What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Just had a stoner revelation moment... I had the six plants up on a bench but now I have them behind the bench - which allows me to spread them out a little more, will result in less wind damage, will give the pots and soil some shade, will make them less visible to prying eyes and will still prevent the dogs from brushing up against them - a quadruple winner!

DSCF9492[1].JPG

El Timbo

Things are looking up on the clone front so I am going to officially flip the other 3 today! Pics of the 2 Congo x SS - both good strong plants. In the 2nd pic on the top left you can see the GG#$ S1 - she's not enjoying the heat...

DSCF9495[1].JPG
DSCF9496[1].JPG

El Timbo

Early flowers on one of the Panama Haze. I spotted some PM on my ivy so it is still about but none on my cannabis at the moment!

DSCF9502[1].JPG

El Timbo

These are the IHxBH clones - A on the left and C on the right - the only examples I have of them. They are both doing well in a semi shady, airy spot and will be given another chance once I get clones of them.

DSCF9504[1].JPG

And the Schnazzleberry #3 - also nice and easy to keep over the summer - with a well camouflaged wee beastie on it,

DSCF9506[1].JPG

I've been testing all the various plants from this thread but I keep going back to the Malawi x Panama - she will be missed when her buds are all gone.

El Timbo

Update time... the summer was very hot (as usual) and I think I overfed my sativas... there was also some spider mite activity. I have a nice harvest of sativa buds curing though - not perfect but they will be good. Next year I will have some kind of light shade over the flowering sativas when I start to force flower them in July then I can remove it in September/Oct as they are finishing.

Summer cloning proved difficult again and I only have 1 surviving clone from a Panama Haze. I'm disappointed that I have lost the chance to give the Congo x SS a second chance but there it is.

I have 5 plants that have started flowering naturally on the terrace despite the quite large amount of ambient light.

Green M x PCK (pictured)
Purple M x PCK
IH x BH (sativa pheno)
IH x BH (less sativa)
Schnazzleberry #3

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9521[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	17968596

I have clones of them all except the less sativa pheno of IH x BH (which has shown a spot of PM)

New seeds have been planted for a winter grow - 5 Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Blueberry (only 5/10 germinated) and 3 Zamaldelicia fems (3/3 germinated) - these will be prepared for next summer's sativa grow I think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9520[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.5 KB ID:	17968597

Last edited:

El Timbo

Bodega report: I am enjoying having a nice cured bodega to choose from and it has reminded me to focus on the buds! I have realised that I focus too much on seeds and vegging and cloning (still have to focus on that) and what to grow next that I forget to pay attention to the girls that are flowering now and their buds - it's all about the buds!

The almost 1 year old malawi x panama is still incredible.

DSCF9523[1].JPG

El Timbo

I'm having some trouble with the Shnazzleberry#3 this round - I found a few mealy bugs on her so they may have been robbing her of nutrients but I think I may have been doing something else wrong. Any advice on possible causes or ways forward would be very welcome... the other 4 are doing fine. One change I have made this round is to start adjusting the ph of the water with vinegar. My tap water is around ph 8.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9525[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.6 KB ID:	17973217
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9526[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.8 KB ID:	17973218

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9527[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	17973219

El Timbo

More new seedlings! After reading some reports of PM with the GFxBB I decided to add another indica dom hybrid to the garden. Kali China x PCK from ACE, which is listed as having high resistance to PM. 6/6 germinated.

So I have 11 indica dom hybrids (some of the GFxBB may be males) - I will take my time over the next few months to observe them for PM and secure clones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9539[1].JPG Views:	2 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	17979143

A pic of the purple Malawi x PCK in mid flower (malawi is susceptible to PM and PCK is resistant) - the green M x PCK is showing a few spots of PM so she may be eliminated from my collection.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9540[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	17979146

Finally I have culled the sickly shnazzleberry 3 - I'm still not sure where I went wrong with her. I have clones of her so she will be back!

El Timbo

The 2 young clones of M x PCK (purple on the left, green on the right) both have spots of PM... it's really demoralising :(. They are living alongside other plants that don't show any signs of it. All the vegging plants have been treated with multiple products and fingers have been crossed.

DSCF9542[1].JPG

The GF x BB have been roman numbered I to V according to their post topping vigour - this is number I

DSCF9543[1].JPG

And the 6 KC x PCK babies

DSCF9544[1].JPG

El Timbo

Update time! I had an unplanned period of 3 weeks away from my garden, which coincided with some very bad weather. My helper did his best but the plants suffered somewhat from a combination of PM, under watering, wind damage, hail stones, too small pots...

The 4 flowering plants all had some PM on some leaves but not on the buds - the purple MxPCK had the least PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9552[1].JPG Views:	4 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	18012744

The vegging plants are all still alive but not looking their best.

Last edited:

El Timbo

Thank you Creeperpark! Hopefully the clone will pull through. She doesn't have the full on berry taste that I was hoping for but she makes some very nice buds.

The storm damaged plants are starting to produce fresh, healthy new growth - my attention is on the GFxBB as they will be the next group to be flowered. They are beginning to show sex (1 female so far). 3 of them have red/purple stems, 1 has a little colour and 1 hardly any.

DSCF9554[1].JPG

El Timbo

A month later and not much to report... the Malawi x PCK clone didn't make it so that is the end of that adventure. I still have buds of 4 different examples and they are all good - a couple are pretty strong.

I've been having more cloning failures - very frustrating. I've been debating whether or not to ditch the whole idea of working with clones and just do seed grows - it would certainly simplify things for me in some ways and I would just have 1 or 2 groups of 6 plants at any one time. However I don't want "being crap at cloning" to be the reason I switch to only seed grows so I am determined to sort it out - starting again tomorrow with the 4 GFxBB and the 3 Zamaldelicias.

Hats off to the chosen Incense Haze x Blockhead she has had a good winter outside and looks very healthy.

DSCF9565[1].JPG

She is a great plant in terms of vigour and the buds are nice but not amazing (in my opinion).

El Timbo

I have a new mother/seedling/early veg area - my second floor balcony. I have installed a couple of solar lights that come on at night. In the pic are the 6 KC x PCK, which I am treating as mother plants for the moment, and the IH x BH.

Things are looking good so far this time in the cloning box - I've changed a few things/methods so hopefully I will have clones of the GF x BB soon. There are 2 purple females, 1 semi purple female, 1 green female and 1 purple male. I will make F2s when I finally get clones (or decide to abandon cloning).

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF9571[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	18064001

El Timbo

Progress report - I have some (but not all) of the clones rooted and high hopes for the others. It has been a trial and I'm leaning towards doing more seed grows - germ, veg, flower, harvest, repeat but as I said above my current plants were started with a view to finding keepers.

The male SPGxBB seemed to be the worst of the lot in terms of PM so I ditched him. I'd like to work on developing a PM resistant strain so starting with a susceptible male wouldn't be ideal :)

I have small versions of the Schnazz 3 and one of the Panama Hazes in flower - although I forgot to note the flip date! Hopefully the 4 SPGxBB and the 3 Zamaldelicias will be flipped soon, followed by the KC x PCKs. They are all looking good and responding to the spring weather.

Still enjoying my varied and well cured bodega - the purple Malawi x PCK is lovely but the green is stronger.

El Timbo

So far I have clones of 3 KC x PCKs, the 2 green SPG x BBs and the IH x BH. These were rooted in peat pucks but I'm now experimenting with 50/50 perlite and seedling mix.

DSCF9589[1].JPG

El Timbo

The 4 SPGxBB and the 2 Zamaldelicas were flipped on the 1st of April - so 23 days and some nice smells. The 2 purple SPGxBB have more of a berry smell with the other 2 being sweeter.

Pic shows number IV.

I have clones of everything now - although I am still considering switching to seed only grows. I'm generally trying to simplify/declutter my life :)

DSCF9614[1].JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts