What's new

Overgrow Family Check In Here

T

tropicannayeah

Overgrow was special and we should be thankful to have been part of it.....but I wonder if the members of Overgrow had been given a chance to buy ownership shares then would OG still be online today?

All that would of been needed was $10,000 (and I'm guessing here) to have kept it afloat but it was sold to a seed seller which eventually didn't work out too well for him (or his stash of gold bars) and was fatal to Overgrow...

Can you imagine what a 1000th of Overgrow.com (that perhaps would of cost $10 or $20, say 11 or more years ago) would be worth now if that site, or should I say our site, was still up and running....tens of millions.

but I guess everyone is wise in hindsight and I should of also of bought Apple when it first listed too and gold when it was $200 an oz.

Last edited:

PLAYn

Same name, I was TOG. Have been in contact recently with Sports, Tommy, Angry Dyke and Old Pink
12187795_10208302468947792_7130670264851353253_n.jpg

The Pheonix

i learned to grow from Overgrow, i was very young did not post back then.

nice to see the name still crop up :)

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
10 years ago today that Overgrow was taken offline. It does seem like a long time ago now but I still wonder where all that time has gone

Such a sad loss because it was a brilliant growing resource, a really well made forum/website and when it went away it splintered the huge community across a load of different websites and a lot of people lost touch with each other

Smoking one for OG :joint:

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
that many years ago were OG whas online & its whas a good place to meet there ...

kaka_

hello to all... still kaka here so I can run into old friends.

Overgrow was a special place with so much heart, I don't know of any site that has ever achieved that again. OG came was built by a mix of people from alt.drugs.pot.cultivation and weedbase. I know flick was kicking around the idea of an online magazine probably late 98. A few of us had a little message board to discuss its development. I went on summer tour, came home and overgrow was up and running. That was summer 1999.

I think oldtimer1's bonsai mother article may have been the most useful thing I ever learned from that site. It can still be found using google.

The chat was absolutely rocking all hours of the day. Massive fun times had. Shout out to old friends... flick, shiva, the entire adpc crew, icecold, soquick, and so many more.

Overgrow was an incredible reference at a time when we had not a lot to work from.

Overgrow the govt!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes....10 years ago we all lost Overgrow, but it still is fondly remembered by many, including myself...

I had thousands of pics in my gallery that I didn't back-up, and so they were lost when OG went down, such a loss..

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Yes....10 years ago we all lost Overgrow, but it still is fondly remembered by many, including myself...

Me too, I still miss OG or at least the idealistic view I always had but lately have been thinking of the legacy and what OG has spawned - PoM, Silkroad, ~s~ in prison, RC, rezdog, etc. not to mention all of the crap Gypsy has inherited from some of these folks.

Seems like Overgrow was just a dream and now I'm waking up.:tiphat:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
OG Chat, brought to you by Chimera Seeds! I had to spank ~RC~ into honoring that agreement after ~S decided to move to BC and setup a garden and left OG floating on the open seas. Really things took a dive after the CW/HS/OG merger... what a gong show that was looking back.

As the moderator of S&H and the Breeder's Lab, I fondly remember deleting spam threads from Rezdork, and trolling PoM's Plural of G13 seed releases for the hack-jobs they were.

Good times!

Lots of good folks, info and lost pics on that site... but I'm definitely glad things didn't turn too sour for many when the site went down.. it sure could well have!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
how come a lot of posts are back from og but not the pics????..the og site is up again last I checked but I couldn't remember my email or password...yeehaw...I want my pics back...the original DAVESNOTHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I still have a Krusty the Clown watch. To remind me.

Cadfael,

Nice to see your still kickin' it...your making me wish for a watch....lol

Krusty was a clown....not stupid. He also grew some big ass trees, with huge buds, indoors, in buckets of his design...Krusty Buckets.

Still a clown though....lol. He stirred so much shit. He was smart enough to be dumb and make sure to argue every point he ever made. The good ones and the bad. What a shame. Still I was fascinated enough to make my own attempt indoors at big buds. This is what his shit stirred from me.

picture.php

picture.php

Long live Krusty The Clown from OG

Last edited:

billbo

This is when growsjoe1 joined ICmag 10-15-2004 under the name billbo.

growsjoe1 grew that big bud in 2004.

Latest posts

Latest posts