What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But you would agree a step up from carpet bombing land mines?

I realised after posting this is actually from 1999... but yeah neat idea. Perhaps once we terraform mars?

Can420

Bump

Going to make some seedbombs on the weekend. Here is a crazy idea, anyone have a RC plane or quad copter, even a reg copter. Make a simple bomb hold and fly over some nice forested areas and drop payload... I was even thinking of using my slingshot for getting distance

here is a link about using helium balloons http://www.balloonsgalorelansing.com/environment.html
Im going to take a look at costco to see if they have a helium balloon kit there
http://www.balloonsgalorelansing.com/environment.html

Last edited:

jkahndb0

I would just toss seeds around as i walked through the forest... But this is a much better method.. I have 100s+++ of seeds lying around, gonna make these "bombs" and toss them EVERYWHERE!... ( we don't have guerrilla growers near me, so that's not an issue)
Wouldn't releasing a mass of balloons be bad for the environment?

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I was thinking about seed bombs today, thinking of places I'd love to drop some. I don't have very many seeds, though, and I have to risk ordering them through the mail.

Easy7

Veteran
A model rocket could probably handle a few dozen seeds. Just put them in the flame retardent paper, that keeps the chute from flaming. Shoot it over a corn field, lol!!

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I don't know about a corn field, they're likely to go completely unnoticed. I think it would be awesome to put them on busy city streets in places where they won't get mowed.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
:yeahthats

I think the main objective of seed bomning, is for it to be as in your face, as much as possible. In the alleyways, along sidewalks with a border, fence lines, your city's huge planters pots downtown! Any place out in the open, that has a chance for the seed to take hold, will make the powers-that-be spend the resources to, "get it all!" :D

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
:yeahthats

I think the main objective of seed bomning, is for it to be as in your face, as much as possible. In the alleyways, along sidewalks with a border, fence lines, your city's huge planters pots downtown! Any place out in the open, that has a chance for the seed to take hold, will make the powers-that-be spend the resources to, "get it all!" :D

Exactly. The object of the game isn't to harvest, it's to have those fan leaves popping up where they're least expected, to rattle the status quo. You know they're going to pull them as soon as they notice them. But when they see it, we win. Like ha ha fuckers, making a plant illegal? How's that working out?

Docteur

Guerrilla bomber salutes you all

Guerrilla bomber salutes you all

I am a guerrilla bomber too !

I make seed bombs with all my spare bag seed.

Threw a bunch behind the 5-0 building into their garden - woods.

:laughing:

The Man who brought this idea mainstream is one of my Gurus his name is Masanobu Fukuoka, a pioneer in the Organic movement and the writter of the One-straw Revolution, a must read book about organic farming.

Here is some video to enjoy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-bwW8PWI0

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I always have bagseed on me that Ive collected over the years of growing.
I put beans in the soil of the plants they sell at supermarkets.

twistedthreads

Latest posts

Latest posts