What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

40degsouth

Black Koffee’s
99B64F0E-296A-4659-96A5-2A4182A37B3E.png
CDA4AB67-86A0-41F0-9C9B-A8B588F8075B.png

40degsouth

This is the veg feeding schedule. You can feed it to one month old seed starts or clones, once they’re established. Full strength micro nutrient solution will burn young plants so half to one third strength to start with.
D6431A6D-34D3-4E34-ADB9-F2A59F473208.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great. That Black Koffee looks like a good indica.

I war sure, bus wondering, when I saw some surface roots in the past, if it was from a waterlogged, or over wet root zone that made it sprout roots to look for air. Sometimes if its moist enough though, with plenty of rains, the roots are able to grow above the surface without drying out. Helps if there is a thick canopy of foliage.

Can't wait to see them start flowering, when does flowering trigger? Will probably see some preflowers soon!

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Yeah the Black Koffee’s are looking good. I’m expecting them to trigger about a week to ten days before my Blackdog cut and l should start seeing that in about two weeks or so. Plants are stretching at the moment and everything is on point so far.
It’s been really frustrating not being able to upload photos and l was so pissed the other day when the site ditched my response to everyone’s messages and questions, l got in my car and drove to a place where I got enough reception to post.
I actually meant to say that the feeling schedule is such that the plants are producing a thick mat of feeder roots, OFF THE STEM, just under the soil. I have seen, many times, healthy plants producing feeder roots, just under the soil, particularly under mulch or top dresses. This made me realise that top dresses, at the correct timing really can push growth and plant health.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I have seen, many times, healthy plants producing feeder roots, just under the soil, particularly under mulch or top dresses. This made me realise that top dresses, at the correct timing really can push growth and plant health.

AMEN

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
here’s an update on our male selection of the (Blackdog x Golden Tiger) bx3 male that threw pistils Well I thought it was a good idea to wait and see if it produced seeds and therefore had ovums, which in turn means, it’s a true hermaphrodite. Well here’s a seed l just found with my morning coffee so l thought I’d share a photo before l cull it out.
This puts the bx4 generation back another season it’s unfortunate but there’s no point using anything that doesn’t make the grade. Turns out that it actually took me three years to find a male in the way that I expected the offspring to be.
Here’s a photo of the reveging (Blackdog x Ancient Og f5) bx1’s. These were planted back in June last year, our winter, to test for low light tolerance, over and underwatering etc etc. Being a photoperiod they trigger and flower because of the daylight hours, so l can check for stretch and then they go outside for assessment in adverse weather conditions to see how they perform in frost, cold, bud formation, after never being fed and most importantly for me, resistance to pm, botrytis and leaf spot.
This is when I’m selecting for a male to do the bx generations and obviously looking for the same things in him. Because they’re all flowering at the same time l have the ability to pollinate females and because once the final selections are made l up pot them in order to assess reveg, as the season progresses and l can have mature seeds to assess in the same season.
The reveg is extremely stressful for a plant and it’s ability to revert from flower to vegetative growth gives an example of how strong a line is. Because of the narcotic tissue in the buds, a weak plant becomes extremely susceptible to fungal infections and gives an opportunity for recessive traits hidden deep in the genes, such as hermaphroditism, to manifest on the plant.
B67EADCF-C30F-408C-A260-267266A45F11.png

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
here’s an update on our male selection of the (Blackdog x Golden Tiger) bx3 male that threw pistils Well I thought it was a good idea to wait and see if it produced seeds and therefore had ovums, which in turn means, it’s a true hermaphrodite. Well here’s a seed l just found with my morning coffee so l thought I’d share a photo before l cull it out.
This puts the bx4 generation back another season it’s unfortunate but there’s no point using anything that doesn’t make the grade. Turns out that it actually took me three years to find a male in the way that I expected the offspring to be in the first generation, so l can wait. .
Here’s a photo of the reveging (Blackdog x Ancient Og f5) bx1’s. These were planted back in June last year, our winter, to test for low light tolerance, over and underwatering etc etc. Being a photoperiod they trigger and flower because of the daylight hours, so l can check for stretch and then they go outside for assessment in adverse weather conditions to see how they perform in frost, cold, bud formation, after never being fed and most importantly for me, resistance to pm, botrytis and leaf spot.
This is when I’m selecting for a male to do the bx generations and obviously looking for the same things in him. Because they’re all flowering at the same time l have the ability to pollinate females and because once the final selections are made l up pot them in order to assess reveg, as the season progresses and l can have mature seeds to assess in the same season.
The reveg is extremely stressful for a plant and it’s ability to revert from flower to vegetative growth gives an example of how strong a line is. Because of the narcotic tissue in the buds, a weak plant becomes extremely susceptible to fungal infections and gives an opportunity for recessive traits hidden deep in the genes, such as hermaphroditism, to manifest on the plant. View attachment 18954774

Attachments

• A393C83B-D609-4AEB-99E7-A95AB91DD2AA.png
    A393C83B-D609-4AEB-99E7-A95AB91DD2AA.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 28

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah may go back if it has hermaphrdite tendency. Be sure to breed for resin quality, that is the primary criteria, but I guess they are pretty good plants. Some breeders have spoken about commercial breeders who are breeding for certain criteria to improve production will a lot of times diminish the possible keeper phenotypes of high quality. Just keep that in mind. Really enjoying your work.

Not all the plants in that line may be hermi. How many have you found at that stage in the line? If its just 1 may not all be bad, especially with undue added stress of reveg. Is it normal to have a hermi during reveg? Thanks for sharing! Have a good summer! :smoke:

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Yeah in my experience reveg is the best way to bring out hemaphroditic tendencies. I’m sure with added environmental stressors the potential becomes exponential and if l didn’t put the plants through such torturous trials the tendency would remain hidden.
I know some unscrupulous breeders leave hidden genetic traps in their lines so as not to be piggybacked off by anyone else and even seeds off an elite clone crossed with a stud male will still only produce a statistically small population of elite plants in the next generation. This knowledge is why I’ve decided to stop chasing my tall with other genetics and focus on my own breeding goals.
I’m fairly certain it’s the Thai in the Golden Tiger that’s carrying the genes especially given that a lot of the long flowering Asian lines carry monoecious tendencies. I also know from talking with Dubi, over at the “Ace Thread”, that he worked really hard to stabilise the plants he started with to eradicate the tendency.
I did see it in one of the bx2 generation selected males and I’ve been pondering as to what genetic throw back line it’s coming through to make it all the way to the end of my rigorous selection process; as you know these plants are really tough. I have seen similarities between the two plants but to draw any sort of correlation would only be spurious. I touched base with Tony Green and asked him if he thought l should ditch the whole population but he didn’t think it was necessary so, l took that as read.
It’s taken me nine seasons to get to this point and I’ve literally killed thousands of plants and thrown out kilos of seed. . I’ll start again in June and see what I can come up with. I’m particularly impressed by the (Blackdog x AOG f5) bx1 line and might even clone off the most impressive female to see if she can survive the winter in the torture chamber.
Cheers,

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Yeah in my experience reveg is the best way to bring out hemaphroditic tendencies. I’m sure with added environmental stressors the potential becomes exponential and if l didn’t put the plants through such torturous trials the tendency would remain hidden.
I know some unscrupulous breeders leave hidden genetic traps in their lines so as not to be piggybacked off by anyone else and even seeds off an elite clone crossed with a stud male will still only produce a statistically small population of elite plants in the next generation. This knowledge is why I’ve decided to stop chasing my tall with other genetics and focus on my own breeding goals.
I’m fairly certain it’s the Thai in the Golden Tiger that’s carrying the genes especially given that a lot of the long flowering Asian lines carry monoecious tendencies. I also know from talking with Dubi, over at the “Ace Thread”, that he worked really hard to stabilise the plants he started with to eradicate the tendency.
I did see it in one of the bx2 generation selected males and I’ve been pondering as to what genetic throw back line it’s coming through to make it all the way to the end of my rigorous selection process; as you know these plants are really tough. I have seen similarities between the two plants but to draw any sort of correlation would only be spurious. I touched base with Tony Green and asked him if he thought l should ditch the whole population but he didn’t think it was necessary so, l took that as read.
It’s taken me nine seasons to get to this point and I’ve literally killed thousands of plants and thrown out kilos of seed. I’ll start again in June and see what I can come up with. I’m particularly impressed by the (Blackdog x AOG f5) bx1 line and might even clone off the most impressive female to see if she can survive the winter in the torture chamber.
Cheers,

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all doing well.
I’ve came to town and I’ve got full reception so get ready for a photo dump.
Morning, Koffee’s. Aparently these are much bigger than they normally get. I’m putting this down to the calcium nitrate in the feeding schedule pushing them further into the season than they’d normally go. Three of them are pushing seven feet and one is five and one third feet.
They’ve got a really upright structure and would do well in a sea of green style. The smell is a ripe mango and that has changed from a gassy pine cleaner.
You can see from the closeups, node spacing is tightening and pre flowers are starting.
53EF2F1D-DD21-4BFA-B9D4-F3E567E4FF2B.jpeg
418C45C5-7223-4B87-8607-1EA945E7568C.jpeg
FB2A609C-6473-4403-B591-5FFA1167D2DC.jpeg
F378E214-7DC3-4679-8D44-F7354D62D467.jpeg
D3998D5D-96E8-4EA0-8545-DA489313BEA6.jpeg
D1BD58A7-8D91-4A47-A12C-8BA58EBA3D8B.jpeg

Attachments

• 1FE7F6B9-80FD-4816-8185-52002FC0087C.jpeg
    1FE7F6B9-80FD-4816-8185-52002FC0087C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • A287EF97-6104-46D1-8E19-C5344B5DFDEE.jpeg
    A287EF97-6104-46D1-8E19-C5344B5DFDEE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 5D5277EB-3C95-4858-BB11-7A4BF728CE62.jpeg
    5D5277EB-3C95-4858-BB11-7A4BF728CE62.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 17BDE667-2C9A-4217-BDD2-DE95A741A9E7.jpeg
    17BDE667-2C9A-4217-BDD2-DE95A741A9E7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Hello everyone I'm in Australia and just thought I would put a picture up of one of my outdoor girls. This is the Dark Star from TH seeds just starting to show some flowers. 👍 View attachment 18958301 View attachment 18958302
Noting the calm yet poised demeanor of that terrifying looking hound, I pity the fool that climbs over your garden fence haha. Just looking at him makes me wonder about the times I could clock over a 100-yard sprint, all else being equal.

Stumped

Noting the calm yet poised demeanor of that terrifying looking hound, I pity the fool that climbs over your garden fence haha. Just looking at him makes me wonder about the times I could clock over a 100-yard sprint, all else being equal.
Hello Swamp Thang yes she is a original blue cattle stumpy tail still only a puppy at the age of 2 ☺️ . We do have fence Hopper's here so she was a great addition to the family 👍. Have a great day.