What's new

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Nice done. the buds look tasty. :yummy:

Thanks - they are... and an excellent effect. No reveg though so I will be on the hunt for another pure tropical type.

I have opted to keep Schnazz#3 B as she is my favourite to smoke and (as luck would have it) the least susceptible to PM. Both the Schnazz#3 and the Citrus Paradiso mothers have sat happily outside all winter and look good.

The CP harvest was a little strange though - very wispy buds compared to her first harvest - we'll see...

The Malawi x PCK were kept far too long in small pots in an attempt to save space until they were sexed - as a result they are a little stunted and scabby looking. I don't want to grow like that again!

I made a pre flower cull of a few that had little vigour and some that were slightly affected by PM - thinking I could try to develop a PM resistant population - but I have ended up with 10 females and no males :(

Not to worry - they have been on 12/12 since the turn of the year and clones have been taken and fingers crossed.

Bud photos to follow.

El Timbo

The MxPCK are down to 9 (another case of PM) of which there are 5 green and 4 purple. I have rooted clones of 8 of them - which I am pleased with as they were not too healthy when I took the cuts.

Yield will be very low this run but my main aim now is to select 1 of each type for a future grow.

In the meantime I have planted 10 seeds of Incense Haze x Blockhead and 9/10 have germinated with some hope remaining for the other one.

El Timbo

So I have 2 early favourites from the Malawi x PCK - a green and a purple. The purple has that fruits of the forest aroma I'm looking for.

The 9 Incense Haze x Blockhead are showing some variation in early leaf shape. Not sure what I'm hoping for with these - we shall see!

El Timbo

The final Incense Haze x Blockhead made it (with some help and the loss of a cotyledon) - so that's a perfect 10/10 germination rate.

I'm enjoying the previous harvest now it has cured - all the Schnazz 3s are good and the bluebonic is also very nice!

El Timbo

As luck would have it my favourite smelling purple MxPCK (number 9) is the lowest yielding - this is number 2 at 6 weeks.

El Timbo

I'm thinking that I may give 2 purples and 2 greens another chance and my initial choice (based on aromas) is

9 - lowest yielding purple with best berry aroma

2 - higher yielding purple with some berry aroma

7 - medium yielding green with sweet aroma

8 - higher yielding green with very sweet aroma

They will be harvested before the Incense Haze x Blockhead are ready to flower so I will have a break from my twice daily trips from cupboard to terrace.

El Timbo

Clones of the favoured four in the foreground with the IHxBH seedlings behind and other clones in the background. The Citra Paradiso and Schnazzleberry#3 mothers on the right.

These plants are outside 24/7 with the solar light coming on for a few hours at night - the 2 mothers have been there all winter and are doing great.

And not a spot of PM to be seen!

El Timbo

I seem to have got over my seed buying frenzy - it's maddeningly addictive. My seed stash at close of frenzy is:

Schnazzleberry #3 fems - Chimera (germing)
Congo x Sweet Skunk fems - Chimera
SPG x Blueberry regs/fems - Chimera
Incense Haze x Blockhead regs - Chimera
Sweet Skunk x Jack regs - Chimera
Malawi x PCK regs - ACE
Ghana regs - Cannabiogen

plus various freebies

I WILL NOT BE BUYING MORE :)

I've managed to keep my promise! So my current seed stash is:

Congo x Sweet Skunk fems - Chimera
SPG x Blueberry regs/fems - Chimera
Sweet Skunk x Jack regs - Chimera
Ghana regs - Cannabiogen

Enough for another 2/3 years - Not a bad collection to be stranded on an island with! Perhaps I went a little overboard on the Sweet Skunk crosses :)

El Timbo

Cheers Gizmo!

Recently topped clones of purple 9 (left) and green 7 (right) showing how 9 has a more NLD structure.

Can't wait to try these! I still have a nicely varied stash to select from - SSH, Sweet tooth, NL, Caribe, Schnazzleberry 3, Blubonic, Malawi x Panama.

Last edited:

El Timbo

photo2025861.jpg
photo2025862.jpg

The CP and SB3 mothers after spending all winter outdoors - they have been repotted into bigger pots and will be grown on and flowered alongside the IHxBH - which are very vigorous!

El Timbo

I vaped the very last of the Dawgs Bollocks the other day - I think I detected some orange taste in it that I hadn't picked out before. All in all it was a good plant!

El Timbo

The IHxBH at 5 weeks. They have been topped and are looking vibrant after some rain a couple of days ago.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IHxBH 5 weeks.JPG Views:	0 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	17797768

I've noticed an unusual effect from the Malawi x Panama - I've always noticed how it enhances visuals and often inspires me to look for my camera but it can also induce something like motion sickness. It has happened to me once on a train as I was staring out the window as the train moved off and once in a car. It has happened to other people as well. Just something to be aware of as otherwise it's a lovely effect.

El Timbo

A group shot of the MxPCK at 10 weeks - I have found a few small spots of PM on number 7 (one of my favoured greens) so that will be born in mind when I make my selection. I still haven't secured a clone from the Citra Paradiso mother... I had 3 in the humidity box but I discovered PM on them as well! I will try again but I'm thinking that the Citra Paradiso may not be a long term keeper.

MxPCK 10 weeks.JPG

El Timbo

Yesterday I found aphids on the 2 sweetest smelling MxPCKs Green 8 had a lot of them and some ruined buds - I harvested her - and Purple 9 had a few. All my fault as I should have been more vigilant with checking under the leaves - I won't let it affect my choice of which will get a second run (they both definitely will). More PM on Green 7 - not enough to affect the buds but still :(

The only one I don't have a clone of - Purple 3 - has also been harvested and I am attempting a reveg. At least this is a good time of year for it! Any tips would be very welcome...

DSCF9323[1].JPG