What's new

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

supermanlives

Veteran
i have thought about marking containers i have put seeds in and posting it on the net LOL would be funny to watch a bunch of stoners buy everything in a rush

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i always throw seeds in the park in front of peoples houses, in the city flowerboxes, in the planters outside of city hall...

overgrow the planet!

Littleleaf

Veteran
I makeing a gazillion auto seeds to spread around. That way when they are found it will be picking time.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeds in the plants at home depot kicks ass you can do it totally stealth and they dont germinate for a few days so nobody knows just watch for fingerprints dont touch the pots just put the seeds about a 1/4" down in soil and act like you are looking at the plants. The veggie section is perfect for this, choose the large containers they hold more moisture and the seedlings will have better root systems. Even better if you plant towards the back of the container not the front where everyone is looking when they water them. :good:

Some beans taped to the inside cover of High Times at the bookstore is always fun too just take it in the bathroom with you and place back on shelf don't worry nobody will mind finding them in there! :biggrin:

G

Guest 26753

Imagine if we had seed bomb dispensaries like this on every corner.

SeedBombs.jpg

This is a result using flower seeds

seed+bombs+growing.jpg

And how about flower grenades using cannabis seeds lol

flower-grenades-by-Tony-Minh-Nguyen-and-Showhome.jpg

kabloom-seedbom.jpg

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bow: Awesome..now how do we get some and fill them with Sweet Tooth seeds? :biggrin:

mrcreosote

Veteran
Make your local D.O.T. road-crew or mow contractor happy. Seedbomb on the edge of the mowline along your freeways.

It's a hot crappy job in the summer and by falls last mow they get a bonus.

Also nice for the jumpsuit prison weed-whackers...County lock-up would become a bit more tolerable if your pockets were filled with roadkill.

Hiding those colas might be a bit of a flavor killer though...

GanjaPharma

ok:
get a job at the biggest birdseed company you can find. dump a few hundred pounds of special hemp seed into the mix.
move to spain before homeland security catches on to your eco-terrorist plot.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
:bump::bump::bump:

Awesome idea! I have a bunch of bagseed I'll probably never grow out and these bombs would be a great way to use them up.

Now to figure out the best place to "bomb"!

G

Guest 26753

It's Spring in Australia so I am re-posting this to remind the Aussie seed bombers to get out there and do their stuff.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I been making up some seedbombs with local red clay and wallaby/possum poop. Works a treat!

Going to spread the love all over the joint :smoke:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's Spring in Australia so I am re-posting this to remind the Aussie seed bombers to get out there and do their stuff.

I like that mate! I see you in command of an entire squadron of old DAP Beaufighters outfitted with your seed bombs instead of the usual ordinance.......

mad librettist

Veteran
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this was covered...

Masanobu Fukuoka invented this technique and its chief advantage is protection from birds and ants. Second is encouraging seeds to sprout only after heavy rain, and also providing a life support system.

Has anyone addressed how many seeds should go in a ball, and what kind? Fukuoka did this with rice and his seed ball (not bombs folks!) size was designed to hold just one rice seed.

With cannabis, we might want to include:

1)spores for mycorrhizae
2)crimson clover seed and inoculant
3)worm castings
4)a bit of azomite/rock dust
5)using aerated compost tea to moisten the clay

whether seed balls will help depends on the type of seed. For wildflowers, they really don't help germination and success rates. Best thing fo wildflowers is just to mix 1 part flower seed with 2-4 parts sand.

If you want to use seedballs for something other than cannabis, the most popular choice is sunflowers.

mad librettist

Veteran
moderately positive, but you'd better be sure you can do it w/o being noticed. I would expect less than a 5% germ rate, better have a TON of seeds.

germ rate is freaking awesome with seed balls. The design holds off germination until soil temps and moisture are right. That isn't the issue.

As far as being noticed, this is an example of the thief who thinks everyone else must be a thief too. Lots of ways to look like you are doing something else:

1)bend down and pick something up off the ground and look at it. As you discard it, let go of the seed balls in your hand.
2)walk a dog, and have a pouch for treats - and seedballs
3)throw seedballs out just a few at a time, never carrying more than a handful
4)try to get clay that is the same color as local soil - the ultimate is local clay.
5)have some pigeon food, so you get a fine for feeding pigeons instead of eco-terrorism (please don't feed pigeons, squirrels, and waterfowl)

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I wonder if this is how random pot plants always seem to grow early in the season at my local police station.......

dread

Veteran
won't the seeds start germing if you put em in wet clay?
good healthy seeds only need a littlebit of moist to start the germinating process
my 2 cents