What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hamstring

Veteran
full

full
Pipe, I have to have that zippo. Where did you get it?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

40degsouth

Hey everyone.
Well here’s a thing l never saw coming.
This is what happens when %50 hydrogen peroxide touches dry organic matter, it self combusts. I was extremely lucky to be nearby and saw the smoke. I was also doublie lucky to have water at hand. I knew the cap was leaking but never thought anything of it and I’m guessing that the heat from the sun made it expand in the bottle.
Wow, really dodged a bullet there and learnt a really important and valuable lesson that l thought was worth sharing.
9C6EA29F-8CFD-45AE-85E1-9194DC591889.jpeg

And something else I’ve learned this year about calcium nitrate, it’s really good stuff; pushes plants straight through transplant shock and they never look back. It also seems that the excess calcium improves branching and in particular where branches meet the stem. These Blackdog clones were tiny two weeks ago and are now over a foot tall. They’re taking the place of a 5gs Purple male from Rebel Grown.
338594DA-A656-409C-925A-AC391FF82516.jpeg
It’s actually been about a week since I initially started writing this update but due to appalling phone reception l’ve been unable to upload my photos so, a couple of bonus pictures for everyone, while I’ve got the opportunity.
Heres a picture of the(Blackdog x Golden Tiger) bx3 male. The pistils have all dropped out and only took about three days to do it. If l hadn’t of been keeping an eye on it, I would never of seen it and now it just looks like a normal, resinous male.
F1AB7D4D-6A62-4868-8D00-EAB9400CCBB0.png
And finally,some of the Koffee males. These are the earliest photo period plants I’ve ever grown. I’ve forced these into early flower by keeping them in one gallon pots and the females have, probably, began transition and will start to show pistils in a week or so.
94629F49-5CDE-47E5-88E0-D167DBE6B998.jpeg

Cheers,

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a really resinous male, never seen one with that much resin. Is it just starting to flower and is already showing that much resin? Maybe its a mutation? Will be interesting to see how the offspring turn out next year!

So the Koffee is kind of like a Lebanese, and started to flower becuase of restricted root zone? 1 Gallon isn't much! You are tough on these plants. I guess its good to test things out. We should call you "The Scientist"!

How many experiments do you have going on this year?
:smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Usually Hydogen peroxide is a 5% solution and bubbles fast when it hits dirt in your cut. Must be a really fast reaction when its 10 times stronger! Never knew about that!

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Yeah I’ve always got a lot of things going, testing new genetics is always an experiment here with my endemic the leaf spot disease that’s in everything except the 2012 Blackdogs. Not sure l really deserve to be “The Scientist” when I’m standing on the shoulders of giants, perhaps more like Marvin Martian or Wile E Coyote is a bit closer to the show l run 🤣🤣
I’m also experimenting with the feeding regime Bradley Danks gave me to keep the plants in optimum health through to senescence, so far this is working really well. I feel like it’s the first season, in a very long time, that I’ll come out the end of it growing some different genetics that don’t suffer. We’ll see, when this stuff hits it hits hard.
That male l posted is an update of the one from a week or so ago. The pistils all fell out in a matter of days and now it just looks like a normal male. If it starts producing seeds, well I guess it’s got ovums and is a true herm🤔🤔
The H2O2 fire was a total blow out. I know it’s used as rocket fuel but didn’t know it can start fires in higher concentration. The %50 is from an industrial cleaning company and is the strongest l could find, it’s really cheap. One bottle has lasted me several seasons so far. I use it to oxygenate foliar feeds and waterings, and sterilise gear; it’s also really good for cleaning the bath and shower 🤣🤣 They also have a highly concentrated phosphoric acid, for those of you that are looking for another source.
Not sure how the scouts’ll go with it Old Piney……they’ll probably all have their “Burn themselves and the tent down” badge by the end of the camp. 🏴‍☠️

So a couple of pictures for everyone before I sign out; this is a Double Og Sour male that’s been forced into flower. It’s only been watered a couple of times since showing sex and again is in a one gallon.
C23CAC9A-46CA-46A3-B1D3-470F24435DEE.jpeg
And two stand out examples of the (Blackdog x Ancient Og f5) bx1’s. Despite the fact they’re very small l can tell the one in the background leans a bit more towards the AOG than the one in the front. This will also manifest into a better stretch and node spacing which might be an improvement on the mother. They are both laden with sticky, floral, skunky resin that has me coming back and rubbing it under my nose so l can keep smelling it as l wander around. These plants also have no mould, which weak reveging plants are predisposed and highly susceptible to and most importantly, no leaf spot. The only negative I’ve been able to find with these plants is that snails like to eat them and you may notice a bit of a trail and munching on some leaves.
This is what killed off the male selection for the bx2’s, this year and has set me back another year. Fortunately, if you look closely, you’ll see both these plants have seeds that are an in cross, from this male, that l think I’ll test out this year and maybe start a filal generation with these outstanding plants.
57B2DDD7-60A9-4E46-BE95-15007DD9090B.jpeg
Well, stretch is only a few weeks away so I better get busy.
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why are those (Blackdog x AOG F5) bx1 revegging? Did they go out and start flowering early and then revegetate. When did it get pollinated by the males that got eaten by snails?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How did the Double OG Sour get forced into flower? Did it flower early just from being in a restricted root zone of 1 gallon or did you do light deprevation?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear you have that endemic leaf spot disease! I guess its a good way to test for resistance. Seeds that survive your place are tough!

What is the feeding regimen recommended by Bradley Danks? Sounds like its working well!

Fortman420

Where I work, we deal with a company who manufacturers H2O2. They gave us a demonstration of its reactivity with organic matter. Took a leather work glove and put a couple drops of h202 on it. It was smoldering within 60 seconds and in flames shortly after. It's hella destructive stuff if not handled correctly

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I put that on my skin to clean cuts. Dose is everything. You can gargle with h2o2 diluted to 5% I think it is they sell it at the drug store.

40degsouth

Wow,
I’ve written a huge description of everything and answered Pipline’s questions and I’ve just logged in and it’s gone. I’ve been waiting to upload photos because phone reception has been particularly sketchy for over a week.
I won’t make that mistake again either.

Old Piney

I put that on my skin to clean cuts. Dose is everything. You can gargle with h2o2 diluted to 5% I think it is they sell it at the drug store.
The stuff I got is 3% I believe that's the norm for antiseptic you can gargle with it but I find that you'll foam up like a mad dog ,best to cut it again 1 part to 3 water .it's good if you got a cold starting

40degsouth

There’s also hydrogen peroxide treatments people can take to oxygenate the body but do your research first because three drops in a glass of water can really mess up your internal organs and processes, without tolerance.

CannaZen

There’s also hydrogen peroxide treatments people can take to oxygenate the body but do your research first because three drops in a glass of water can really mess up your internal organs and processes, without tolerance.
I googled it and it just increases free radicals I think, I was drinking some of it.