the seeds start germing if you put em in wet clay?
good healthy seeds only need a littlebit of moist to start the germinating process
my 2 cents

first you have to follow the directions properly. second you should be making them on a warm sunny day, and they should dry fast enough to prevent this. indoor a fan directly on them works too.

never had the problem actually and I made lots of seedballs.

mad librettist

Veteran
hav gelatin capsules been mentioned Yet?? Takes about a hour to dissolve

the seedball is actually a life pod for the seed, allowing you to sow in pretty gnarly looking places.

glycerin would leave you with a seed instead of a seed sitting in compost and clay.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It sounds like there were more than a few seedbombs that were set off in Indiana lol, thousands of plants erradicated by LEO in multiple locations. Either that, or they were chopping wild hemp to boost their numbers.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It sounds like there were more than a few seedbombs that were set off in Indiana lol, thousands of plants erradicated by LEO in multiple locations. Either that, or they were chopping wild hemp to boost their numbers.

Chopping wild hemp, most likely. There are wild hemp fields in northern Indiana, where the hemp grows taller than the corn, but it's no good for smoking.

So, if they're throwing them seedbombs out in Indiana, pollination can only improve the overall gene pool, imo.

purpltraitor

lol. overgrow the world. there would never be enough dea agents to get rid of them all. the only prob i see is males pollinating the females.

G

Guest 26753

Not if the nutrient is in the form of a well composted manure, for example.

Latest posts

Latest posts